IAM Fleet Service topic 1/1-

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the results would be different from the present economic fiasco how?

"Run for your life from any man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another--their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun... The rotter who simpers that he sees no difference between the power of the dollar and the power of the whip, ought to learn the difference on his own hide--as, I think, he will." - Ayn Rand

So Recounts Jester.

Not saying your wrong, but a couple of points need to be made. First of all, I believe we only have about 5 or 6 AGC,s. I dont know how much good it would do for them to take a pay cut. Plus these guys are so busy with all their cities, that I dont know if you could pay much less and still get the job done. Second thing is if the district did pass on some of its responsibilities to the locals, such as abbt. cases, then I think the locals would still have to raise dues, based on the fact that they would then be burdened with the cost of abbt. cases. Which can run in the thousands. Plus some smaller locals would not even have the money to abbt. cases. And I do know that some of the people that negotiate our contract, are making what we make. I believe most of the grievance cmmtte chairmen go and participate in negotiations.
You are correct when the Union negotiates, they include Grievance Chairs, GS from PHL and MF from CLT , DL from PIT and others. Back 10 years ago you could make 100K working in a Hub at our old rate of 21/hr with double time and camping at the airport. Just ask OT Rock from PIT. The AGC'S (5) of them are never home and phones ring constantly? Most of the calls are not always friendly from what I hear!

Status
Not open for further replies.