IAM Card collection at AA

chellow

Advanced
Sep 26, 2010
I received five authorization card from the IAM by mail on Friday, what's going on here? It was my understanding that the IAM and the TWU had some kind of joint deal to represent us. With the admission from the Teamsters and TWU that they were in collusion and all the back stabbing... my head is just spinning, can someone give me some answers? What’s happening here?

Attachments

• IAM card.jpg
    IAM card.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 202
I received five authorization card from the IAM by mail on Friday, what's going on here? It was my understanding that the IAM and the TWU had some kind of joint deal to represent us. With the admission from the Teamsters and TWU that they were in collusion and all the back stabbing... my head is just spinning, can someone give me some answers? What’s happening here?

It's rather simple - there's money to be made.

Reactions: 3 people
There's no honor among thieves, is there?

Wonder if the TWU is circulating cards at US?

There's no honor among thieves, is there?

Wonder if the TWU is circulating cards at US?
I would be willing to bet, YES, the TWU is doing a drive at US. This could possibly null and void a vote if both sides collect the amount of cards required. DO NOT sign any cards, until you guys get to the bottom, this very well could be another deflection to not allow AMFA to be written in as an option on the "run-off" election. It sounds to me to be another scam to forbid the members of the "combined" US and AA of an election. You guys need to get on top of this ASAP before it's too late for all the members of both airlines to have a decision of who represents them.

I would be willing to bet, YES, the TWU is doing a drive at US. This could possibly null and void a vote if both sides collect the amount of cards required. DO NOT sign any cards, until you guys get to the bottom, this very well could be another deflection to not allow AMFA to be written in as an option on the "run-off" election. It sounds to me to be another scam to forbid the members of the "combined" US and AA of an election. You guys need to get on top of this ASAP before it's too late for all the members of both airlines to have a decision of who represents them.

Thanks for the feedback, but someone in AMFA has to show some leadership, Its great of you and some others that come out and help here, but we have no leaders, no consul no name to lead. Who is in [font="Calibri""]charge [/font]at AMFA national organizing, why is ‘ant he here telling us what to do.

Any card filing at US has to be done after one year from when the IBT filed.
Any card filing at AA has to be done after one year from when the IBT filed.
Sounds like someone has gone rogue. How unprofessional and divided we are as a group.

Any card filing at US has to be done after one year from when the IBT filed.
Any card filing at AA has to be done after one year from when the IBT filed.
Sounds like someone has gone rogue. How unprofessional and divided we are as a group.

I don’t think so, after the merger there may be a new election, IAM and whoever is in at AA that’s if the IAM is still at USAir.

Well I think the company is loving it. As long as they keep us fighting among ourselves we aren't fighting them. A house divided.....divide and conquer...etc etc

Well I think the company is loving it. As long as they keep us fighting among ourselves we aren't fighting them. A house divided.....divide and conquer...etc etc

If united is what we have with the TWU I'll rather be divided.

I don't think I have seen anything more convoluted than what AA is going through in regards to M&R union representation. After all the crap that the twu has done, there are still twu supporters.
I just don't get it.
B) xUT

chellow

there is a NO RAID clause within the AFL-CIO since both the twu and IAM belong to no cards will be honored.

They ( twu & iam ) have agreed with the AFL-CIO to a joint association upon the merger if the IBT does not win at USAir and does not get an election at AA.

We are supposed to find out soon if the IBT has enough cards to force a vote here at AA. The NMB will rule on the cards some time here at the end of the month.

Not to worry about IAM cards, the twu and iam will not fight over us the AFL-CIO will step in. Remember they already have an agreement with the CWA as well. All of this is just to save the unions from loosing our dues money.

chellow

there is a NO RAID clause within the AFL-CIO since both the twu and IAM belong to no cards will be honored.

They ( twu & iam ) have agreed with the AFL-CIO to a joint association upon the merger if the IBT does not win at USAir and does not get an election at AA.

We are supposed to find out soon if the IBT has enough cards to force a vote here at AA. The NMB will rule on the cards some time here at the end of the month.

Not to worry about IAM cards, the twu and iam will not fight over us the AFL-CIO will step in. Remember they already have an agreement with the CWA as well. All of this is just to save the unions from loosing our dues money.

That doesn't explain why the IAM sent me the cards, and they did. The additional material that they sent with the cards tells me that the IAM was well aware who I am. If this is not a raid I don’t know what it is.

"The AFL-CIO will step in" ------- Now that's funny! The AFL-CIO did "nothing" when two of their unions, the IAM and TWU, were in a dispute over the TWA/ AA seniority controversy! What makes you think anything has changed?

"The AFL-CIO will step in" ------- Now that's funny! The AFL-CIO did "nothing" when two of their unions, the IAM and TWU, were in a dispute over the TWA/ AA seniority controversy! What makes you think anything has changed?

The TWU and IAM knew that if a representation election was to take place AMFA had a very good shot at getting in. Neither the TWU, IAM and the AFL-CIO wanted to lose $$$$$. So the IAM conceded. AMFA is feared by the industrial unions and airline management. Too bad we as AMT's can not see how much we can better our craft by having a craft union represent ALL amt's in the industry. Our worst enemy is ourselves and the unions are feeding us the poison.

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts