hear me now.....TWU-IAM

Chuck Schalk

Veteran
Nov 17, 2006
We are suppose to vote on this TWU-IAM agreemenent on representing us.  This agreement must be voted against and force an election for one union to represent our class and craft,  Whether the membership wakes up and votes in AMFA or if that is not an option then we must force a vote between the TWU and IAM!
The Parker group will play the TWU and the IAM against each other to achieve what parker wants. case and point;  Tulsa versus the LIne......enough said
The divide and conquer will continue with us as the losers as always.  We must have one group representing our class and craft.  hear me now or it will be the old "i told you so"

"knowledge is power", use it to your advantage

Reactions: 8 people
for those those who are against the TWU-IAM alliance speak out to your fellow workers

for those are not in the know of the this alliance, then ask questions from your local leaders

Two unions representing us will not work for the members, no matter what they sell you!

(remember John Hewitt and his false promises) How is that working out for Tulsa after the fact?
where is John hewitt making videos telling Tulsa how great things are ?
Because he sold you a platform just like they have every contract.
Be aware of the same tactics with the platform of the TWU-IAM alliance.

The split unions will all get their dues and Doug Parker will play the TWU against the IAM and in the end the members will get the short end of the stick.  History will repeat itself unless we get involved.  

Knolwedger is power, use it to your advantage

Reactions: 5 people
Hopefully they will listen to you this time Chuck.  Lord knows if we had all listened to you before we would not be in the terrible shape we are in now.

Reactions: 2 people
This is how unions listen to their members. This is how two unions will come together as one. Flight attendants are not interested in any SCAM Alliance.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/flight-attendants-american-reach-agreement-201500084.html

"Within the next six months the unions will jointly file for a Single Carrier Determination from the National Mediation Board after which time APFA will be certified as the collective bargaining representative for the craft and class of Flight Attendants at the new American Airlines.
The agreement has been approved by unanimous votes of the AFA-US Airways Master Executive Council and the APFA Board of Directors. The agreement is still subject to reaching agreement with American management on the bargaining process and a secret-ballot vote of the pre-merger US Airways Flight Attendants."

Reactions: 1 person
I do recall reading somewhere that AAG would like to get the single carrier status done earlier than the normal 18-24 months.

The Company doesnt file Single Carrier Status, that is between the unions, you must mean the Operating Certificate.

MetalMover said:
I do recall reading somewhere that AAG would like to get the single carrier status done earlier than the normal 18-24 months.

FAA approval of the single operating certificate comes 17 months after Southwest and AirTran announced the purchase on Sept. 27, 2010, and 10 months after Southwest closed the transaction on May 2, 2011.
Though the approval of the certificate will mark a significant milestone for combining the two airlines, the change from AirTran to Southwest will likely take “several years,” Van de Ven said.
“I think we’ll spend most of 2012, 2013 and 2014 doing that,” he said.

This an article from Dallas News, it shows that it is going to take time to have the FAA approve the maintenance procedures and all the other things required to run the operation.
It will take several yrs here at AA/US as well, this alliance must get voted DOWN when the TWU/IAM start the bs of how it will benefit us.  Both of these unions have one thing in MIND, DUES. They want you and I to just keep the money flowing into the pockets of the union. The AFL-CIO got involved to help this so they can too receive $$$$.

CAL/UAL are flying under one aircraft color scheme but even with the same union have not worked it out. (IBT) [SIZE=.8em]Do you want to wait the same amount of time fighting over scraps in which this alliance will bring us?[/SIZE]

What has the TWU done for YOU since you have started here at AA? What have they said was a good deal which we all found out later was a big mistake? How much more of your career are You will to waste with the TWU?

The IAM mechanics at US having little trust caused a vote to replace the IAM, but finding out about the IBT and what would happen to their pensions made a smart move imo, We attempted to bring a vote but got hoodwinked and lied too by the TWU and the IBT. So our grass roots efforts failed again.

Isn't it time to bring to the NEW AA a NEW union, a NEW way of doing things?

We  will have NEW Paint,  A new MGMT Team, A new reservation system, new rules that effect each employee group, new flight schedule, new uniforms, new aircraft and soooo on.   Do you want to keep the same Old Union which has failed us here at AA?
Keeping the TWU and then bringing on board here the IAM will only fester the same old ways and keep the same attitude about your job and mine. Lets get all the mechanics from both AA and US and sign AMFA cards so that the Industrial unions will no longer effect the families and futures of the airline mechanics.

VOTE IN AMFA

We may be out of BK and have all this new stuff you mentioned but as long as we all stay employed at AA we will forever be working under the BK that AA scammed the government into believing they had no choice but to file. Who are the big winners here? I can tell you who the losers are. I agree sign an AMFA card and start fresh. How do you convince the thick stubborn idiots in Tulsa mostly who voted YES to sign a card?

1AA said:
We may be out of BK and have all this new stuff you mentioned but as long as we all stay employed at AA we will forever be working under the BK that AA scammed the government into believing they had no choice but to file. Who are the big winners here? I can tell you who the losers are. I agree sign an AMFA card and start fresh. How do you convince the thick stubborn idiots in Tulsa mostly who voted YES to sign a card?

1AA

Name calling about the Tulsa guys is not what needs to be done here, or any other place. Taking on the TWA guys and the Reno guys and now we will be joining forces with the USAirways guy's. We all must work together, discuss what has been lacking with the representation we have had at our carriers and move on as ONE group to form a UNION that will have elected officials we put in office, not by delegates, Not union leadership. Having Union Leadership put in place with the knowledge that if they fail US all we will remove them. We can't do that with either the TWU or the IAM. None of us cast ballots for the NEW powers to be here at AA, and I bet none of the guys on the floor did at USAirways either. 

1AA its time for you and all the others here just to talk to the Tulsa guys ask the right questions, show them that this is the wrong way and hope that they along with the rest of the mechanics over at US will join us to bring AMFA here to OUR CLASS AND CRAFT.

AMFA at The NEW AA in 2014

Reactions: 3 people
700UW said:
The Company doesnt file Single Carrier Status, that is between the unions, you must mean the Operating Certificate.

Single Carrier Status is between the company and the FAA as it relates to the airlines Operating Certificate

Single Transportation System determination is handle by the NMB at the request of the Union.

Bad Press/Media & Union propaganda are responsible for the blurring of the terms but they are two entirely different things

I have not confirmed the following info;

the rumor on the floor is that the TWU-IAM alliance if it is voted on will be;
 Vote for the "alliance" or  vote for "no union"

This would make sense to the vote being ridiculous.

The vote should be;

Vote for the "alliance"  or hold an" election between the IAM or TWU to represent our class and craft"

If you vote down the alliance they will not seek decertification, the election doesn't fall,under the jurisdiction of the NMB, the IAM especially will not willingly walk away from dues payers nor would the TWU. Has anyone here heard anything positive about this alliance/association?

Josh

Latest posts