Dear Sherri

US1YFARE - your spot on - it was a waste of company money to provide crew meals - it was a stupid gesture - tempe can't do anything right so they should stop trying. It will dry this board up so fast.

I'm sure no one at CO, DL, NW, UA ever tasted their first class meals before they used them on their aircraft. I don't know what Tempe was doing by tasting the meals before using them on board - those folks are just crazy.

I'm sure no one at CO, DL, NW, UA ever tasted their first class meals before they used them on their aircraft. I don't know what Tempe was doing by tasting the meals before using them on board - those folks are just crazy.

What a great use of Ms. Shambles time to go around tasting food. :rolleyes: Is that what a VP does when all of in-flight is a disgrace and a big ole mess? As for the food US serves in FC and Envoy--you can't even compare it to CO, AA, or UA. They have no clue. Perhaps she should fly on your competitors to see what they are offering and she will see how lousy US really is.

I know people don't understand they are not trying to compete with the mainline - they are trying to be LCC. They will be making decisions in that context and if you don't like the product, don't fly it and don't work to deliver it. Find a new place to put your energy.

I think that's what Jack an US are trying to say. All we read about her is that she has a Focus group and and is out tasting food. She's the VP of inflight for cryin' out loud. She doesn't have a clue. Maybe with her Mule gone she won't be to far behind.

I know people don't understand they are not trying to compete with the mainline - they are trying to be LCC. They will be making decisions in that context and if you don't like the product, don't fly it and don't work to deliver it. Find a new place to put your energy.
you're right- we are an LCC- however the ticket prices don't reflect that. within the past year i bought 4 domestic tickets for a family member- all on delta because they beat our price every time. domestically speaking, our ticket prices aren't cheap but our product is beyond cheap.

You need to educate yourself before you come on here spewing this bologna. It's pure junk what your saying. The ONLY thing here that is "LCC" is the service a passenger receives or the amount of my paycheck. What F'n planet are you on anyway? Let me guess.....Arizona? :rolleyes:

We clearly have a management and marketing department that just don't get it. Management thinks that if they throw us a holiday crew meal that is makes up for the sh!t we have to deal with the other 364 days a year. If they really cared they'd start really addressing the basic issues we've been complaining about now for two years. Marketing thinks that if they "gloss" things up enough with some snazzy tray table adds, give us more sales announcements to make, a skymall promo here and there, that the pax won't see the ghetto interiors, lack of decent food, dismal OTP, and lost bags up the wazoo. Pax are like elephants they never forget UNTIL we have the cheapest fare, and as stated above we don't even have those. Hence, those issues coupled with many others explains the exodus of many elite flyers.

Perhaps if the einsteins running this circus would focus more on fundamental things like morale, service standards, staffiing issues, FF issues etc, then we maybe, just maybe could have a half decent airline here. I just read an article in the west AFA newsletter about all these different issues and the basic premise of the article was this: You can put lipstick on a pig, but at the end of the day it is still a pig. Folks what we have here is a bonafide pig. Oink, oink.

Of course, almost everyone one here knows this so it's not really anything new. SSDD

During WWII, the US pumped out thousands of ships, aircraft, jeeps, and tanks in a VERY short time. Shambles and company can't make a simple decision like what procedure to use for serving the cabin in 2 years as ONE airline. Had Shamless, Dougweiser, and Scotch been in charge of the US during WWII, we would be telling our passengers danke on the east coast and and eating at McSushi's on the west coast. What a disgrace!

During WWII, the US pumped out thousands of ships, aircraft, jeeps, and tanks in a VERY short time. Shambles and company can't make a simple decision like what procedure to use for serving the cabin in 2 years as ONE airline. Had Shamless, Dougweiser, and Scotch been in charge of the US during WWII, we would be telling our passengers danke on the east coast and and eating at McSushi's on the west coast. What a disgrace!

What happened to MY EXODUS... goodbye my friends...

Will you be making a major announcement now that you're back after your 2 week dramatic sabbatical?

What happened to MY EXODUS... goodbye my friends...

Will you be making a major announcement now that you're back after your 2 week dramatic sabbatical?

Well, dear, no matter how negative everyone gets, I still care about our fellow employees. Standing back and seeing the downword spiral of so many wonderful people (attitude wise) is sad and disturbing to see. And I was at the top of the list. In some respects I have made my exodus as I have no desire to be as obsessive with US Aviation as I was. Getting away from the day to day complaint fest and taking a break has helped me to see that I can no longer invest much time worrying or caring about the company or getting caught in the drama of US Aviation. Anyway, I have other things taking up time in my life that are FAR more interesting and beneficial than US Airways. And that's a wonderful thing!! :rolleyes:

LCC#1 great to see you back on & for the most part I agree with you. I don't blame anyone on these boards. What I blame for what goes on on these boards is Tempe & their lack of caring for the employees which has got us to this place to start with. If Tempe would only WAKE UP & learn that employees are their #1 asset and treat as such imo this thing would turn around.