hear me now.....TWU-IAM

The ramp at BOS, BUF, PHL and PIT were IBT, there was a vote after the Piedmont merger and no representation was selected.

The ramp unionized in 1995 and I think the CSA I think unionized in 99, not sure exactly.

And it has happened at DL, Leadership 7.5, closing hubs in DFW and MCO, and then chapter 11 bankruptcy.

Dont let the facts get in your way.

700UW said:
The ramp at BOS, BUF, PHL and PIT were IBT, there was a vote after the Piedmont merger and no representation was selected.

The ramp unionized in 1995 and I think the CSA I think unionized in 99, not sure exactly.

And it has happened at DL, Leadership 7.5, closing hubs in DFW and MCO, and then chapter 11 bankruptcy.

Dont let the facts get in your way.
700UW said:
No one is guaranteed a job in their city for the life of their career.

Its well know in the airline industry that you would have to move in order to maintain employment.
Josh

What did the IAM do for the USAIR workers at PIT impacted by the flight cuts there? What about the employees that got furloughed at MIA when UA closed the hub there in 2002 and later made it an all express station in 2009? MHT?

Josh

737823 said:
Why were they non-union?

Hasn't happened at DL

Josh
And KISS my cut and paste BUTT
http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-dc-circuit/1390452.html
[SIZE=13pt]For some time prior to the representation election, an institution known as the “employee roundtable” was a key feature of management's relationship with the several categories of non-represented passenger service employees.   The roundtables, while focusing on operational and other issues in their periodic meetings, also provided a forum for occasional discussion and alteration of U.S. Airways' employment policies.   The impact has been real.   Modifications to the carrier's rules governing vacation scheduling, supervisors' disciplinary authority, and overtime were only a few of the changes made from 1991-95.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13pt]In early 1996, a new management team announced the formation of a company-wide “System Roundtable,” an umbrella entity unifying the existing roundtables that would continue, in the words of one executive officer, to provide a forum for “issues affecting employees.”   The System Roundtable continued the tradition of its constituent bodies, implementing changes to the carrier's policies governing tardiness and trading of shifts among employees, and also delegated to several “task forces” the responsibility to study other policies.   The most notable of these task forces was assigned the job of proposing changes to the carrier's apparently widely despised policy governing paid days off for vacation and sick days.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13pt]Between the Board's authorization of the election in November 1996 and the ballot count on January 30, 1997, U.S. Airways' management highlighted the above described employment policy changes and the potential for future progress on the matters under study by the task forces.   In informational newsletters, telephone hotlines, and meetings, management communicated to the employees that the informal management-employee relationship embodied in the roundtables was inconsistent with union representation: [/SIZE] [SIZE=13pt]“Electing CWA would force the company to eliminate face-to-face policy making between management and employees at a time when we are beginning to make real progress.   Labor laws require employees to deal exclusively with the union on issues of employment policy.”[/SIZE]

No Way IAM crew with pins and bag tags DTW-MIA! Gave each of them Job Well Done certificates!

Josh

1AA, you are 100% correct about the scare tactics.  I have stated this when the alliance stuff first came out.  And as you can see 700 is continuing the scare tactics as we speak.  Also, like I have said before, the membership needs to educate themselves on what is about to take place, and know what will happen if you guys were to vote "no union".  700 has stated a long time ago that there will be an "other" option on the ballot.  Is it a "write-in" or "speak-in" option?  Don't know, can't get a straight answer from 700 on this issue, as he wants everyone to remain confused of the options and what they mean.  The NMB will not answer on a hypothetical situation at this time.  I will tell you guys this, the NMB will answer any questions you guys have once the alliance has filed for the election to take place, that's when you guys need to flood the NMB with your questions as it will no longer be hypothetical at that point. 

Someone out here has stated that there is a window to submit the AMFA cards for this alliance election coming, hope you guys are keeping up with all the cards and keeping them current as time goes on.  Be prepared for anything. keep the cards current just in case there is such window.  Also, if there is the option of the "write-in" or "speak-in" option then there should be a strong campaign going on to help educate the membership of this just in case this option does exist.  Prepare for everything guys, this will more than likely be your last chance EVER to rid yourselves of the industrial unions.  If anything, vote for "No-Union" as the TWU and IAM cannot decert themselves without the NMB being involved.  You see after the vote is done for this alliance they will have to ask the NMB to cert them if they win the election for the alliance, and do you guys really think they will ask the NMB to de-cert them if you guys voted for No-union?  HELL NO they won't.  BUT, what should take place after the membership votes "NO-Union", and the STS is current, then there should be an election by the membership, held by the NMB for a single union representation, and during such an election held by the NMB you should have all the options afforded to you to either keep the TWU, the IAM, go No-representation, or, "write-in/speak-in" option.  

Again you guys (membership) needs to get all the information surrounding this alliance crap fixin to be forced down your throats.  If you guys just wanna believe everything you are told then you guys deserve exactly what comes to you. Get involved, get educated, get informed as this up-coming election will effect you the membership for rest of your careers and how you are treated by you representing union for the rest of your careers.  Don't fall for the scare tactics from 700 and the IAM/TWU alliance supporters as they are the ones that are scared, scared of losing the dues coming to support their lavish paychecks and cushy jobs that never take a hit like the memberships paychecks and jobs do,  THINK ABOUT IT!!!   You guys need to prepare yourselves for new start in 2014.  Get rid of the union that has been dragging you guys down for well over 3 decades now, and get a fresh start with a new specific class and craft union where the membership runs and controls the union for the well being of the membership, not the international running it for the paychecks and cushy jobs that are never effected by the outcome of rifs and paycuts.  The time is now guys, start the new year out right, you know what to do,  good luck to you all...

The vote must be:

Vote for the alliance  ______

Vote for an election between TWU and IAM______

the way it is now, we are set up to fail and guess who will be blamed?..........."we voted for it"

(remember 2003 and 2012)

You do realize if there is no union you are an employee at will, and you will be gutted and massive layoffs.
What's to stop AA from gutting and massive layoffs now? There are factors but the twu isn't one of them. I wont say anything about the IAM because I was never represented by them. The only difference between being in the twu and being non union is that twu members pay dues and that's it. By the way it doesn't take a genius to see how the vote is going to go, if they are going to word it alliance or no union then the alliance is a done deal.

Chuck Schalk said:
The vote must be:

Vote for the alliance  ______

Vote for an election between TWU and IAM______

the way it is now, we are set up to fail and guess who will be blamed?..........."we voted for it"

(remember 2003 and 2012)

Chuck

Why would we want either, lets just start collecting the cards again and rid the new AA of the IAM/TWU all together.

You know that if the guys here at AA wake up they will realise that AMFA is the only way we will save our class and craft here.

We both have tried to bring a craft union here for a long time, to throw in the towel lets them will and I know that you don't want that.

2003 and 2012 the TWU found ways in which to help AA and set our families life back in time. The $$$$ and the rest of what we have lost
can't be replaced, but the TWU can be.

If everyone reads the alliance bylaws and what the IAM has planned for its pension from Jan 1st 2014 fwd the USAirways guys will
hopefully join us signing cards to bring AMFA to the NEW AA.

WE voted for it all you are correct, but how much more can we as a group take? It's time to stand up and say "ENOUGH is ENOUGH"

I cannot emphasize this enough to the members at both AA & US - YOU BETTER UNDERSTAND THE VOTE THAT'S COMING!          

There will  be only one vote. The NMB will conduct that vote.

Understand - The NMB will only hold elections for those groups/unions that petition them to do so.

The IAM alone IS NOT going to petition - The IAM will NOT be on the ballot.

The TWU alone is NOT going to petition - The TWU will NOT be on the ballot.

The Alliance IS going to petition - The Alliance WILL be on the ballot.

Minus an intervenor that can show 50% +1 showing of interest, there will be  only 2 other choices - "write in" or "other" (which still requires 50% +1) or "NO UNION"

If you vote "NO UNION" and 50% of your fellow mechanics do as well, both the IAM & TWU will be decertified and you will be without representation.   

If you truly want change, sign your cards and have them ready.  When the Alliance petitions it has to be announced and a window will be afforded to would-be intervenors to file.  AA cannot pull another quick file ibt stunt this time, you WILL be able to file your cards if you have them.

AMFAinMIAMI said:

Chuck

Why would we want either, lets just start collecting the cards again and rid the new AA of the IAM/TWU all together.

You know that if the guys here at AA wake up they will realise that AMFA is the only way we will save our class and craft here.

We both have tried to bring a craft union here for a long time, to throw in the towel lets them will and I know that you don't want that.

2003 and 2012 the TWU found ways in which to help AA and set our families life back in time. The $$$$ and the rest of what we have lost
can't be replaced, but the TWU can be.

If everyone reads the alliance bylaws and what the IAM has planned for its pension from Jan 1st 2014 fwd the USAirways guys will
hopefully join us signing cards to bring AMFA to the NEW AA.

WE voted for it all you are correct, but how much more can we as a group take? It's time to stand up and say "ENOUGH is ENOUGH"

This is not what I want, This vote is what is being pushed on us.  I don't have say in this vote and how it was set up.  It is set up that we will get the blame. When you are faced with 2 bad choices and one is a little worse than the other, you are doomed to succeed.

I say no union. If AA does stick it to us, we organize with AMFA. I bet we would be a lot like Delta. The old NWA FAs were fearful of being non union but they love not having a union.

Reactions: 1 person
The IAM is showing the unorganized sCO passenger service agents what they do best. Join a union and get furloughed or if you're lucky move to Newark, Dulles, or SFO or else. The POS UA CBA will be hindrance in future organizing at DL and elsewhere.

Josh

bigjets said:
I say no union. If AA does stick it to us, we organize with AMFA. I bet we would be a lot like Delta. The old NWA FAs were fearful of being non union but they love not having a union.
Yep, especially many of the staunch union supporters have seen the light of day. There is a vocal minority of disgruntled "activists" working on the "grass roots" drive but the ones I talk to like being non-union.

Josh

Reactions: 2 people