IAM Fleet Service topic 1/1-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Art.9C Recall

This Art. adresses RECALL, but more important, it differentiates between FURLOUGHED and DISPLACED. The Furloughed will lose their recall on 5/1/2009. The Displaced will always have recall.
The point is that if you are still here P/T, (previous F/T furloughed), hired by HP previous to OEI under the TA, then you are probably still considered FURLOUGHED ! You could be passed in seniority by displaced fleet and not have recall rights. Think about it.
I think there needs to be a LOA for those whom are in this situation.

No suprise here informant. The website you linked is a corporate lacky website built by anti worker pro corporate stooges. It was once said by a robber baron, I can employ half the workers to beat the other half into submission. What have you done to contribute to the betterment of the union. Ever held any offices? Ever been involved? Heck, I don't think you've even taken the membership oath. If you think a better job should be done then get involved and make changes. Come on in the water is warm. If you spent the time at a union meeting that you took in writing your article you might have been able to make a meaningful change.
Why do you think corporations have moved off shore? CHEAP NON UNION LABOR.
Get your facts, but not from union facts.

Well said Freddie.

Corporate will dig into any split to take from the workers making them rich.

Yes they do and more. Just as Labor is the top cost for US so it is for the IAM. Here are some numbers IAM FINANCIAL INFORMATION . The information provided is almost 3 years old but change the names and give 3 years of increases then refigure these amounts. Give the page on this link a good look, click on the more detailed financial information. Canale and his crew spent large amounts of dues money on irrelevant. pointless, and unnecesary union business. That is probably why they were voted out. The current 141 survey is almost as pointless. Bottomline is most members want more for less. If the New Direction continues this costly 'Canaleist' exploitation of members in regards to how dues money is spent then members should understand ND08 were not men and women of their word to change in the right direction for IAM 141 members.

According to this link and correct me if I am wrong but the second biggest cost for the IAM was for attorneys. If attorneys were and continue to be the second biggest cost the question would be, why does the IAM need as many GLR's and DLR's as it does at a cost of 100k to 300k each? It seems the best way to keep and gain membership would be for the IAM heirarchy to cut salary and or layoff GL and DL reps or eliminate the DL all together and expand the duties of the LL officers with a lesser amount of lower paid DL business reps that could help coordinate and administrate the business between the GL and LL's to help reduce the cost of dues for members. In order for the IAM to grow it needs to cut away the many additional, avoidable, extrinsic, useless costs with dues money. The so called "vote" to increase dues did happen at a GL level which includes all departments of the IAM and the transportation department that US IAM 141 members belong to. 141 members that took cut after cut were included in the same vote with members of departments that continue to get normal increase after increase. With no help from the GL and RR jr seems 141 will have to come up with a way to deal with costs internally and it seems the best way to do this and properly represent the members is to cut officer salary and pass that savings on to the members of the LL's they represent to reduce the amount in dues per month.

Lastly it only makes sense to have the elected officials who negotiate your contracts make the same amount as the people they represent so to have them negotiate with person priority as well as for the members they took an oath to represent. Seems when negotiators make a large difference in pay compared to the people they represent negotiation times are extended and pay scales are weaker due to a lack of concern. Let me know if I you believe I am wrong or right.

i beleive what your saying , it makes sense , it sounds logical ... you know what's REALLY funny about all of this , when the old crew was in office these people bashing your post used to scream about those boys making 100K .... but now suddenly , it's OK ... :lol: sometimes i half wonder if they want to perserve the status quo in the hopes that some of them may become AGC'S in the future , able to make 100K ...

if we cared about our memebership , we wouldn't take on so many costs ... we'd try to run a more streamline union .... but no , we pay our AGC's more than fire fighters and cops ... more than teachers , heck it would be interesting to see the wage comparsion from the different job fields ...

People working for a living would bounce a bag off your head if you talked your nonsense in a cargo bin.

Which I am sure you lack the cajones to do.

i beleive what your saying , it makes sense , it sounds logical ... you know what's REALLY funny about all of this , when the old crew was in office these people bashing your post used to scream about those boys making 100K .... but now suddenly , it's OK ... :lol: sometimes i half wonder if they want to perserve the status quo in the hopes that some of them may become AGC'S in the future , able to make 100K ...

if we cared about our memebership , we wouldn't take on so many costs ... we'd try to run a more streamline union .... but no , we pay our AGC's more than fire fighters and cops ... more than teachers , heck it would be interesting to see the wage comparsion from the different job fields ...

It is an insult for you to use the words "we" and "our" in this context. You have never taken an active role in the IAM. As a matter of fact you don't even go to the meetings. Your audacity knows no bounds.

i beleive what your saying , it makes sense , it sounds logical ... you know what's REALLY funny about all of this , when the old crew was in office these people bashing your post used to scream about those boys making 100K ....

I BELIEVE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU BELIEVE..........AND....I BELIEVE I'M RIGHT !

Yes they do and more. Just as Labor is the top cost for US so it is for the IAM. Here are some numbers IAM FINANCIAL INFORMATION . The information provided is almost 3 years old but change the names and give 3 years of increases then refigure these amounts. Give the page on this link a good look, click on the more detailed financial information. Canale and his crew spent large amounts of dues money on irrelevant. pointless, and unnecesary union business. That is probably why they were voted out. The current 141 survey is almost as pointless. Bottomline is most members want more for less. If the New Direction continues this costly 'Canaleist' exploitation of members in regards to how dues money is spent then members should understand ND08 were not men and women of their word to change in the right direction for IAM 141 members.

According to this link and correct me if I am wrong but the second biggest cost for the IAM was for attorneys. If attorneys were and continue to be the second biggest cost the question would be, why does the IAM need as many GLR's and DLR's as it does at a cost of 100k to 300k each? It seems the best way to keep and gain membership would be for the IAM heirarchy to cut salary and or layoff GL and DL reps or eliminate the DL all together and expand the duties of the LL officers with a lesser amount of lower paid DL business reps that could help coordinate and administrate the business between the GL and LL's to help reduce the cost of dues for members. In order for the IAM to grow it needs to cut away the many additional, avoidable, extrinsic, useless costs with dues money. The so called "vote" to increase dues did happen at a GL level which includes all departments of the IAM and the transportation department that US IAM 141 members belong to. 141 members that took cut after cut were included in the same vote with members of departments that continue to get normal increase after increase. With no help from the GL and RR jr seems 141 will have to come up with a way to deal with costs internally and it seems the best way to do this and properly represent the members is to cut officer salary and pass that savings on to the members of the LL's they represent to reduce the amount in dues per month.

Lastly it only makes sense to have the elected officials who negotiate your contracts make the same amount as the people they represent so to have the negotiate with person priority as well as for the members they took an oath to represent. Seems when negotiators make a large difference in pay compared to the people they represent negotiation times are extended and pay scales are weaker due to a lack of concern. Let me know if I you believe I am wrong or right.
Never griped about the wages, just the job they were not doing. There is difference between collecting a paycheck and earning it.

Lastly it only makes sense to have the elected officials who negotiate your contracts make the same amount as the people they represent so to have them negotiate with person priority as well as for the members they took an oath to represent. Seems when negotiators make a large difference in pay compared to the people they represent negotiation times are extended and pay scales are weaker due to a lack of concern. Let me know if I you believe I am wrong or right.

--------------------------------------------------------
Hmmm…

Yer right… however… this basic paradigm should be applicable to all aspects of both Corporate America... and our Government.

Let’s see… let’s start by making all CEO… and all accompanying Subordinate Officers Compensation parallel to the average middle class worker in this country.

Let’s eliminate Corporate America’s influence on our Government by eliminating Political Action Committees!

In other words... we “Fleet†are being bought and sold by both Union and Company! The only solution is multifaceted regulation!

I’m game are you?

P.S. Ohh... let's not fergit tha knee pads!

Yes they do and more.
snip

Well iaminformer, I'm sure you're a real stand-up chap with nothing but the most altruistic and honest of intentions, but I wasn't able to get through your rambling, sloppily-arranged post to find out for sure. But thanks for looking out for my best interests.

Heck, I don't think you've even taken the membership oath.
There's an oath?

Why do you think corporations have moved off shore? CHEAP NON UNION LABOR.
Exactly. So what if a union is imperfect and inefficient; at least it's got my back. Anyone who's seen how Mesa "manages" their rampers in PHX (horrific) would be seeing how mainline US would look without a union.

It is an insult for you to use the words "we" and "our" in this context. You have never taken an active role in the IAM. As a matter of fact you don't even go to the meetings. Your audacity knows no bounds.
Ouch Freebird, looks like you got served. In all fairness, I don't go to the meetings either (would like to but am usually at work when they occur).

No, I don't like paying union dues and I don't like that they're going up, but I don't like paying my taxes either. I wish gas was free, but it is not. The fact of the matter is I'd rather have a union than not so I pay my dues, just as I prefer having paved roads and a fire department, so I pay my taxes.

No organization is perfect. If the conditions require it, I'm sure the union would re-examine compensation and other expenses for cost-cutting. Otherwise, if you want real change to come about you've got to do more than just post here...

All District 141 members, we have till Jan, 15 to sign a petition at our local to stop GO airlines from assuming the Aloha name! In case you don't know Mesa owns GO, they used Go to put Aloha under and now they boldly wan't to take their name!!! If able please sign against GO!

--------------------------------------------------------

Let’s see… let’s start by making all CEO… and all accompanying Subordinate Officers Compensation parallel to the average middle class worker in this country.

My Dear Mr. Roabilly!

Your gracious opportunity presented itself and feel compelled to reply. If government was to create an artificial ceiling of compensation to top management comparable to that of average Josephs, then those same executives would take our jobs instead. Now being as I was once a corporate type (certainly not earning CEO wages), I made a trade-off in lower wages for frankly, easier work, less stress, and I no longer took my work home with me. I strongly suspect our new arrival, Mr. ChockJockey, to be a corporate refugee himself for which I believe he may confirm.

So who would be left to take over executive jobs if compensation was based upon your economically egalitarian world? Probably untalented egomaniacal types with little training, but an overwhelming desire to be in control. In essence, they would be the corporal who became the leader of Nazi Germany or the chicken rancher who later ruled the Schutzstaffel as your corporate type for leadership.

So Hypothesizes Jester.

Art.9C Recall

This Art. adresses RECALL, but more important, it differentiates between FURLOUGHED and DISPLACED. The Furloughed will lose their recall on 5/1/2009. The Displaced will always have recall.
The point is that if you are still here P/T, (previous F/T furloughed), hired by HP previous to OEI under the TA, then you are probably still considered FURLOUGHED ! You could be passed in seniority by displaced fleet and not have recall rights. Think about it.
I think there needs to be a LOA for those whom are in this situation.
So let me get this striaght, you are saying that Furloughed people no longer have 4 years of recall rights?

So who would be left to take over executive jobs if compensation was based upon your economically egalitarian world? Probably untalented egomaniacal types with little training, but an overwhelming desire to be in control.

So Hypothesizes Jester.

And the results would be different from the present economic fiasco how?

So let me get this striaght, you are saying that Furloughed people no longer have 4 years of recall rights?

Yes...If you were furloughed in 05 then you are done....if you went P/T then you are considered " Displaced ". But

if you got hired or came back to HP under the TA p/t then you too are done for F/T recall on 5/1/09. To get F/T you would have

to bid in seniority order and not be recalled.

I believe this to be the case unless I'm missing something.

Not saying your wrong, but a couple of points need to be made. First of all, I believe we only have about 5 or 6 AGC,s. I dont know how much good it would do for them to take a pay cut. Plus these guys are so busy with all their cities, that I dont know if you could pay much less and still get the job done. Second thing is if the district did pass on some of its responsibilities to the locals, such as abbt. cases, then I think the locals would still have to raise dues, based on the fact that they would then be burdened with the cost of abbt. cases. Which can run in the thousands. Plus some smaller locals would not even have the money to abbt. cases. And I do know that some of the people that negotiate our contract, are making what we make. I believe most of the grievance cmmtte chairmen go and participate in negotiations.

Status
Not open for further replies.