Who should be fired...

HpFA

I agree with you to a point. Yes the Southworsts and the Airtrans should be allowed to run wild and price each other under. And Yes US should be able to price its product to be profitable, but that is where there's room for interpretation.

HP proved that a RATIONAL fare schedule can be profitable--where FULL fare unrestricted fares are reasonable and represent decent value. Since they won't have to support the LOSER fares, there will be no need for the gouging that is still going on in the east.

That said, finding the happy medium is difficult. HP had it almost right, and DL's Simplifares would have been a success had their costs not been so high and that little thing called oil not jumped through the roof.

If there's no value there's no customers....otherwise I say there is no need to match the real LCC pricing--let Ma and Pa Kettle go elsewhere--you SHOULD be looking to keep the people who will fly you EVERY week.

That said, this whole web site thing is a done deal. It doesn't matter who's responsible or who should be fired, but it is a stark example of failure to communicate with customers and failure to prepare a product properly. As I stated before, say what you will about the old CCY gang, but they DID know when to ask for help, and they got it. There was just no excuse for rushing a substandard product to market just to meet a cute date (anniversary of merger announcement). There would have been no harm in waiting until June 9th for the full rollout.

That said, I will try to book on site, but am afraid to unless they start using 037 codes--if I can't accomplish everything I need to with the US CHairmans' desk, I don't need to book online.

But that is a story for another thread......

Art, US Chairmans agents have been trained on quik/shares and can toggle back and forth between the two systems. Since they now have access to 037tkts and 401tkts dont worry about booking online. I was told preferred will be routed to Winston/Salem so you shouldnt have any issues.

If I e-mail Mr. Kirby, my expectation is that he would at minimum get his administrator and say. "Get someone in Customer Relations to respond to this Pain in The Arse". An extremely positive response would be for someone from a company to reach out via phone and speak to me directly regarding my concerns. Long before there was a "Piney Bob" or a Cockroaches or FFOCUS, Mr Siegel's office did the above and it stands in stark contrast to Mr Kirby.

Ever thought the e-mail recognizes you as SPAM and it never gets through to him?

Again, I will ask all dedicated customers and employees to hang in there together. If anyone decides to trvl oal or leave the company, trust me I understand, but I really believe there might be light at the end of the tunnel. It could be another trainlight and a wreck waiting to happen but I think we are on the right track.

I'm hoping also for a positive outcome in the end also, the potential is there. The problem being, is that customers on the East Coast won't tolerate much more of a sub-standard product. Yes, they have stuck with this Airline through some incredibly horrid times, but how much more are they willing to withstand? We are promoting the "New USAirways", but are we ready to actually be doing that?
Seems as though a lot of the changes need to be proven and tested before being implemented, JMO.

But alas the alledged best of them (DP) has only been able to battle SWA to a standstill.

Which is far better then anyone has done with Southwest at a major hub. Plus, Southwest and America West had seemingly come to a form of truce. Neither of them could kill the other and they did serve somewhat different cliantele. So, they seemingly decided to co-exist and not make full-blown war upon each other. The fact that America West survived, and in fact generated profits, surprised all the pundits who were regularly updating their pre-written obituaries for America West.

I suspect that Southwest's reason for doing that was the realization that should Southwest get into a costly war and diminish assets that they knew the next fight would be with American Airlines. So, they kept their powder dry for future use.

hp,

If SW wanted to put U or AWA out of business; they'd be out of business. SW drove US out of BWI as as coincidence because U wanted to compete and match the fares and couldn't with their business model.. lost loads of money. I don't believe SW forced U out, its U couldn't compete.

I believe that SW is not in business to run anyone out of business; otherwise they would match service for service, perks and all. They don't.

Its not their style or business. They have a simple business model, and if the customer wants to fly from point A to point low fare with no frills, no seat assignment etc, that's who they fly.

Its the legacies and the jump starts that compete against each other and SW. If an airline endeavors to run SW out of business or out of a city; they lose, and will lose hands down. I don't ever recall in the 32 years SW has been in business where they were driven out of that city by another carrier.

Make no mistake about it.

I'm hoping also for a positive outcome in the end also, the potential is there. The problem being, is that customers on the East Coast won't tolerate much more of a sub-standard product. Yes, they have stuck with this Airline through some incredibly horrid times, but how much more are they willing to withstand? We are promoting the "New USAirways", but are we ready to actually be doing that?
Seems as though a lot of the changes need to be proven and tested before being implemented, JMO.
I dont know and only time will tell before we know what will shake out. I do know diminishing outsourcing will help bring back customers to US and many customers have advised they would rather wait and speak with US agent. Because HP never outsourced, none of us realized how bad the situtaion really was and its not that they are rude, its just conducting business is hard when you're not sure what you are getting and with no customer repoire, theres just not that same feeling. Its SO different. ex) a pax calls and adv missed flight due to basketball game -agent suns vs lakers yeah did you see it? Oh yeah,gonna be a long day but Seve Nash rocks! That will be 100.00 change fee and 157 adc(additonal fare). Pax ok with it and both agree Kobe is a baby. Thats how we build repoire. Many want to know if anything special to do while in phx, or las. (They ask where we are.) Sometimes feel like the chamber of commerce but recommend hotels,golf courses plays and shopping. We spend the same amount with our customers but its not repeating the same thing because of the language barrier. Hopefully, thats how we will keep our east coast customers. Again, wont be pretty for a long time.

hp,
If SW wanted to put U or AWA out of business; they'd be out of business. SW drove US out of BWI as as coincidence because U wanted to compete and match the fares and couldn't with their business model.. lost loads of money. I don't believe SW forced U out, its U couldn't compete.

PitBull:

Ahhh, the law of unintended consequences. Call it what you may, but Southwest still cannot fight too many battles, especially all at once. There has been plenty of chat that they are very near max capacity without needing to spend a lot of money on capital expenses in the form of necessary infrastructure. Sure, they could do that but at a cost that they may not feel it is prudent to pay. After all, their legendary fuel hedges aren't going to be as grand in the near future and their costs are creeping up.

Art, US Chairmans agents have been trained on quik/shares and can toggle back and forth between the two systems. Since they now have access to 037tkts and 401tkts dont worry about booking online. I was told preferred will be routed to Winston/Salem so you shouldnt have any issues.

Then why did I the Gold line have to "attempt" (I say that as they transfer led to a busy signal and two subsequent calls led to the same until I tried a different option) to transfer me to someone in West to get seats on an Air Whisky RJ from a rez I made on the new usairways.bomb?

I called East who in turn had me call West who in turn had to call East to get this done. WTF?

Many want to know if anything special to do while in phx, or las. (They ask where we are.) Sometimes feel like the chamber of commerce but recommend hotels,golf courses plays and shopping. We spend the same amount with our customers but its not repeating the same thing because of the language barrier. Hopefully, thats how we will keep our east coast customers. Again, wont be pretty for a long time.

Many of us in FFOCUS ask where you are so we know we are (hopefully) getting someone who has a clue! :)

Then why did I the Gold line have to "attempt" (I say that as they transfer led to a busy signal and two subsequent calls led to the same until I tried a different option) to transfer me to someone in West to get seats on an Air Whisky RJ from a rez I made on the new usairways.bomb?

I called East who in turn had me call West who in turn had to call East to get this done. WTF?
Many of us in FFOCUS ask where you are so we know we are (hopefully) getting someone who has a clue! :)
I dont know why you couldnt get through but ALL former FF and DM members should be getting to Winston. If an east agent cannot assign you a seat they should not have a job. Only east has access to seat maps on east coast routes. They also have seat maps for west but west only has west.
Because they are diminishing sabre only a few agents have access to the system on the west side.. Our net and our trvl agency desk. Theres no reason to spend the money for something they are getting rid of. East on the other hand is transitioning to shares/quik and they are supposedly trained and have the system to use. I am in Phx and chose a long time ago to not leave gen sales. The hours at the FF desk were restricted, had many more senior agents, not to mention less agents with which to swap shifts. The adittonal pittance of pay was so little it was laughable. My ability to choose my shift FAR outweighed the 15.00/week pay increase. Wish I could give all of you my personal service but as you know we dont have extensions. I'd probably spend too much time laughing anyway, and would be terminated for unprofessionalism!

I dont know why you couldnt get through but ALL former FF and DM members should be getting to Winston. If an east agent cannot assign you a seat they should not have a job. Only east has access to seat maps on east coast routes.

The reason I had to do this, I was told, was because I had booked this via the "new and improved"(BS) website and all tickets booked there are "west" tickets automatically. Therefore, east couldn't make the switch. Someone in west HAD to do it.

The reason I had to do this, I was told, was because I had booked this via the "new and improved"(BS) website and all tickets booked there are "west" tickets automatically. Therefore, east couldn't make the switch. Someone in west HAD to do it.
This makes me crazy!! The next time you call you call and an east agent can't get you a seat on an east flight, get their name, badge number and req a sup, right then!! Do not hang up until they get one and you get your seat. There are enough freaking calls on hold without sheer stupidity. Customer service seems to be in the gutter on both sides and its making me nuts. Its a freaking seat assignment! Even before the new website if the tkt was booked east flight on 401 tkt, they still asignment the d*** seat! And yes, I am fairly competent but if I dont have the answer, I will get the right answer. I DESPISE not knowing or misadvising a customer. If I am not comfortable with an answer, its either show me where the info is or I'll call someone else. Its called customer service!!! Also, for me pride in doing my job!

This makes me crazy!! Do not hang up until they get one and you get your seat. There are enough freaking calls on hold without sheer stupidity. Customer service seems to be in the gutter on both sides and its making me nuts. Its a freaking seat assignment! Even before the new website if the tkt was booked east flight on 401 tkt, they still asignment the d*** seat! And yes, I am fairly competent but if I dont have the answer, I will get the right answer. I DESPISE not knowing or misadvising a customer. If I am not comfortable with an answer, its either show me where the info is or I'll call someone else. Its called customer service!!! Also, for me pride in doing my job!
DON'T FORGET ABOUT YOUR TALK TIME(stats)

Success has a thousand fathers. Failure is a bastard. I just wonder if anybody in management will have the cojones to accept accountability for the website failure? As a customer, what I'd really like to see right now is somebody - anybody - in management just step up to the plate, admit that they mucked this one up big-time, apologize, fix the problem, and move on. I think it's a mark of a true leader when you can accept accountability when things go wrong just as readily as you take credit when things go right.