Fleet Service topic IAM 141

Status
Not open for further replies.
60 day rule gone, can't believe it was there to begin with.

Uhh... Say WHAT?!?!?! It's not gone, just gone for everyone not out on furlough already.

As far as the possible outsourcing of cities goes, I have a couple things to say. The protection looks okay to me. Here's what I was told. First of all the 4 cities that have no protection are express cities only. These are not operated by us so I was told we don't "own" that work. We can't tell Mesa who will work their flights. I understand it better now. Nobody has said these people are out of a job. Maybe they will be okay. I sure hope so. As far as our field stations go, they are safe for now, until the end of 2011, 3 years.

The protection is fine and reasonable, if you're not on the list. Any city served only be Mesa that is staffed with West employees deserve to stay there. US can't tell Mesa who can work their flights? They don't. They CONTRACT US FOR RAMP! Mesa can't afford a paperclip right now, let alone the costs of all those employees. Protect every job you can. Also, when a Company asks to be able to save money by doing something after a certain date, they don't ask for it just because, the have PLANS! Every person in a station on that list will be furloughed. And don't make plans on a merger. I've lost count of how many mergers that were ging to happen in the past 10 years that never did.

Show me!! Show me in which part of the contract your words are true. I would like to see that or is that just the kool-aid you are drinking. Leave out a merger I have heard merger time and time again that never come to pass. Oh Dougie wants merger but congress doesn't. Please don't forget that the feds have the last say in what happens. Grow up.

Oh Rock, you are a funny guy! I'll try to stop laughing long enough to answer you. You crazy guy, lol! Which part of which contract? lol I know you're joking around, you crack me up, but on the slight chance you're not just being silly, here you go. It's very simple really. In the east IAM contract our lovely field stations would need 56 flights to be safe. If we went into that, why, we would lose 1,200 people. Look at the east history, you nut. I mean it in only the most endearing way of course. If we make the wise choice, and go with the TA, silly boy, we only have 4 stations at risk. In these stations we have aprox 50 of the nicest people you could meet. As much as I'd hate to see these fine folks get displaced, I think they could find a spot fairly close to home to work, and still stay with the company if they choose. 50 is a lot better than uprooting 1,200 people. Now even a big strong man like you Rock, has to agree.

Now you big kidder, leave out the merger? LOL How do you think we got stuck with you fella's? We were ever so happy to save you boys from the streets. You all are so welcome. We'd save you boys again in a heartbeat. We love you big lugs! We just want to save our own now. Surely you can understand that Rockie. Hugs and kisses!

oh boy another "we saved you guy"LOLOLO sorry urbff you just lost all credibility

How do you think we got stuck with you fella's? We were ever so happy to save you boys from the streets. You all are so welcome. We'd save you boys again in a heartbeat. We love you big lugs! We just want to save our own now. Surely you can understand that Rockie. Hugs and kisses!

New poster with the same old story. Nice try IAM

From the IAM 141 US Airways page:

Your District 141 Negotiating Committee has used all of the IAM’s resources to reach this Tentative Agreement in a very hostile environment... Are we satisfied with this agreement? Hell no! We always strive to get the most we can, and then try for more.

They pulled out all the stops they say. It's a hostile envorment they say. They're not satisfied with the agreement they say. They try to get the most they can they say. Then they try for more they say. OK, I'll accept all of that, and I'll overlook the "we try for all we can, then try for more" which is a grammatical nightmare, and can be read a few ways.

But we have an opportunity to provide immediate gains to all Fleet Workers nearly two years before our normal amendable date, and that cannot be ignored.

At what cost? The cost of the West. I mean zero disrespect to the East guys, but that's the bottom line. The IAM used the West to gain for the whole. They didn't even ask the West if they wanted that.

This agreement puts IAM members in position to enter the next round of bargaining stronger in both economic issues and job security. In that round of traditional bargaining we will have the leverage of our right to strike to achieve our goals, a right we don’t have today. As a reminder, this Tentative Agreement was only possible because of an opportunity afforded by the US Airways-America West merger. The current US Airways East agreement is not amendable under traditional Railway Labor Act bargaining until the end of 2009. Therefore, we have no right to strike until the negotiating process that won’t even begin until late 2009 has run its course.

Huh, the possibility of a strike sounds like a VERY powerful option. I mean, we don't have that option, do we? We're not in Section 6. Oh wait, West is. And it can be used to get gains on the West contract that can then be taken to 2009 and used for an agreement to cover all. It's called teamwork, something US Airways actually preaches.

US Airways has clearly stated to your Committee that if this agreement is not ratified they will not enter into any further bargaining for contract improvements until they are required to do so when the East agreement becomes amendable. They will only consider a straight transition of West employees into the existing East agreement, with no improvements for East employees. This is important to understand when deciding how to vote. Your Committee had to confront the same reality at the bargaining table.

Since when does the Company get to change the law? If we had a competant NC with some backbone they'd realise this for the setup that it is. The Company is taking the NC exactly where it wants to be, and the NC is following along. The Company can't refuse Section 6 for the West. Actually they can. It's called an IMPASS and that permits a STRIKE!

Flight Attendants and Pilots are still struggling to reach agreements and realize the improvements in the Tentative Agreement being presented to you.
Care to provide names/sources? This is the first I've heard of this.

Your Committee believes this is an agreement worthy of your consideration. As always, the membership will make the final decision. You have an opportunity that tens of thousands of airline workers who have endured bankruptcy wish they had - an opportunity to regain some of what was lost. I am confident that whatever choice the membership makes will be in their best interests.

So the NC isn't satisfied with the TA, but it's worthy of our consideration? WTF? Serious senseless doubletalk. And of COURSE the membership will make a choice that's in their best interests. What's a shame is that you have more confidence in pointing out the obvious then you have in the sucess of your TA.

Once again I say to all here dont get caught up in a vindetta against Canale that the Tim Nelsons of the world would have you do. This vote is not about him its about us and our future.
If you really read whats in this agreement and listen to your local chariman the scope protection is better than was offered before. For most cities to be outsourced it would mean your station would have 5 or less flights per day. That is for the 19 cities. For the rest of us it would mean 2 or less per day. I say again educate yourself and dont get caught up in someones eleses rant just becasue they dont like who leads our union.
This is about survival in a down economy. As for the 19 cities you should be thankful that you have time to decide what you may need to do, and find a place to transfer to that you can be happy with. Some companies just come in one day and close the doors no warning or anything.
For anyone in the class 1 cities for you guys to say we want to protect you guys and we care about you in the west and class 2 well, I just dont see it when you are willing to keep us at these crap wages for the next 2 or 3 years. I just say thats selfish. Sure its easy for you, you make 17.35 per hour already. Do us a favor get on board out here, take a walk in our shoes and see how it is to live in this economy with our wages.
The ony fair vote is a yes vote for all of us and our fellow brother and sisters.

sorry henderfuzz I'm not topped out and no way am I voting for a 1.7 % increase and no I dont believe we'll be waiting 2 or 3 yrs for a better offer the company just wants you to believe that.
it's no different than buying a car ,the salesman tells you this is our final offer ,you walk and lo and behold a few days later who's calling ?the salesman

A note: Canale just signed a letter of agreement [see IAM website] boosting UA's pay another 1% this May 1st.
Odd how Canale puts out his letter how we can't get squat because oil is at 52% more, BUT he can get United to increase the salaries [even when it doesn't have to] of the UA rampers with an additional 1% raise just negotiated. United rampers will now go to a top out of $20.61 instead of $20.43.

Remember, Continental also is operating in this industry where oil surged 52% since September and just announced a 2% pay increase to $20.45.

Don't be misled with Canale's deceit. Hemenway is expecing his big fat 200% bonus for next year [see 8k filing], the mechanics got much more back including no layoff guarantee, other airlines are moving forward with pay raises. Yet this new TA guarantees fleet service workers to be $1.50 below even non-union Continental.

Of course, vacation weeks are about 6 weeks at many carriers. Continental only has 5 weeks but that's one more than this lame contract.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

I Checked out the web-site and that wasn't an increase for the ramp and flight attendants they told the company to keep their success share checks and exchanged it for it's value which equaled 1% bringing the topped out ramp to 20.31 and a new hire to 10.31.

Once again I say to all here dont get caught up in a vindetta against Canale that the Tim Nelsons of the world would have you do. This vote is not about him its about us and our future.
If you really read whats in this agreement and listen to your local chariman the scope protection is better than was offered before. For most cities to be outsourced it would mean your station would have 5 or less flights per day. That is for the 19 cities. For the rest of us it would mean 2 or less per day. I say again educate yourself and dont get caught up in someones eleses rant just becasue they dont like who leads our union.
This is about survival in a down economy. As for the 19 cities you should be thankful that you have time to decide what you may need to do, and find a place to transfer to that you can be happy with. Some companies just come in one day and close the doors no warning or anything.
For anyone in the class 1 cities for you guys to say we want to protect you guys and we care about you in the west and class 2 well, I just dont see it when you are willing to keep us at these crap wages for the next 2 or 3 years. I just say thats selfish. Sure its easy for you, you make 17.35 per hour already. Do us a favor get on board out here, take a walk in our shoes and see how it is to live in this economy with our wages.
The ony fair vote is a yes vote for all of us and our fellow brother and sisters.

