Dear Sherri

HP_JACK

Senior
Aug 28, 2005
My roomate brought home the following message he found in his crew meal on christmas day:

To our Fellow Crewmembers:

We sincerely appreiciate that you are making sure that our customers are traveling to their
destinations in comfort and arriving safely to be with their family and loved ones during this holiday season.

As you share this Holiday with members of your US Airways' family, we hope that you enjoy your crew meal and know that your dedication is truly recognized.

Ed Bular
Sr. VP Flight Ops

Sherri Shamblin
VP Inflight Services

He got a crew meal?!!? I got a Marks & Spencer sandwich in LGW that I paid for. Why do Sheri and Ed hate me?

I had xmas lunch in the crew room in phoenix but if I received a thankyou from Sherri I would write a thankyou letter like the following:

Dear Sherri:

Happy Holidays to you. Thankyou so much for my crew meal as a fellow crew member I appreciate your kind words. As you were probably at home drinking a nice bottle of wine and spending quality time with your horses, probably taking a sunset ride (you deserve it!) We just wanted to say Thanks for all that you do:

1. Working to ensure that there is enough BOB food on every flight.

2. Sampling new first class food. (our first class pax have the best BBQ sandwiches around)

3. Pulling off a uniform changeover without a hitch.

4. Working in hand in hand with screw scheduling to ensure staffing numbers on the east are spot on.

5. We appriciate the flexibilty of 650 reserves in phx for JAN. and the reserves appreciate you.

6. Thanks for not making us hand out Cold Stone coupon cards this year.

7. We appreciate you letting other workgroups participate in inflight. Thanks for letting marketing clarify the fact we're not safety professionals, we are salespeople..... Sky Mall anyone?

We know you work so hard every day and are so busy. Again, we would just like to say THANKS. Some people may think you are busy doing nothing, We know you work hard Sherri and we appreciate you.

Have a great Holidays and Happy Trails!

Jack
xoxo

Trust me I had one of those crew meals boarded on the aircraft..it was nothing to talk home about...a spoonful of cranberry sauce in a metal ramikin, 2 small pieces of turkey the size of a 50cent piece, and warm red potato salad. The dessert was a bag of lemon cookies we have in the snack box. You didnt miss anything!

I also had the privilege of having a meal in LAS that the company provided...it was disgusting, they hired a caterer who does wedding catering, I would be embarassed to serve one of their meals to a wedding event!

YES... I heard about the potato salad that was thrown in to look like mash potatoes. Who wants warm potato salad?

Folks it was an attempt at a nice gesture.

Things aren't perfect, never will be. However you have to start to build a team spomewhere. Lord knows I'm not exactly a fan of US Airways Managenment, but you can't crucify them all day every day.

Yeah...put a bandaid on my gashed carotid artery. That's a gesture, too.

How about they stop the gesturing and start changing. Nothing anywhere says they have to begin with these meaningless, trivial, and insulting (in light of the context) gestures.

Thanks for saying that Piney Bob, I think it's true too. FA's don't get crew meals so it was a nice gesture :rolleyes: My friend owns a catering business and anytime you try and make food for numbers higher than 100, the quality of food just goes down, as with all holiday gift giving, IT'S THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS :up: Don't be so ungrateful. If they had done nothing we would have bit#@% and moaned. I remember reading a post earlier from CLT complaining that they didn't get anything in their station during Thanksgiving, so it's thankless around here sometimes :(

Folks it was an attempt at a nice gesture.

Things aren't perfect, never will be. However you have to start to build a team spomewhere. Lord knows I'm not exactly a fan of US Airways Managenment, but you can't crucify them all day every day.

Oh blah blah blah blah blah. It was a lame attempt as is everything else they do. Have you seen crew meals on other airlines? They throw a crumb of stale bread at the slaves and everyone is supposed to rejoice. Oh, BS. Just recognize it for what it is. You are starting to sound like these people that see one thing that isn't totally negative happen as a glimmer of hope that things are improving. Well, until they make some major changes, not baby steps, but major changes, I would advise against holding your breath as you'll end up dead.

And, yes, you can crucify them all day every day because they SUCK.

Thanks for saying that Piney Bob, I think it's true too. FA's don't get crew meals so it was a nice gesture :rolleyes: My friend owns a catering business and anytime you try and make food for numbers higher than 100, the quality of food just goes down, as with all holiday gift giving, IT'S THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS :up: Don't be so ungrateful. If they had done nothing we would have bit#@% and moaned. I remember reading a post earlier from CLT complaining that they didn't get anything in their station during Thanksgiving, so it's thankless around here sometimes :(
I can't speak for other stations but this is one thing that PHL does first class...pleanty of good Boston Market food all day!!! not a small time frame like some stations, management that serves food for you, not help yourself...packing to go if your on the run...on T-day we missed the window but they took the time to make sure we had a nice crew meal on the A/C and it was good! took it to my overnight and warmed it up...I will be the first to bash the cheap step over a dollar to pick up the penny tempe style but the PHL station management really does a great job for all on T-day and X-mas thanks PHL for all you do things in this HUB have gotton better over :up: the past few years

Oh blah blah blah blah blah. It was a lame attempt as is everything else they do. Have you seen crew meals on other airlines? They throw a crumb of stale bread at the slaves and everyone is supposed to rejoice. Oh, BS. Just recognize it for what it is. You are starting to sound like these people that see one thing that isn't totally negative happen as a glimmer of hope that things are improving. Well, until they make some major changes, not baby steps, but major changes, I would advise against holding your breath as you'll end up dead.

And, yes, you can crucify them all day every day because they SUCK.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Same ole mantra US1Yfart. I'm sure your glass has been half empty your entire life.

Your daily crucifixion is so lame and old!

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Same ole mantra US1Yfart. I'm sure your glass has been half empty your entire life.

Your daily crucifixion is so lame and old!

HERE!!HERE!! Same Ol'e...Same Ol'e!! AND He Does NOT Even Fly US Anymore!! What The?!! PHL Food WAS EXCELLENT!! Looking Forward to Next Year!! :up: