IAM Card collection at AA

We are our own worst enemy. Most don't even educate themselves about what is going on, they just jump on some band wagon and ride that M'F'er as if they really know the facts.

Will the IAM tweet the results? If they win, justice was served but if the membership votes IBT they will file interference charges against the IBT, US Airways and just about every man and his brother. The IAM never walks away from dues payers without a fight, their interference charges at DL and UA FAs were laughable and quickly shot down. If only the IAM had the same resolve to negotiate industry leading contracts, the membership would be much better off.

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
I don't see the IAM winning today. The only station I know of being pro- IAM is PIT. The Majority at other stations want change.

I don't see the IAM winning today. The only station I know of being pro- IAM is PIT. The Majority at other stations want change.

Wanting change is one thing. Losing your future is another.
If my pension was to be frozen by my choosing that is financial suicide. Nobody wants to work until the day they carry you out in a casket.

Regardless of the vote the members have the opportunity to vote on their choice of representation. The sad part is the ones that did not vote and continue to complain about their representation.

I really would not bet on pit being a IAM stronghold, were feed up with the bs from the local here.LL1976 has its problems, all the officers have the GOV breathing on there neck for alleged election violations from the past local elections. Using company property for election purposes ,I.E. using company copiers to send out mailings to the retirees with instructions on who they like them to vote for. And by the way on the 13th there will be a great cookout at the union hall all members in good standing are invited, a floor vote for 25K was taken at the last meeting for expense's should be one hell of a cookout. www.iam1976.org go for it.party starts 0700 13aug2013.Some call it the last supper, Bill hollowoood will be playing the part of Jesus,,and the rest stoking the fires don't believe me goggle the LL and call them

Reactions: 1 person
Wanting change is one thing. Losing your future is another.
If my pension was to be frozen by my choosing that is financial suicide. Nobody wants to work until the day they carry you out in a casket.

Regardless of the vote the members have the opportunity to vote on their choice of representation. The sad part is the ones that did not vote and continue to complain about their representation.

What makes you think The New AA will want to keep The Pension. We will lose it in The Transition Agreement anyways. There is NO Guarantee we keep The Pension withmThe New AA.

Guess you didnt read the Alliance agreement, the TWU and IAM are going to negotiate the pension for the AA workers.

Our pensions are frozen here at AA. That was part of the reorganization. This was approved by a federal judge in a federal court and the creditors approved it.
My pension is frozen and we have a puny little 401K match of up to 5.5%.
What did I miss?

http://www.iamdl142.org/Bulletins/2013/TWU/TWU%20&%20IAM%20Joint%20Agreement%20on%20Pensions.pdf

What makes you think The New AA will want to keep The Pension. We will lose it in The Transition Agreement anyways. There is NO Guarantee we keep The Pension withmThe New AA.

Guess you didnt read the Alliance agreement, the TWU and IAM are going to negotiate the pension for the AA workers.

What I'm Getting out of it is The IAM TWU Alliance is going to find a way to Negotiate The Pension AWAY. That's what TWU IAM do best. Negotiate away anything good we have. They are pros at it.