IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
pj,
to answer your question OUR current leadership is not capable of doing Traditional Neg. THEY never have done one .. the transition and extend thing is relatively

easy just ask Uncle Al what he wants , spin it and pit one group against the other get your 50 plus 1 and go back to corporate and party .. Traditional neg is page for page

tit for tat. something our current leadership does NOT have the knowledge or B*lls to do .

Tim,

Did anyone figure out who gets the "giveback" and when??? Does Class I get the "raise" on Monday or not??? I don't think that anyone has answered this for sure. I know roabilly, as myself, quoted the t/a language, but, it too has twists and turns as far as the language and everybody getting paid at different times. Could you please, if you can, clarify this matter.

Thank you,

pit

Tim,

Did anyone figure out who gets the "giveback" and when??? Does Class I get the "raise" on Monday or not??? I don't think that anyone has answered this for sure. I know roabilly, as myself, quoted the t/a language, but, it too has twists and turns as far as the language and everybody getting paid at different times. Could you please, if you can, clarify this matter.

Thank you,

pit
I know the contract sez within 30 days for class 2, and first monday of first pay period for class 1. I can't say for sure because it is the company's option but I have been told by management that both class 1 and class 2 will see their expected pay raise this Monday. Again, I believe Hemenway will agree to give the class 2's their pay raise this Monday which is better than what Canale negotiated.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

pj,
to answer your question OUR current leadership is not capable of doing Traditional Neg. THEY never have done one .. the transition and extend thing is relatively

easy just ask Uncle Al what he wants , spin it and pit one group against the other get your 50 plus 1 and go back to corporate and party .. Traditional neg is page for page

tit for tat. something our current leadership does NOT have the knowledge or B*lls to do .
I can't see the US/UA merger sidrailed but with the suck balance sheet of United, it may turn away US AIRWAYS. At any rate, Canale never saw a transition agreement he didnt like. Remember, he has signed 5 agreements on this property and in each and every time he has attempted to avoid section 6 by extending the duration.

The thing that scares me is that IMO, US AIRWAYS will come back for more, in which case, the Canale concession stand is open 24/7. Now is the time to change leadership before Hemenway comes back for even more concessions from Canale.

regards,
Tim Nelson

I know the contract sez within 30 days for class 2, and first monday of first pay period for class 1. I can't say for sure because it is the company's option but I have been told by management that both class 1 and class 2 will see their expected pay raise this Monday. Again, I believe Hemenway will agree to give the class 2's their pay raise this Monday which is better than what Canale negotiated.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Thanks, I'll pass this info on to my department. I know alot of guys weren't sure.

I can't see the US/UA merger sidrailed but with the suck balance sheet of United, it may turn away US AIRWAYS. At any rate, Canale never saw a transition agreement he didnt like. Remember, he has signed 5 agreements on this property and in each and every time he has attempted to avoid section 6 by extending the duration.

The thing that scares me is that IMO, US AIRWAYS will come back for more, in which case, the Canale concession stand is open 24/7. Now is the time to change leadership before Hemenway comes back for even more concessions from Canale.

regards,
Tim Nelson
Your company is not a stand alone carrier when oil is over $120, and needs United. Fleet service did its part for the merger with its ratification. If US AIRWAYS decides to stand alone and comes back to Randy Canale, Randy will slam the door shut. Let's hope the United Airlines and US AIRWAYS merger works out.

Your company is not a stand alone carrier when oil is over $120, and needs United. Fleet service did its part for the merger with its ratification. If US AIRWAYS decides to stand alone and comes back to Randy Canale, Randy will slam the door shut. Let's hope the United Airlines and US AIRWAYS merger works out.

Like he did all the other times before. Yeah we believe you there. Why does the I'LL ASK MANAGEMENT prefer to pursue transition negotiations instead og traditional negotiations? And why would you guys give up the leverage that traditional negotiations has attached to them? You said it yourself DF, why would you do that to UA?

Farce…

I thought you said last week that we would hear something concrete regarding the UA/US merger. Do you have any further input on a time line for this transaction?