AGC's make 47 bucks an hour and there trying to sell this below non union wages to us? They can't even get us 20.43 an hour? comon get real We are worth more than what the company is offering. Parker will be laughing his A$$ off at the folks who go for such an awful deal.

Whats the deal for Parker a 200 percent pay increase? Where do you think a big part of the cash will be coming from?

Better to die on my feet than on my knees beggin for scrapes I'm keeping my respect and dignity.

Roa,
"My suggestion to the IAM would be to compensate your Officers with a more realistic compensation package. One that does not so outlandishly exceed the members they represent.

Perhaps… a compensation package for IAM Officers that more closely emulates the dire state of today’s Airline Industry turmoil! After all… your wages and benefits come directly from the wages and benefits of Fleet Service!"

Funny thing about that . DID you know that everytime fleet gets a monetary raise. say like 8% which I believe is what our little t/a
is offering . the AGC's also get an 8% raise on that 120,000.00 job . so lets figure JR and PF are looking at about a 9,000.00 raise
to go around and sell the POS rag. so think about THERE true AGENDA . It's a easy 9,000.00 raise for selling it. thats another
reason Randy likes to front load the money thing VS benefits . His little puppets don't get anything in the kids college fund for
scope and language protection or OT improvements or VAC OR SICK TIME.

Next, what type of union negotiates a contract that will lose jobs? I guess it’s the IAM!

freedom sez,
I don’t know , perhaps it has something to do with the weakening economy ? Perhaps it might be lingering after affects from 911 ? Hmm I forget , but haven’t a lot of the OTHER unions ALSO lost jobs ? Maybe I’ve been sleeping and this is the new golden era of the aviation industry and unions in general , OR MAYBE , unions and companies are struggling just to survive , aloha , ATA , skybus , and welcome to the party frontier !

got news for ya freedom the union was throwing those stations away long before the economy took a S*it and as for the carriers
that went belly up look and see what kind of money they made in the last 2 very profitable years for the industry . it was just a matter
of time . the high cost of fuel just accelerated it for them

What does voting No gain anyone?

If you answer...b/c Canale is a jerk..and Dougie is a jerk and whoever is a jerk....please don't! Don't give me a NO vote as a protest vote....I want to know what a NO vote gains Fleet Service?

If you think they will come back to the table....you're crazy. This is what we got in September and this is what we are getting now.

So what does a NO vote gain Fleet Service???????

O-man
I did some calculations and this is what I came up with. I'm not a math professor but I'm pretty sure these are correct. These are the pay raises for the east Class I cities. I left off the starting pay because I think it may be different in various cities.

Year......Current Pay.........Proposed Pay Under T/A...........Dollar Am't Increase...........% Increase
12............$17.52..........................$19.00...................................$1.48............................8.5%
11............$17.52..........................$18.38...................................$0.86............................4.9%
10............$17.52..........................$17.95...................................$0.43............................2.5%
9..............$17.20..........................$17.41...................................$0.21............................1.2%
8..............$16.02..........................$16.22...................................$0.22............................1.4%
7..............$15.11..........................$15.31...................................$0.20............................1.3%
6..............$14.28..........................$14.49...................................$0.21............................1.5%
5..............$14.03..........................$14.23...................................$0.20............................1.4%
4..............$12.01..........................$12.21...................................$0.20............................1.7%
3..............$11.51..........................$11.72...................................$0.21............................1.8%
2..............$10.86..........................$11.06...................................$0.20............................1.8%
1..............$10.06..........................$10.26...................................$0.20............................2.0%

If any of these are wrong I'm sure someone will let me know. Could someone explain why they couldn't offer the same percentage raise across the whole scale. It looks to me like nothing more than a wage bait for the topped out employees. I would like to know what formula was used to figure these out.

sorry henderfuzz I'm not topped out and no way am I voting for a 1.7 % increase and no I dont believe we'll be waiting 2 or 3 yrs for a better offer the company just wants you to believe that.
it's no different than buying a car ,the salesman tells you this is our final offer ,you walk and lo and behold a few days later who's calling ?the salesman

Ok so what kind of deal do you really think that we will get that is so damn much better.
They have gone to the table 3 times and I have yet to see much change for the better.
Your in a dream world with what we face as an airline today if you are hopping for a better deal now. Get over it its now or wait and for those of us in the west and class 2 the time for waiting is over.

I Checked out the web-site and that wasn't an increase for the ramp and flight attendants they told the company to keep their success share checks and exchanged it for it's value which equaled 1% bringing the topped out ramp to 20.31 and a new hire to 10.31.

Canale negotiated a deal the exchanged an incentive program that had paid out once since 2004 for a guarenteed 1% pay increase

Status
Not open for further replies.