Future of LCC fleet service

They just had an ad for help in CLT for a starting pay of $7.75. They just staff the smaller stations with them. They tried outsourcing the ramp a bunch of years ago in the hubs and large stations and it didn't work. Too many problems. They got what they paid for.

They just had an ad for help in CLT for a starting pay of $7.75. They just staff the smaller stations with them. They tried outsourcing the ramp a bunch of years ago in the hubs and large stations and it didn't work. Too many problems. They got what they paid for.

Wonder how many fleet service there are actual Delta employees. Will it be enough to tip the scales where we end up without a union? Never a big fan of TWU or IAM but it's always nice to be represented and not liable to be fired just because a manager doesn't like the look on your face.

Yep. Roughly 9000 employees. IIRC, only SLC, ATL, CVG, JFK, DFW, LAX and HNL are still staffed with DL rampers.
I think that you may have left a few off your list. I am not all that up to date on DL anymore, but I would expect that LGA, BOS, EWR, MCO still have DL rampers.

I think you're probably right....

What I do know is that when DL came to tell the ramp in PDX that they were going to be outsourced, their only transfer options were ATL, "New York City", and SLC. Not sure why CVG wasn't on the list....

Yep. Roughly 9000 employees. IIRC, only SLC, ATL, CVG, JFK, DFW, LAX and HNL are still staffed with DL rampers.

Delta no longer has ramp at DFW its ATS service company.
Ramp guys went the way of the hub when it left town.
I think we are all ahead of ourselves when it comes to this hostile takeover of DL its far from approved and so just sit back and watch it all unfold.

I think you're probably right....

What I do know is that when DL came to tell the ramp in PDX that they were going to be outsourced, their only transfer options were ATL, "New York City", and SLC. Not sure why CVG wasn't on the list....
Over the years, CVG has become more of an RJ hub than anything. I suspect they have cut a lot of Mainline jobs there, and still have dislocated people that would have first choice at coming back. The last time I was in CVG, it looked more like a Comair hub to me.... :eek:

Latest posts