Crew News 3/22

And were was PK to answer all the questions about the displacements that he caused???????????? Makes you wonder

Well our sick policy is not so generous out on the West. We are given a 45hr sick bank at the beginning of the year.
Now after you call in sick 8 times during the calendar year, you will then receive a letter in your mailbox from your supervisor stating your availibilty.

sky high states: I've heard you get a sick bank of 10 days per year. A four-day trip counts for FOUR DAYS. etc. So, by your comment above, after two (four day trips) sick calls, you get a letter. Is that right?

only stating opinions.

And were was PK to answer all the questions about the displacements that he caused???????????? Makes you wonder
I wouldn't say PK "caused" the displacements. There are shortages in bases, and that's the fact. Unfortunately, the reality of our contract is the displaced can bump into ANY base their seniority can hold. Again, not PK's fault. Now, whether they should cause this disruption at a time when employee- mgmt relations are fragile is another story. Can't wait to see Scott's response to the Crew News Session. When and How will we hear something?

"I love how the East can bring these things to the forefront, it's what makes them worth the investment"

Wow. Glad you could clear that up, and sorry poor Kirby was not on board with his job!

"them" worth the investment? I will let this obsene comment pass, for fear of thread creep.
Greeter.

I love a good thread creep. Glad to hear East folks are worthy of shining your dusty desert boots. What about the fact that the decision-making "thems" in the West are turning US into a sub-par, bargain-basement airline with a crappy product. The West "thems" seem to operate with the following thought process:

1. Fire
2. Aim
3. Oh, wait, are you ready yet?

sky high states: In theory, that would be awesome. But, what incentive does the company have to build trips by our preferences? What if the company decides to build all one days for the LGA/BOS/DCA bases? 3 Hour "sits" in CLT, PHX? What's the recourse?
Secondly, can you imagine the "Philly factor" with separate crews all trying to get to their departures? One aircraft has a front end crew. Another is missing the F/A's. I smell, disaster.

only stating opinions.
Skyhigh, you hit the nail right on the head. I, personally, would love NOTHING more than 10 hour pay/credit one days! I am all for splitting from the pilots, if there is some sort of contractual guarantee that those will be a reality.

sky high states: I've heard you get a sick bank of 10 days per year. A four-day trip counts for FOUR DAYS. etc. So, by your comment above, after two (four day trips) sick calls, you get a letter. Is that right?
only stating opinions.

Sky High,

That is correct. They give you a letter as sort of a heads up so you don't hit 10. If you hit 10 they call you in for what they call an "initial counseling" and documentation goes in your file regarding your availability issues. They also calculate our sick days on a rolling calendar year, not January to December. It is also quite possible to get in to trouble for having 10 sick days while never once using any hours from your sick bank. The kicker of all this is our "sick policy" is nowhere in writing. Inflight just came up the number 10 arbitrarily and that is how it is done.

I'm trying trying to stick up for anyone, but for the record. David Seymour is over the Crew Planning area, not Sherri Shamblin. It would have been David Seymour that would have briefed Scott prior to this meeting. However, the people in the East that intereact with the employees affected by the displacements, probably should have given everyone a "heads up" that this was a big issue in the East especially on this day. Presidents are generally not so focused on "one work group", there are 35,000 employees and thats why you have different people responsible for different areas. Cut Scott a break on this one, he was blindsided and was probably expecting the SHARES issue to dominate this meeting since it affected so many employees.

Hats off to those employees that really made this well known to management how they feel. I am certain that these guys will take it to heart, the already have, but this session really helps.

While I agree that David Seymour is head of Crew Planning that doesn't change the fact that Sherri is VP of inflight and as such she should have been fully aware of how these displacements were/may affect the east based FA's. She is directly in charge of our workgroup and as such she should know everything there is to know regarding the displacements. She basically passed the buck to crew planning. That is unacceptable when you have the title of VP and it's an issue DIRECTLY impacting your workers. I admit I may have "gone off" a little but we on the west have been dealing with her incompetence for years. A simple heads up to Scott would have been appropriate instead she basically hung him out to dry. She owed to those in CLT and everyone on the east to show up at these crew sessions prepared not doing so just shows her indifference to this work group. I stand by what I said before, she should go back to the barn with her horses because she surely isn't doing a thing for ANY of us...east or west FA's.

