Who should be fired...

Phx Mama it's not that simple. If it is booked on .com it and it is HP flt it can only be done in SHARES and it has only taken ..#@*?..long for someone to allow us the right sines so we can assign preferred seats! Not everyone is trained in SHARES yet, and there are alot of glitches on our side with SHARES. Every day we have a new list of things we have to learn about SHARES that we were not taught about, or a work around they have fixed for our side of SHARES.

Phx Mama it's not that simple. If it is booked on .com it and it is HP flt it can only be done in SHARES and it has only taken ..#@*?..long for someone to allow us the right sines so we can assign preferred seats! Not everyone is trained in SHARES yet, and there are alot of glitches on our side with SHARES. Every day we have a new list of things we have to learn about SHARES that we were not taught about, or a work around they have fixed for our side of SHARES.
Sorry to come down on you guys but even if a tkt was booked on delta or hooters tkt stock if it was your flight you should have access to your seats. I know many of you are just learning shares but its no excuse for xfring these calls. Agents should be contacting their help desk or the phx help desk for seats if necessary or help in actually doing it. Its better to keep your pax and let them know you are helping them than to xfer to the unknown, its just wrong. Phx help desk can assign preferred on hp flights if necessary but west does not have access to east flights seats. Im sorry if I seemed a little annoyed in that post but I am so,so frustrated more so with our lack of customer service than agent knowledge. I know how lousy the training is but we have got to work together to at least give our customers the understanding of what the issues are. Most are truly understanding and those that have been thru a company merger are extremely patient as long as we eventually get them what they need or at least an answer. Managment needs to know what areas you need help with and where your problems are. Again, I am so sorry for my frustration but we need to step up our game. If you need any help just let me know. Knowledge is power and makes a happy customer!

Most are truly understanding and those that have been thru a company merger are extremely patient as long as we eventually get them what they need or at least an answer.

You are so very right about that!!! I went through a corporate merger last year, and it failed so badly that now we're "un-merging"! I learned a lot about patience and tolerance through the merger transition process, but the most important thing I learned is that the customers are the innocent bystanders. Right now I'm doing everything in my power to proactively make sure my customers are not caught in the crossfire while both companies are squabbling over who gets custody of the "kids" and the "assets."

Managment needs to know what areas you need help with and where your problems are. Again, I am so sorry for my frustration but we need to step up our game.

Well someone is advising customers they have been upgraded, shows add segment upgrade in history, HOWEVER, it came back UC after they were advised they had 1D, everything is set. I've noticed that anything booked codeshare or Shares to Sabre or VV takes a while to kick back. Shares seems to be particularly lacking in instant response like Sabre regarding booking a segment or many other entries and if you end it and pull it up again, things arent always what they appeared to be the first time. Major PITA!
Anyway, she didnt seem too upset with her 20B! :shock:
I've noticed an increase in the number of seat assignments that arent what they are supposed to be also. Not sure if someone isnt ending the records, or the systems just arent talking to each other or if the people are making things up ;) . As much as I want them to get the system worked out before merging the res system, this is just one more oops we have to deal with at the ATO on a daily basis and makes me want to just get it to one asap. We have the f-ups now with 2 systems, might as well just have 1 to screw up... :up:

Tadjr, there are lag times from the SHARES side. Unfortunately it is a "mirror image" system - not diredt access.

Here is another web site twist. I just went to check on Flight 1147 which I am taking next Friday--I like to check my itineraries for performance for about a week before the trip.

The web site shows that flight 1147 departed PHL at 10:04AM for San Diego, arriving 12:47PM. It ALSO shows flight 1147 departing PHL at 7:48AM and arrived DFW at 10AM. According to my schedule, the DFW flight was 887.

OR are there 2 distinct 1147's????

Inquiring minds want to know..........

OR are there 2 distinct 1147's????

Indeed there are, which is why the website asks for the origination city. In this case, both 1147's happen to depart PHL.

US1147 is scheduled service PHL-SAN
US887 PHL-DFW is also HP*1147

I am told the HP code will be gone in September, eliminating these questions...

What is that? We'll talk stats when they get their act together. Wouldnt that be a lovely union grievance. LOL

Well, I've been rather quiet on here for a few months, however, now that you bring up "stats"...well, we're all physically, emotionally, mentally exhausted and all we hear from mgmt is "watch your compliance"!!! BS!!! It's absolutely absurd in this day and time to expect ANY of rez to be in compliance...and they don't like personals, but you know that with more than 2 hrs before another break, and passengers calls avg irates every 2-3, you need a breather away from the phones for a few minutes!!! Mgmt needs to stop being pencil pushers and get their own selves on the phones, talk to the passengers and "fix" the problems...oh..and call the east and get hung up on a few times, then give up and call their help desk only to have them tell you that you shouldn't be calling their dept because it's something regular reservations can handle.(YEA---if only they wouldnt hang u up or keep you on hold for an hour or transfer you to BFE!)

This is the type of reality every single agent at rez is facing and mgmt worries about compliance!!!! It's appalling!! Was real tempting to bring that up in the meeting with Mr Parker last week, but restrained...boy was it hard too!!!!