IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
districtforce,
"have been members of our union for decades and deserve to gain a greater percentage of their past sacrifices based on the craft's history on this property. "

NO WONDER The IAM has trouble getting other airlines organized... Lets see .. DL ramp we want you and we are going to fight to get you a O.K 1st contract.. can't get you a great

or even a good one because well YOU guys haven't been in a union very long..

FORCE .. you need to stop smoking the pipe.. YOUR ignorance is really flowing today

df,
So you are saying that we "can't put the milk back into the jug"? How about we try. Is that not what we PAY you to do for us. Yes I did say we, the members, PAY you to look out for OUR best interest, not your's or managements, but OURS. Once you guys at the I'LL ASK MANAGEMENT get's that idea through your thick skulls, we might just be on the same page. Untill then, go pound sand at the sandcastle with dougweiser and co.

Phoenix and AWA want to personally thank everyone on this board that have been trying to open our eyes to what Fleet workers deserve after being beaten down so long. These are the last few days before our representatives go back to fight for us on the 31st.

We don't exactly know everyone' identity but if the International is on this board the way they are "hinted", we sure hope they take heed to what our fleet work force respectfully deserve.

Thanks again and hopes are we get to vote for the best of the next generation of TA'.

C'mon District,

Enough is enough. You have non-union employees, (insert crew schedulers), who are "unskilled workers" just like fleet, who are making over $22/hr, who never even took a cut through 2 bankrupcies, and they are working one wall away from CLP agents (who are considered fleet) who took a beating making $17 and change/hr. It's time to get ours.

District,
The way Fleet Service has bleed Pit is correct Enough is Enough. FS has been thru 2 BK and to hear Crew Schd making 22 hr is news
that really ticks us off. In this next meeting the Neg. Team needs to take on this approach. This company wants a TA, screw them if they don't respect us. The company wants labor peace screw them if they don't deal with us . The company want another Merger, screw them if they don't pay us, and were not talking about 1980's wages anymore. The company needs this deal more than Fleet does so we need to keep the heat on them.

PS Oman thanks for the heads up link for the new video for A New Direction 2008

Pilots, FAs, CSAs, Rampers, M&R never get the same amount of % raises, you have to compare apples to apples, not oranges.

Just look at the profit sharing pool it is based on what each group gave up, the pilots gave up the most, followed by Mechanic and Related.

Differant groups gave up differant amounts of money that is why each groups get backs will be differant.

Its like hitting your head into a brick wall trying to explain this. :shock: The changes in the mechanic scope language was a compromise between the union and company and there is no way you can compare the M&R proposal to the fleet group and what they need to protect there guys.

Some people will just never get it. :down: But I do commend you for the tireless effort to try to explain the differences. :up:

AE,
"
Its like hitting your head into a brick wall trying to explain this. shock.gif The changes in the mechanic scope language was a compromise between the union and company and there is no way you can compare the M&R proposal to the fleet group and what they need to protect there guys"

THEN PLEASE STOP TRYING.. WE DON'T CARE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY !!!!.. YOUR NOT A RAMPER..

but to correct you. FLeet isn't trying to get your scope ... IF you want YOUR concessionary contract and give up your COC and P/S and get screwed by the IAMNPF .. then by ALL MEANS

vote it in. FLEET can't keep you from doing that.. GO VOTE ..and stick with your mtc issues

I thought fleet service would have been wise to accept the company's offer this past September

lith ,
that's what the international thinks of you.. just ask DF he's apart of the sham they call the union

DF sez
"Continental is non union and their wages can change overnight plus they do not have the IAM pension plan. "

the bird sez.. GOOD FOR THEM .. the IAM pension BLOWS....

Tommy Boy... a.k.a Distract Farce...

Tell yer boy (Cornhole'e) tah enjoy his last few weeks in office !

Yew gonna be followin' him out tha door....

let's see how yah fare without yer six figure "cush" position !

New Direction's cummin' tah get all yall!

700uw,
"Pilots, FAs, CSAs, Rampers, M&R never get the same amount of % raises, you have to compare apples to apples, not oranges."

Ever here of Parity Plus 1.. the contract that wolf worked up to get everyone undercontract... If I remember correctly that was with all

work groups..

Nope.

Pay Parity +1 was a formula used that took the percentage of several carries US competed against, those percentages were averaged plus 1%.

It was not all the workers lumped into one, it was Pilots with other Pilots only, M&R from M&R only and etc...

Only the same classifications were used, not lumping all airline employee groups into one for the formula.

Each CBA was compared to the CBA of the competitors in the same classification.

You dont remember correctly.

Hello to all,

I have been following this board for around a year now and I finally wanted to join up and say a few things. I know there are many frustrations out there both east and west, but as a Westie, this has been unbearable to stand by. You eastie guys, yes the company owes you guys, but I am speaking for the Westies. How long should we have to wait in the balance to simply, become equal. Nothing more, nothing less. The whole contract is up for renegotiation in a year anyway. In the meantime, as a 9 1/2 year Lead out West, 11.50 is all that is available for pay. The T/A's have promise to bring us all on the same page. It shouldn't be about anything more, or anything less. I keep hearing about how "we" need to stick together and turn anything down, to get a better deal. In the meantime, There are employees in PHX that work at Chilis in the airport that make more than a 10 year lead for USair. (BTW, Chilis has only been open for a year in PHX) This is sad. It is worse that no-one seems to care. Yes, the company has shorted you guys out east prior to the merger, but we are hurting out here! When does this waiting pay off. My newborn will be in school by the time this gets sorted out. In the meantime, I can't afford daycare. I love my job and hate to leave it, but I can barely keep my family afloat at 11.50/hr. It is the light at the end of the tunnel that keeps employees like me around but, in this case, it is starting to look more like a vertical tunnel. (a hole) NO offence, but the T/A that should be written, should have no bearing on the East employees. I am not saying that you guys aren't owed anything. I am simply stating, the T/A should simply induct the West employees into the contract of the East to recieve identical pay and benefits. PERIOD Nothing more, nothing less. All of the issues that the East employees have with the company can then be settled AFTER this has happened. They will also then have the FULL support of ALL the fleet service. Right now, our separation is because the East has it's own issues and doesn't care about the West employee's pay, and the West doesn't care about anything but their pay. The company has no problems with the pay but they want to add riders. The IAM also has no problem with the money but they want to add their own riders and this will never end. The company has to love this. As long as we feud, the company will save millions! All on our backs. Here is a little quote for you all to keep in mind. "We must learn to live together as brothers or we are going to perish together as fools."

Sorry I babbled for so long. I will keep it short from now on. I am just absolutely to tears with what to do. Leave my 10yr job or stick it out in hopes that it will pay off. As long as I am sticking this out, I am suffering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts