IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, what's up with that 'pig pickn'? I heard someone's going to trailer the smoker down and get some pigs for the throw down. Who's going to eat the eyes and nose?

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Tim…

All I know is tha Boy’s… capable ahh cookin’ all kinds’ ahh stuff! Includin’ Corn Squeezin’s!
We’ll see what they come up with!

In the mean time… let’s focus our efforts on making the IAM a better Union!

I know for a fact, that the New Direction AGC candidate running against the incumbent for CLT AGC,
will be there for this Membership!

He is completely devoted to the Membership… as are all of the current CLT Grievance Committee Men. They have yet to not be in their office, or not to answer a phone call.

Job well done CLT G/C !

I notice that many of you criticize the absurd pay our union leaders make , but yet none of you says anything to correct the so called “problem “ …

It’s great to fling names and lies around at each others candidates but have any of the candidates proposed to do away with the unelected AGC positions that pull 100 K a year ?

What are your candidates policy positions ? All I see are accusations etc …. where’s the forward planning here ? How is the membership suppose to decide if all we have are rumors to go off of ?

I notice that many of you criticize the absurd pay our union leaders make , but yet none of you says anything to correct the so called “problem “ …

It’s great to fling names and lies around at each others candidates but have any of the candidates proposed to do away with the unelected AGC positions that pull 100 K a year ?

What are your candidates policy positions ? All I see are accusations etc …. where’s the forward planning here ? How is the membership suppose to decide if all we have are rumors to go off of ?
Freedom, I believe that at the convention, change's to district by law's are made? You would have to have member's at the convention make a motion to change pay issues and other. October in MCO is the next convention. Tim or anyone correct me if I am wrong, thanks

freedom,

Candidates have very little to do with referendums. Amendments to the District Bylaws can only be made through a referendum presented in March or through the District Lodge Convention. It is a very lengthy process and is covered in the District Bylaws.
You have to participate in your local lodge meetings in order to have any input and must be elected to your district lodge convention as a delegate.

We in CLT are prepared for exactly that and will have the proper people nominated as representatives. The AGC pay does need to be restructured. Mr. Nelson as a former AGC tried to do exactly that and was blackballed by Canale and others for trying to do exactly that. Changes need to be made that you can not effect on this forum. So, get off your hands and do something!

goodfellow,

I think it will be in JAX

freedom,
You want my take on the overpaid agcs.. There salary should be NO more than 2 x the rate of the highest member they represent

and any future raises just be based on a percentage of the total compensation package they get for the membership not tied just to hourly

rate. Why do you think they look the other way and don't fight for more scope / vac / holiday / shift premium . Yep you guessed it

they don't get anything from that. the only ones that benefit from that is the god for saken members.....

goodfellow you are correct someone has to stand up at the convention to make a motion to reduce the agcs compensation

hey freedom .. Ron's a stand up guy how about he stand up for HIS membership and make the motion. He will be there I'm sure.

ask him to take one for the team.

I am sure HE will be raising his hand in favor of DUES INCREASES so at least he could do is make that motion for the membership

what ya say. RR .Randy will forgive ya . well maybe not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts