IAM Fleet Service thread 7/13-7/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
The irony is that I am rather enjoying my 20% pay increase and look forward to another 20% increase in a few months contrary to the gloomy projections by some. Of course, I think US is in deep yogurt with the price of fuel, but if anything trying to get a better deal during these times would have left West with NOTHING but more Easties promises about a Great Pumpkin of better things many years ahead (assuming we are still in business and they aren't wrong again as they were with CIC). A 40% wage increase and more time on a contract and most of the West rampers are to be upset?

T/A approval or not the furloughs were coming to LAS and throughout the system. These cutbacks are due to primarily the price of fuel not to the price of labor. As for job protections under the old West contract, can you spell "CMH" or do I need to spot you the first two letters? It is the hubris of intellectual dishonesty that some on this board falsely suggest that the West contract had such great job security protection when relatively the recent history of a hub closing clearly demonstrated otherwise.

So Corrects Jester.

Mr. Jester…

Tha onus is not on us…Fleet… but tha bag room boys that are asleep…

Just kiddin... Welcome back Bro! Yer "Q" is still frozen... when yahh commin' ?

I am sure the soon to be furloughed west LAS workers are enjoying their 20% raise too. Oh that's right ,they are not going to be around to get it.

not that anyone in the it's all about me station of Phx cares. at least not till it starts happening there.

Freedom, shouldn,t you be back in the water cooler spouting gloom n doom with the rest of the swooshbag bleeding heart liberals?

O-man , you were wrong about the contract , and you still are … as each day passes people like myself are proven increasingly correct …

You wanted to wait until the end of your old contract … I told you quite specifically that by that time the economy could be in a sever recession if not depression .. we are continuing down that path …. If we had allowed those of you with the wrong ideas to win , we would all have paid a high price ….

:down:
specifically WHERE was I wrong about the contract. Please be specific. Does it really matter if your in a recession or not when YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB.... the company would have come back to the table. but we will
now never know. SO please explain where I WAS WRONG ABOUT THE B/S T/A..

I was against this TA and most of the west was leery at our station. The EAST guys were the ones beating everyone with sticks to vote yes. If anything ft is open at BOS or DCA, I may go there. Not west... I get a sunburn standing under fluorescent lights. I am a cold-weather animal.

Not quite sure of what east guys your referring to . but the 2 largest locals voted a resounding NO.

Did the class II jump on a yes. of course. and then you got the famous PHX "lets sign up people and let them

vote on property" to push it thru.

freedom sez,
" Good luck doug! Make us proud ..

Remember , with our stock so low , you don’t have to worry as much about “saying the right things “ etc .. be blunt , be honest , be hard hitting , make it a memorable Larry king!"

copied from another thread. And you creditability is what ?

I bet your little p**is gets all excited when you see your boy blunder doug on the tube.

try not to bust it to soon. You wanna be company s**k Arse

Jester,

As for job protections under the old West contract, can you spell "CMH" or do I need to spot you the first two letters? It is the hubris of intellectual dishonesty that some on this board falsely suggest that the West contract had such great job security protection when relatively the recent history of a hub closing clearly demonstrated otherwise.

You are correct when you state that CMH was cut and our TWU language didn't protect them. However, the TWU language would have protected the 18 stations from being outsourced come 2012 as long as the city stayed open. That is what the east guys have tried to preach. No language in any contract would allow employees to be on a payroll with no flight activity.

P. Rez

Not quite sure of what east guys your referring to . but the 2 largest locals voted a resounding NO.

Did the class II jump on a yes. of course. and then you got the famous PHX "lets sign up people and let them

vote on property" to push it thru.

Well, we aren't in the largest locals club, here.

Freedom,
Where are you . Your boy Blew off LK and yet you have no come back

since you seem to know everything .. what gives. Still waiting for you to tell me where I WAS WRONG

on the POS T/A. whats up ? still busy kissing our CEO's Arse. that decided to NO-SHOW. I guess

critters of habit stick together.

The company would NOT have come back to the table if this past T/A was turned down. Period. Not with the economic circumstances we are currently in and especially with the UA deal dead. No way, No how. We would still be in BK wages for God knows how much longer.

Passing this T/A as sh$tty as it was, was the RIGHT thing to do. Especially for the west and the class II stations.

Let's just hope we stay in business long enough to eventually get something better down the road...or just stay in business!!! GF

Well, we aren't in the largest locals club, here.

And your correct......so that means what ? You need
not be dependent on them but you should look to
them for some guidance. The RC train knew they
were not welcome there and basically gave PHX the
chance along with the other wage bait cities to take
out PHL and CLT, well kuddos'. We have our agreement
and have to work forward. This will not always happen.
The IAM may use PHL and CLT to sell out the smaller
cities and would you like us not to remember what these
other cities chose.
The difference is we will and have remembered and I
understand your plight. We just can not get you guys
and gals to trust your brothers and sisters. You trusted
Randy and in doing so your going to face some major
obstacles.
This is not nor has ever been a You vs. Us thing and I
hope it hasn't come across like that. It has always been,
Us for Us and we thought your station was always a part
of that. You may only be 100 or so strong but together we
stand PHL(1600), CLT (1100) +++ 100 together.

You are part of the largest locals...absolutely.

***and I know of no East station that asked you to vote
Yes.............

so it was just about passing for the west and those class 2 cities huh! got news for you as sh!tty as it is, it is exactly to the company's likening. They will outsource those 19 cities very very soon given the current economic crisis. if that crap they call a t/a waas not passed, I believe they would have come back sooner rather than later due to the fact they wanted an agreement. dont complain when those cities are gone

so it was just about passing for the west and those class 2 cities huh! got news for you as sh!tty as it is, it is exactly to the company's likening. They will outsource those 19 cities very very soon given the current economic crisis. if that crap they call a t/a waas not passed, I believe they would have come back sooner rather than later due to the fact they wanted an agreement. dont complain when those cities are gone

robbed,

Boy....I'm glad you enlightened me...boy you sure know more than I do....I wish I had all the years of experience in this industry as you do.....I better check with you in the future on all my ideas before I post.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And your correct......so that means what ? You need
not be dependent on them but you should look to
them for some guidance. The RC train knew they
were not welcome there and basically gave PHX the
chance along with the other wage bait cities to take
out PHL and CLT, well kuddos'. We have our agreement
and have to work forward. This will not always happen.
The IAM may use PHL and CLT to sell out the smaller
cities and would you like us not to remember what these
other cities chose.

I am not in PHX.

The difference is we will and have remembered and I
understand your plight. We just can not get you guys
and gals to trust your brothers and sisters. You trusted
Randy and in doing so your going to face some major
obstacles.

I never trusted Randy Canale. I met him once and he was very polite and we had a friendly conversation. No use in being uncivil.

You are part of the largest locals...absolutely.

I wasn't disparaging our local lodge here. I was responding to o-man's statement, "Not quite sure of what east guys your referring to . but the 2 largest locals voted a resounding NO." Our local is not one of the largest locals.

***and I know of no East station that asked you to vote
Yes.............

Now you do. The east guys wanted that contract bad. And no, they weren't Canale loyalists or company kool-aid drinkers. They voted for New Direction. I am not a liar.

1. I am not in PHX.

2 .I never trusted Randy Canale. I met him once and he was very polite and we had a friendly conversation. No use in being uncivil.

3. I wasn't disparaging our local lodge here. I was responding to o-man's statement, "Not quite sure of what east guys your referring to . but the 2 largest locals voted a resounding NO." Our local is not one of the largest locals.

4. Now you do. The east guys wanted that contract bad. And no, they weren't Canale loyalists or company kool-aid drinkers. They voted for New Direction. I am not a liar.

1. Never said you were in PHX. The words...''and other'' should cover that.
2. Never suggested you be ''uncivil'' but remain vigilant.
3. Your remark of,''Well we aren't in the largest local club, here'' doesn't come across as, ''just saying''.Theres' a hint of ''c'mon''.
4. Still don't, what East stations ??

You have a tendency to create something from nothing my reply was
aimed to tell you that you do not stand alone yet you read something
else apparently argumenitive .I Don't understand what it is you want to read.

You need not dissect each post independently. Most posts are
meant to be read as a whole.

Good Luck in looking for whatever answers your searching for and
good luck to the delegates attending the meeting next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back