I don't buy that at all. Everyone that has had past dealings with Canale knows all too well how he would deal with

this request. He would throw the door wide open and say "Come on in. What can I get ya".

I spit my coffee all over the place with this one.

The only DOOR that canoli will slam shut is the one that show's the truth to the membership!

Well after peer review of my plan , it appears it’s a no go … ah well times may change …

To answer you O-man , on what I would do when it comes down to a position between us air VS us air , I’d go with whom ever I like more . but I still feel strongly that we should pack the house with OUR representatives and not united’s .

Also O-man , I remember from many threads ago that you were talking about the compensation packages of our union representatives , you said these guys make too much and someone needs to do something about it … well what are we going to do about it ? I figure if we’re ever going to take a crack at it , it would be around this time right ?

Yes, most of LAX voted yes, me and a few other west guys voted no, most east guys voted yes. Oh and all the rookies voted yes. All they can think about is money. SAD.
In a job, money certainly does have its place. I think we should give space to those who voted yes. Some had $6 pay raises so it's tough for them to deny it. In ORD, I had my hands full pointing my membership towards the finish line which meant voting against a $4 pay increase. To that end, ORD was the only class 2 station to vote No [75% No]. But I understand why the west voted yes and I understand why 4 in ORD voted yes. It's not that they are stupid but rather Canale basically told them if they vote No then they will be swept into the east contract and not get squat.

Now, moving forward, we must prepare for the next round of transitons or concessionary talks, and to do that we must eliminate Boss Canale whose concession stand is open 24/7. As posted earlier, I can see US AIRWAYS coming back for more in about 6 months if they continue their current clip of losing $4 million a day. I wholeheartedly disagree with DF, Canale will give it up as his negotiating skills are the equivalent of a $20 whore.

I LOL reading Coach Rowsey's post. I almost did the same thing when I read DF's apology of Boss Canale. I respect DF and he is a man of his word but he just doesn't understand US AIRWAYS fleet service.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Tim
Who's vote comes up first? I know CLT is voting on the 12th.
ORD, PHL, LAX vote on the 3rd. DEN on the 4th. We should slam dunk all 4 and wrap this thing up by the 12th.

As aside, here is some info regarding the transition dates.

The IAM Fleet Final Transition Agreement provided four key dates for transition of West Fleet Service employees to the IAM Fleet contract. These dates are:

 Ratification Date: May 8, 2008 – the date of the successful ratification of the IAM Fleet Final Transition Agreement
 First Pay Transition Date: May 17, 2008
o West Fleet employees, PHX and LAS tower employees, and PHX weight and balance employees will receive 50% of the difference between their current pay rate and the pay rate at the appropriate step of the pay scale (Attachment B to the Final Transition Agreement).
o East Fleet employees who were furloughed and are now working as a West Fleet employee in a location covered under the Interim Transition Agreement will be placed on the pay scale consistent with their US Airways pay seniority on date of furlough.
 Second Pay Transition Date: May 19, 2008
o Fleet employees in East Class I cities will move to the longevity step pay rate outlined in Attachment B based on their current pay seniority.
o East Fleet employees in East Class II cities will receive 50% of the difference between their current pay rate and the pay rate at the appropriate step of the pay scale (Attachment B).
o East Fleet employees who are currently working at any station under the 60-day rule or any station covered under the Interim Transition Agreement will be placed on the pay scale consistent with their US Airways pay seniority on date of furlough.
 Transition Date: Specified in the IAM Fleet Final Transition Agreement to be within 30 days of ratification. This date has been established as May 31, 2008.
 Operational Employee Integration (OEI): The date when the East and West employees are combined into a single fleet service workforce. This date has been established as November 3, 2008
 Third Pay Transition Date: November 17, 2008
o West Fleet employees, PHX and LAS tower employees, PHX weight and balance employees and East Fleet employees in Class II cities will receive 100% of the difference between their current pay rate and the pay rate at the appropriate step of the pay scale (Attachment B).
 January 1, 2009: Implementation of sick leave, vacation, insurance and pension contract provisions.

hope this clears up some questions.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts