Who should be fired...

Thanks for clarifying Prince. It's interesting that this post I made as a customer has turned into an inter-company b!tch session. I'm amazed at how many people don't understand the concept of leadership and final accountability. 99% of problems are LEADERSHIP problems. Think about it everyone...
IT, everything on this board tends to end up being a b****session. Sometimes its the only way to vent how you feel without jeopardizing your job but telling your boss to go jump. We are also going thru a major merger and loyalties and opinions are fierce. Theres alot of unknown and work to yet be done. With the rez systems not combined, there are major problems and we(rez) understand your frustration more than you know. Best I can tell you is to look at your tkt and check tkt number. If it starts with a 401 and you need to call make sure you ask for an HP agent. Anything booked on 037 tkt is us east. ANYTHING booked on web is 401 an hp agent can help(upgrade another issue if east flights-make agent get a sup on east side to get you the upgrade if they cant-do not let them xfer to Manilla!)Yes, in my opinion the website is a debacle and has created a customer service nightmare. I will again ask for your patience until the systems have merged. I know its alot to ask but we do appreciate your business. Yes, I will hold Doug accountable for the web as his job is to delegate to the inner circle he has chosen to pull this off. He needs to call them on the carpet for it and heads should roll. Will they? Doubtful. The usual excuses will continue. IMHO, they didnt put enough time or money into making the new web what it could have been and now they will be backtracking to fix major mistakes. How many customers will leave? Only time will tell. Regards, Mama

Thanks PHX.

Well today is the 9th and I still can't login. Any suggestions anyone? Calling doesn't help...

I recommend calling Doug Parker or Kirby. Anyone in between will just tell you to be patient and go about their day.

When passengers would write to me about their disappointing experience (don't ask me how the heck they got my e-mail address, probably from a website) I would forward it with a message to all of senior management cc the passenger as well. Well, Siegel, Jerry, or Lakefield or Chiames or Crellin would respond and handle the issue pronto.

That was service and the pax appreciated. At least we got to hold on to a few.

Thanks PHX.

Well today is the 9th and I still can't login. Any suggestions anyone? Calling doesn't help...
I am going to pop into work for town hall mtg and will see if anyone has any suggestions. No promises but I will ask to see if anyone has any ideas for you. Dont work on the web-now THAT would be a mess(LOL)-but have friends that do. I will see if they can get me some answers or an eta of when you can. So, so sorry to put you through this. I will pm you with info.

Well, sorry folks, I tried to take a screen shot, but it was too big to post. Anyhoo, here's a perfectly good PHL-KOA trip I booked a mere 45 minutes following the previous post...

Purchase
Enter Details Low Fare Finder Build Itinerary Purchase Confirmation

To complete this reservation, select seats, enter credit card information, and click 'Purchase'. All amounts shown are in USD unless otherwise noted.

Depart Arrive Flight # and Details
7:10 AM 19 Jul 2006
Philadelphia, PA 9:15 AM 19 Jul 2006
Phoenix, AZ Flight: 195
Class: Coach Airbus A319
On-Time: 90-100% Meal: Buy on Board
Travel Time: 5 h 5 m
10:25 AM 19 Jul 2006
Phoenix, AZ 2:12 PM 19 Jul 2006
Kona, HI Flight: 945
Class: Coach Boeing 757-200
On-Time: 70-80% Meal: Buy on Board
Travel Time: 6 h 47 m
Return Arrive Flight # and Details
10:59 PM 26 Jul 2006
Kona, HI 7:48 AM 27 Jul 2006
Phoenix, AZ Flight: 944
Class: Coach Boeing 757-200
On-Time: 90-100% Meal: Buy on Board
Travel Time: 5 h 49 m
9:55 AM 27 Jul 2006
Phoenix, AZ 5:30 PM 27 Jul 2006
Philadelphia, PA Flight: 1232
Class: Coach Airbus A321
On-Time: N/A Meal: Buy on Board
Travel Time: 4 h 35 m
Flight arrives next day
Flight operated by America West Airlines

Summary (1 Passenger)
Base Fare $736.00

Taxes and Fees $54.30

Grand Total Hide Details $790.30

Passenger Type Adult
Base Fare
PHL to KOA - Fare Basis RWR21MN $354.33
KOA to PHL - Fare Basis RWR21MN $354.33
Adjusted Base Fare $708.66
Tax: US Domestic Percentage $27.34
Fare $736.00
Tax: US Alaska/Hawaii $14.60
Tax: US Domestic Segment $13.20
Fee: US Passenger Facility Charge $16.50
September 11 Security Fee $10.00
Total Per Passenger $790.30
Number of Passengers 1
Total by Passenger Type $790.30

Estimated Frequent Flyer miles earned for this itinerary, per member View Details 10368

Another classic example of what is wrong with American Business. The workers on the front line see it, the customers see if, the only ones who don't are those at the top. It's like the joke about a workplace being like a treeful of monkeys. Those at the top see nothing but smiling faces. Those at the bottom have an entirely different view!

Well now, we can certainly agree on that! :D

I think more so then the abject failure of the IT Department on this integration, the failure of HP Management to respond to elite flyers, the thing I resent most of all is their continued unbridled arrogance towards their customers. Even in that face of growing anectdotal evidence and the inquiries by the media, US Senior Management continues to Deny Deny Deny in the best Beltway tradition.

hyperbole
One entry found for hyperbole.

Main Entry: hy·per·bo·le
Pronunciation: hI-'p&r-b&-(")lE
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin, from Greek hyperbolE excess, hyperbole, hyperbola, from hyperballein to exceed, from hyper- + ballein to throw -- more at DEVIL
: extravagant exaggeration (as "mile-high ice-cream cones")

Piney:

I suggest that the "unbridled arrogance" remark is hyperbole. The best I believe you can infer is indifference, not arrogance.

Let me ask a question. Is there any large corporation, let alone an airline, that would have the kind of dialouge
with it's customers and always give you the answers you seek? While I am certain that smaller boutique firms exist that would have that kind of interaction, what large company does what you want US to do?

PB,
very well said.... :up: Unfortunately, it seems things were running better when we were the "old" USAirways losing money and all! I hope this is just a "transitional" phase and they (Tempe) can get hold of this ugly monster before its too late! Bring back the old website! :up:

PB,
very well said.... :up: Unfortunately, it seems things were running better when we were the "old" USAirways losing money and all! I hope this is just a "transitional" phase and they (Tempe) can get hold of this ugly monster before its too late! Bring back the old website! :up:

Yeah, just the little matter about losing money....

Yeah, just the little matter about losing money....

true there was that little problem :D But overall, we really weren't a bad Airline, we just had "bad management" with no insight to running an airline....their only insight was how to fatten their own pockets and run!

true there was that little problem :D But overall, we really weren't a bad Airline, we just had "bad management" with no insight to running an airline....their only insight was how to fatten their own pockets and run!
I agree with HP fa. Losing money wont keep your job very long! If you had bad managment and were losing money wouldnt you prefer to have bad management that is making money? I really think we are in major transition and yes, things are lousy but they will get better. When? I dont know and expect the next year to be pretty ugly. Again, I will ask all dedicated customers and employees to hang in there together. If anyone decides to trvl oal or leave the company, trust me I understand, but I really believe there might be light at the end of the tunnel. It could be another trainlight and a wreck waiting to happen but I think we are on the right track. Many days I dont feel that way but stepping back and looking at all those who perform their jobs with such professionalism and dedication I see nothing but success. Eventually.

Agreed, however the first rule is to make money, not lose it. U had always solved their problems by merging and trying to gain economy by scale and by trying to cherry pick assets of others such as Piedmont and PSA. It never really worked as intended and no one seemed to address the root cause of the profitability issues, having lower costs then expenses.

I still contend that the major airlines should charge the fares they need to charge to be profitable and let Southwest, AirTran, etc. run wild with their pricing models. They have only so many aircraft and significant growth for them will come at a steep price. If the airlines would do that, then the major airlines could cater to the middle and high end, generate a profit and perhaps then have their fights over the issues of service, convenience, etc.

Latest posts