757 Year Round Phl-snn-dub-phl

What about those coroprate A320s? And PrivatAir, they fly A320s from Europe.. do they have extra fuel tanks or something?

EVERY other network carrier is focusing on international expansion rather than domestic right now. US is dismally low on widebodies, but what are the plans for international? We were discussing this in a thread a couple of weeks ago. Nothing has really been said about transatlantic except that they will change the name of the well-known and award-winning Envoy Class brand to drab, generic "business class".

I would rather see them put each of the not-so-hot 757s on new transatlantic routes just to get into markets before the 330/350 deliveries, than chase low-yielding traffic to Hawaii.

I personally have not seen A320 commercially flying transatlantic, could not agree with you more
regarding the 757 pre deliveries.. good comment

What about those coroprate A320s? And PrivatAir, they fly A320s from Europe.. do they have extra fuel tanks or something?

EVERY other network carrier is focusing on international expansion rather than domestic right now. US is dismally low on widebodies, but what are the plans for international? We were discussing this in a thread a couple of weeks ago. Nothing has really been said about transatlantic except that they will change the name of the well-known and award-winning Envoy Class brand to drab, generic "business class".

I would rather see them put each of the not-so-hot 757s on new transatlantic routes just to get into markets before the 330/350 deliveries, than chase low-yielding traffic to Hawaii.

LY, you have clearly articulated the "fear" i spoke of when introducing this tangent...dilluting, if polluting "big airline" products, i.e. envoy class; and reluctance to expand outside the proverbial domestic comfortzone...management's silence is as perplexing as frustrating...my initial hope is beginning to dwindle. we are a big airline now--it is time to start thinking like one. (i am being somewhat rhetorical and dramatic. the point is crystal clear, though!)

I'm sure with the airline industry being in a pickle, as it is right now there are a few 767 sitting out in the desert waiting to be flown again. Or how about taking on the 330 now. It takes money to make it and if the routes are available now we can't wait around with our thumbs up our :censored:

I'm sure with the airline industry being in a pickle, as it is right now there are a few 767 sitting out in the desert waiting to be flown again. Or how about taking on the 330 now. It takes money to make it and if the routes are available now we can't wait around with our thumbs up our :censored:

Lets hope they do take there thumbs out... and dont lose out (again)!

From talking with a few of the agents in SNN a few weeks ago I understood the same as mentioned above. It is to my understanding that the Irish Govt. has changed their requirements for a carrier to serve both airports or none at all. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that is what they said. Regardless, the business is certainly there. We could do either city or only one. From a F/A service point, I don't know how the hot meals would be done if it were on HP a/c. US 757's don't have ovens. If the carts in the back galley were filled with Genie trays (the thermal trays) where would all the arrival service stuff go? Up front maybe? Though a relatively short flight to SNN, we still do the arrival service. You go through alot more stuff than you do on domestic flights of relatively the same distance. Just a thought. CO's 757's have a galley by their bathroom at the 2L door. I hope we do this.

Travel,

I believe we are one of the only airlines who don't have ovens in the back for the 757. If we did do the service year round they can very easily redo the galleys front and back on the 757 and even add a dry galley at the 2R door. It would be interesting to see tho!

Big expansion for Delta, Tho direct SNN- ATl might be hard to fill, But JFK route will be popular..
Maybe UA might announce plans to fly into Ireland?

Travel,

I believe we are one of the only airlines who don't have ovens in the back for the 757. If we did do the service year round they can very easily redo the galleys front and back on the 757 and even add a dry galley at the 2R door. It would be interesting to see tho!

Easier said than done. When you start pulling things apart you began to find all sorts of other things wrong. Same as when you go to redo your home.

An airplane is as good as what the company puts on it. US EAST 757's are just fine. They just need to be renovated and ovens put in the galleys (new galleys).

We wouldn't be the first to use 757's to those shorter European flights. Hell, it's quicker to fly from PHL to DUB than PHL to SEA in the winter.

I'm sure the paxs who get stuck in 7D (the lav. seat) would love to see a change to the 757 configuration. Bring back the F/C seats and my closet please!

I'm sure the paxs who get stuck in 7D (the lav. seat) would love to see a change to the 757 configuration. Bring back the F/C seats and my closet please!

Remeber when we first got the old Eastern 757's? OMG, they were horrible. Desert heat and human pee-pee are not a good combination. It appears the old EAL grounds folk figure, you pissed on us, we'll piss on you..literally. UGH!! And the three lavs in the middle and that lucky row right across from the lav.

Oh, lest we forget the last row Star Wars jumpseat, where the B f/a had the pleasure of sitting beside a passenger?

BUT, they did have ovens...hehehe! :p

Remeber when we first got the old Eastern 757's? OMG, they were horrible. Desert heat and human pee-pee are not a good combination. It appears the old EAL grounds folk figure, you pissed on us, we'll piss on you..literally. UGH!! And the three lavs in the middle and that lucky row right across from the lav.

Oh, lest we forget the last row Star Wars jumpseat, where the B f/a had the pleasure of sitting beside a passenger?

BUT, they did have ovens...hehehe! :p

I reckon if they do introduce the 757 - SNN and GLA they may operate it as an all ecy
service, as the f/c seats would no way match the Envoy pricetag...

I reckon if they do introduce the 757 - SNN and GLA they may operate it as an all ecy
service, as the f/c seats would no way match the Envoy pricetag...

perhaps thats the reason for changing envoy class name to business class, to cheapen the service :down:

perhaps thats the reason for changing envoy class name to business class, to cheapen the service :down:

Total dillusion - don't they realize these flights are generally packed and people do pay for service on longer flights...Maybe since our new management has had no experience in that market they are one step behind. But with all do respect you should do research on the subject and find that most airlines are offering a far superior product and at the same price or slightly higher by a fraction. Decreasing service is a big no-no in the eyes of the passengers and it will only hurt our already scarred business!!

Latest posts