IAM Fleet Service topic 1/1-

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok , lets stay focused on union issues ,

yeah , we can cut some fat from the bone here and save our memebers money .... anyone remember that dues increase they just passed ?

Once again ignorance is bliss. the above mention officers you referred to in your post are DISTRICT OFFICERS

YOUR dues INCREASE came from the GRAND LODGE. How did your delegate from PHX vote on that issue

did you have a delegate attend back in September or did they just dial that one in. Real quick list of the

structure of YOUR union.. the top dog is the GRAND LODGE. 2nd tier is DISTRICT 141 3rd tier YOUR LOCAL

so what your saying then is that all of those people don't make 100 K a peice ?

Where did I say any such thing. .

You referenced your dues increase and the AGC's salary as possibly being tied together which is

a very wrong assumetion. Let me ask you this how much is it worth to you to be away from your

family approximately 20 days a month. and have 8 to 11 stations that your responsible for . be honest now

This morning, 1-8-09, Local Lodge 1725, CLT, voted to raise our already increased dues. In 2008 our dues were $39.00 a month, January 1, 2009 our dues were increased to $45.00 a month because the people we sent from CLT to the Grand Lodge Convention in 2008 agreed and voted for the increase. The vote in CLT today, 40 yes votes and 2 no votes, will effectively increase our dues to $54+ (and change – close to $55.00) a month, for what, to keep our New Direction, ND08, AGC’s rolling in cash ($110,000+ a year) with no increase in the memberships’ pension until we negotiate again in 2011?

I see your trying to play devils advocate here. Acting like your upset over it but you were one of the

40 YES votes . and isn't one of your buddies one of those rolling in the cash . :shock: :up:

OOOOOOOOOOOh well nice try.

Where did I say any such thing. .

You referenced your dues increase and the AGC's salary as possibly being tied together which is

a very wrong assumetion.

AGC salary is ABSOLUTELY tied in with dues increases!!! The District and the International split the AGC pay and where do you think they get the money to pay them???? That's right, The Memberships' dues!

ms piggy,
Touche ! on that one I guess the ND08 can thank your good buddy randy for there big fat salary

but if you reference Article IX section 1 paragraph B of your district bylaws that little provision is one reason

they make so much. Instead of Neg . Language and scope and other important areas of our contract

which the agc's wouldn't get no piece of lets just get the membership a couple pieces of silver that way

my boys and girls can get there 10 percent raise. that's a crock of hog turds .

This morning, 1-8-09, Local Lodge 1725, CLT, voted to raise our already increased dues. In 2008 our dues were $39.00 a month, January 1, 2009 our dues were increased to $45.00 a month because the people we sent from CLT to the Grand Lodge Convention in 2008 agreed and voted for the increase. The vote in CLT today, 40 yes votes and 2 no votes, will effectively increase our dues to $54+ (and change – close to $55.00) a month, for what, to keep our New Direction, ND08, AGC’s rolling in cash ($110,000+ a year) with no increase in the memberships’ pension until we negotiate again in 2011?
Well as usual, just like the guys that was voted out of office, you give half the truth. Its true the dues are going up, but why dont you state when they go up? For US. Fleet,in clt, they will go to 50.00 a month. or 25.00 a check for 2009, and then increase 2.00 for 2010, and 2011, making it 54.00 a month in 2011, not 54 now.And the people we sent to the grand lodge conv. on our behalf, did actually save us thanks to their vote from our dues almost doubling, instead of going up to 25.00 a check. As far as our pension goes, of course there is no increase in it, because we voted in that piece of sh_ _ t tentative agreement, which means we are stuck until the end of 2011. I dont mind you stating things on here, but my question to you is, why dont you state the whole truth, if your trying to give out information? Is it because your ignorant to the facts? Or is it that your trying to decieve the readers?

"Or is it that your trying to decieve the readers? " this would be my guess

I don't know much about CLT local but you were obviously against the increase. But you only had 1 other NO? Seems like the YES vote was 800% more! I am of course assuming you were 1 no vote ?

From what I know the Dues increase passed back in SEPTEMBER at the GRAND LODGE CONVENTION. This is where the entire UNION and all Territories Eastern, Midwest ,Western ,Southern, Canada and the Transportation Airline and Railroads met to discuss the dues increase. The Transportion sector and Canada were against the increase. The other Territories where in favor and the motion passed for the increase. All of this went down before the new officers came into office in October at the District Convention.

From what I know the Dues increase passed back in SEPTEMBER at the GRAND LODGE CONVENTION. This is where the entire UNION and all Territories Eastern, Midwest ,Western ,Southern, Canada and the Transportation Airline and Railroads met to discuss the dues increase. The Transportion sector and Canada were against the increase. The other Territories where in favor and the motion passed for the increase. All of this went down before the new officers came into office in October at the District Convention.

One of the reasons the USA constitution was written, to stay away from majority(mob) rule.

I guess it did pass... Looking at my last pay stub from 2008 compared to the Jan. 01, '09 check stub, there is an obvious increase. It now looks like just about $50 per month taken out. That is nearly $600 per year in union dues! This is an expensive club to belong to with very little in return.

so what your saying then is that all of those people don't make 100 K a peice ?

Yes they do and more. Just as Labor is the top cost for US so it is for the IAM. Here are some numbers IAM FINANCIAL INFORMATION . The information provided is almost 3 years old but change the names and give 3 years of increases then refigure these amounts. Give the page on this link a good look, click on the more detailed financial information. Canale and his crew spent large amounts of dues money on irrelevant. pointless, and unnecesary union business. That is probably why they were voted out. The current 141 survey is almost as pointless. Bottomline is most members want more for less. If the New Direction continues this costly 'Canaleist' exploitation of members in regards to how dues money is spent then members should understand ND08 were not men and women of their word to change in the right direction for IAM 141 members.

According to this link and correct me if I am wrong but the second biggest cost for the IAM was for attorneys. If attorneys were and continue to be the second biggest cost the question would be, why does the IAM need as many GLR's and DLR's as it does at a cost of 100k to 300k each? It seems the best way to keep and gain membership would be for the IAM heirarchy to cut salary and or layoff GL and DL reps or eliminate the DL all together and expand the duties of the LL officers with a lesser amount of lower paid DL business reps that could help coordinate and administrate the business between the GL and LL's to help reduce the cost of dues for members. In order for the IAM to grow it needs to cut away the many additional, avoidable, extrinsic, useless costs with dues money. The so called "vote" to increase dues did happen at a GL level which includes all departments of the IAM and the transportation department that US IAM 141 members belong to. 141 members that took cut after cut were included in the same vote with members of departments that continue to get normal increase after increase. With no help from the GL and RR jr seems 141 will have to come up with a way to deal with costs internally and it seems the best way to do this and properly represent the members is to cut officer salary and pass that savings on to the members of the LL's they represent to reduce the amount in dues per month.

Lastly it only makes sense to have the elected officials who negotiate your contracts make the same amount as the people they represent so to have them negotiate with person priority as well as for the members they took an oath to represent. Seems when negotiators make a large difference in pay compared to the people they represent negotiation times are extended and pay scales are weaker due to a lack of concern. Let me know if I you believe I am wrong or right.

No suprise here informant. The website you linked is a corporate lacky website built by anti worker pro corporate stooges. It was once said by a robber baron, I can employ half the workers to beat the other half into submission. What have you done to contribute to the betterment of the union. Ever held any offices? Ever been involved? Heck, I don't think you've even taken the membership oath. If you think a better job should be done then get involved and make changes. Come on in the water is warm. If you spent the time at a union meeting that you took in writing your article you might have been able to make a meaningful change.
Why do you think corporations have moved off shore? CHEAP NON UNION LABOR.
Get your facts, but not from union facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts