IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lith,
"THE 31st is the first day of the very last of negotiations. "

who told you that .. RR . Uncle Al has got a mess on his hands and needs to get it resolved fast but I highly doubt this will be the last of neg.

maybe the last for a month or so but they WILL be back , Fleets not bending and we have something they want and they want it BAD.

so its time to ante up AL

Do you guys realize that these 4 days will decide our fate until 2009! Why is it important to be on top of the forum. We are intouch with Chandlee, and the International. Are YOU?

just a little contest that PJ has been trying so hard to accomplish but falls short everytime.. just trying to lighten things up

First off,

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I really do appreciate it. Save 708 is an America West Reference so if some of you don't know, 708AW was the oldest 737-100 aircraft still used as a Amercian airliner. (AWA) I used the name because it hits the roots of some of the ol' timer AWA guys that remember the good ol' days.

I only used a reference to Eastie and Westie because this airline seems so segregated. We all have needs and wants but until we act as one we will remain, "easties vs. westies". This is unfortunate because we all have the same goals under one roof. The ultimate goal is to support ourselves and our families. If we continue to battle on different sides of the fence, nothing will get done. Nothing! The IAM has shown their ability to be worthless and the company has done even less. I like to quote the X Ceo of continental whom used to be a mechanic. He stated that he was best for the company because he knew the "nuts and bolts" of it. If you have never worked a quick turn in 100+ degree heat loading and unloading aircraft, you have NO voice or opinion in this matter. We need to find a common ground amongst all of us workers to get this ship in order. No one is going to help us. Forget the union, forget Parker, we need to take a mind-set that they are fighting for ourselves now. Not against ourselves. We have the power to make this happen but it seems that our reps have lost sight of the big picture. It's time to remind them of where their pay comes from. It's time for action! This goes with what I was addressing earlier. We need to get on the same page. I know that as a "west" employee, I will have to give stuff up to join the east. So be it! Same goes for you guys out East. We can fight to get it back, together. I have benefits to lose and money to gain with a T/A and it is a trade off, but until it is done we will never be truely united, and we will never accomplish anything. I have a mindset of angst because I feel the longer we bicker over the small things, the more time our management has time to plan on how to take away the big things. With recent excuses from IAM about the company, I am not sure that they will prevent this from happening. Time to unite! Time to make sacrifices for each other and the better good of all. It is our responsibility to make this a better industry for all. We can make "our" company the industry standard. We can make ourselves the employees for all to emulate. Why not? Are we not the best at what we do? Do you not feel that you are all that you can be? Lets turn this ship around for us! Lets make this a better workplace, for us. I am only one man but I will do my part. Will you?

I HATE the fact the CIC created this mess on the contract. I told Chandlee to get protection: He was up front that no one got compensated till a contract for both East/West. Why! didn't IAM convince us of this back in 2005. No! ONE! HAS! as of two and a half years. l

"that they will provide the membership a TA that most will find acceptable until we enter Traditional Section 6 negotiations."

lith ,
did you ask Bill when he PLANS to enter section 6.. Thats just a Crock of s*it

Hey! Man!
Mr. Chandlee was the most honest of men when he stated the the result of the CIC whould give the company or union the upperhand. See! What happened. Are we going thru the result of a Botched CIC! I told him to bring protection if we saw nothing. And now it is coming to FACT!
\
How! can we change this screw_up! Who wrote in that the loss of the CIC would let us sit back till 2009.

Who are the idiots of this botched BA that gave the CIC the upper hand?

Until we come to a compromise with both sides and until 2009 there will be no section 6.

Are we going to wait! Is this alright? Can we survive on this wage and conditions? Do we relate to IAM rules? What is next?

Tim, sorry yeah i suppose like was the wrong adjective however i agree with you it is way to handle the situation with the company rather than giving drop dead dates and number of flts to outsource a current members job.

PJ,
3 for 4 on the pages today.. Someday little man you'll figure it out :mf_boff: :bleh: :D

Show Off :wacko: :cool: :bleh:

Back to the subject,

We all need to understand that the company WANTS the CIC language OUT of our CBA. The company WANTS our profit sharing. The company WANTS a 2 or 3 year extension. In fact you could go so far as say they NEED these things from us. What are we going to get for these. SQUAT with canoli running the ship. He has not done enough fighting for Fleet, but he sure as heck faught for the company didn't he. Trying to sell us out. IMO we should not have to pay for our own raises as AH pointed out in his letter to fleet. That little line (in exchange for). We should not have too "exchange for" anything. If the company is he$% bent on getting these things from us, they better come off the hip, if you know what I mean. That should include substantial wage increases, scope, job, and merger protections, vacation, doubletime, shift differential, sick time, the 60 day rule eliminated without prejudice, DOH, ect, ect, ect. We all want these things, but what we must ask ourselves is, what will we accept. For everybody this answer is going to be different. But maybee somewhere in the middle is where we all can meet and have a decent agreement.

Oman, top o the page. :shock: before you even.
See I am learning. :bleh:

Status
Not open for further replies.