Can we talk service?

I don't foresee US turning into a DL or a CO. But small improvements over time will make a big difference, and this does seem to be higher on Hector's agenda than it was on Sherri's. ;)
Oh come on. How much time do they need to improve? They have dragged their feet too long. And as far as them never being a DL or CO, they charge the same fares or higher for FC don't they? Why shouldn't they be offering a competitive product?

If you want change, it is much easier to whipsaw vendors than it is your own people.
Only if you have two vendors competing for your business. Since 9/11 a lot of catering kitchens have closed due to airlines removing meals from doestic flights. So sometimes you don't even have a catering company to work with at all!

I am certain its all in the works...the number 1 foucus right now s Tel aiv. Once thats flying, you should start to see change in motion.
Gimme a break, that is one flight, if US cant improve its product cause they are worried about one flight then the place might as well shut down, simply inexcusable.

Gimme a break, that is one flight, if US cant improve its product cause they are worried about one flight then the place might as well shut down, simply inexcusable.

....and plane rediculus. it looks like some people need to take a class in multi-tasking.

I am certain its all in the works...the number 1 foucus right now s Tel aiv. Once thats flying, you should start to see change in motion.

I don't buy that. They plowed right through the crew rest issues with TLV, consequences be damned. Scott says we'll just drop TLV if we have to put in a crew rest area. Right.
The current incarnation of this company races blindly ahead, confident they are the innovators of airline service. Then has to withdraw, backpedal, change, cancel when they realize they haven't thought things out at all.
Our first class is a larger seat. THAT IS ALL.
A snack basket when coach has the options of items for purchase? They truly don't have a clue.
The only innovators they are is the fastest eliminators of fine airline service in the world. Not anything to brag about. Juan Trippe is rolling over in his grave.

Maybe Tempe can get creative with presentation:

White Castle tapas:

5UZQBaIDNo7nll29ZNY2Sd9bo1_500.jpg

Popeyes sushi:

5UZQBaIDNnxbesspOmdjhjDTo1_500.jpg

Fancy Fast Food

I am sorry but there are more jackass reasons for lack of service and it's expected overhaul. Please tell me what other airline offers its coach passengers the ability to purchase a pretty tasty snack while giving their first class customers crap? I'll wait......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz The BS explanations as to why it takes so long to even change a beverage cup is laughable. What was one of the old reasons from inflight? Chinease new year? Now the company is concentrating on on TLV? I mean do you believe that? I get fruit and creamers on a given day and I'm ready to scream for joy. Sometimes it's the littlest thing that can make the biggest difference. The selling of snacks in coach with NOTHING offered in first though has to stop. It's unacceptable. :rolleyes:

....has to stop. It's unacceptable. :rolleyes:
It is unacceptable...and unnecessary...

That's why legions of us VFFers and High Yield travelers left...today, another day in the air, flying RDU-PVD...on WN. Just another day where US could have had another $200...would have had another $200...before the Sand Fleas started biting.

....and plane rediculus. it looks like some people need to take a class in multi-tasking.
<_< <_< Absolutely true. This has been historical for USairways, all the way back to Colodny. They NEVER, EVER were able to concentrate on more than one thing at a time. The ilst is too long to even consider on here - uniforms, airplane aquistion, catering, supplies, integration of web sites, flight control, scheduling- just to name a few. So none of this is a surprise.

While TLV launch was important, once again everything takes a backseat and never will get the proper attention an ENTIRE operation needs. US is desperate need of a makreting overhaul and re-branding. Its ameturish at best... USAIRS new tagline " A Day Late and A Dollar Short"

Weird should you bring up Colodny.....He couldn't figure out what to do with 767's. He wanted to park them in the desert....yet he wanted the f/a's to walk around in 2 1/2 heels!!!

Where in the hell was his head? Hmm?

As for the numbskulls in inflight as well as dining and cabin that we have now.........they are so focused on pretending they know what they are doing that they are laughable. They are pitiful.

I have never in my life met such a bunch of dunderheads.

I don't have a doubt in my mind that Hector being picked as VP of inflight was the right choice. But I don't understand what the flight schedule being set has to do with offering your first class passengers a cold salad for lunch or a bagel in the morning. I know everything comes across so simple and employees believe change can be made with the snap of a finger but how hard could it really be to do it? I'll bring up the snack box to Florida again. It's been HOW LONG now yet we find first class customers being offered the tired and I do mean TIRED snack basket while someone who very well could be on the famed $89.00 ticket is offered a choice to buy a snack? It's insane and a slap in the face to every first class passenger who has either shelled out a business fare or many tickets to get "that upgrade". It's this kind of crap that just ticks me off about what management does at times. Uggggggh. :rolleyes:

Delta does the same thing! ATL-PHL-ATL Snack basket offered in FC and Snacks for sale in YC ie..pringles, peanut m+m's, trail mix AND a Snack Box!! For Purchase! So US is Not the only one doing this!

US does it to ALL of the florida cities from PHL and DCA? I don't believe that DL does the same on routes of the same length.