Again, Sherri is not over Crew Planning. If anyone hung Scott out to dry is was Seymour or you can take it even lower down the totem pole.
I have to disagree completely. Sherri is the VP of inflight, and is directly responsible for the east and west flight attendants. It certainly is her responsibility to understand what is happening with regards to displacements! Once again, she has shown her ineptness in her position by not having any clue whatsoever as to what is happening out East (I cant speak for the west).

Somebody has to have the answers and should have HAD the answers with them at this meeting.These are peoples lives. Sheri must have known that this topic was going to come up at a meeting in CLT; she should have been prepared. I just wish that she could realize that her ignorance of so many situations just makes her looks plain stupid and careless. Does she not care? I just don't get it.

Just because she is not the crew planner does not mean she should not be up to speed with issues that affect INFLIGHT SERVICES. She should constantly be in touch with all areas that affect FA's: Catering, scheduling, cabin appearance, crew planning, etc.

I guess we should have expected this type of preparation at the meeting, judging from the last time she tried to host a crew session ("Are you all excited about the $50 in your check? yay!" ) :eek:

Director of Inflight Preformance and Staffing: Paul Kinsey
Yup, and he should have been there too with some numbers and some answers. Maybe someone can email sheri his number; perhaps they can meet for coffee and Paul can inform her that we are displacing on the east.

IT'S A FREAKSHOW----> :mf_boff:

I have to disagree completely. Sherri is the VP of inflight, and is directly responsible for the east and west flight attendants. It certainly is her responsibility to understand what is happening with regards to displacements! Once again, she has shown her ineptness in her position by not having any clue whatsoever as to what is happening out East (I cant speak for the west).

Somebody has to have the answers and should have HAD the answers with them at this meeting.These are peoples lives. Sheri must have known that this topic was going to come up at a meeting in CLT; she should have been prepared. I just wish that she could realize that her ignorance of so many situations just makes her looks plain stupid and careless. Does she not care? I just don't get it.

Just because she is not the crew planner does not mean she should not be up to speed with issues that affect INFLIGHT SERVICES. She should constantly be in touch with all areas that affect FA's: Catering, scheduling, cabin appearance, crew planning, etc.

I guess we should have expected this type of preparation at the meeting, judging from the last time she tried to host a crew session ("Are you all excited about the $50 in your check? yay!" ) :eek:
Yup, and he should have been there too with some numbers and some answers. Maybe someone can email sheri his number; perhaps they can meet for coffee and Paul can inform her that we are displacing on the east.

IT'S A FREAKSHOW----> :mf_boff:

Itestwell-Amen to that! :up:

Coffee with Paul? Nah, she's too busy with her horses. God forbid she actually spend the time to get caught up on what's happening with HER OWN DEPARTMENT! :blink:

Iteswell- Now put two and two together. How do you think Paul got where he is? He is good buddy buddy with Sherry. At the uniform show she just raved about him and how he was the right hand man. :rolleyes:
Well the right hand lost track of the left again...darn funny how that just happens :shock:

Iteswell- Now put two and two together. How do you think Paul got where he is? He is good buddy buddy with Sherry. At the uniform show she just raved about him and how he was the right hand man. :rolleyes:
Well the right hand lost track of the left again...darn funny how that just happens :shock:
wasnt Paul in his position back at ccy before the merger? At any rate, she should be ashamed of herself for not having any answers for these people, MANY OF WHOM ARE BEING DISPLACED FOR THE SECOND TIME. (That does not take into account previous furloughs and base closures, either.)

Hello, these are human beings. Disrupting their lives and then having no answers makes Sheri loook like a _________. I understand company staffing needs, but showing up to a public meeting with no facts, no numbers, no ANYTHING, is absolutely unbelievable to me.

Paul goes way back to CCY. He was a darling of Sherry Hendry and now Sherry Shamblin. How to latter climb 101?