IAM FLEET SERVICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe someone should e-mail this article to canoli. :up: :up: :up:
Canale won't listen, he is a bought man. I thought it was shamful when I heard he kicked Tony Arms off the negotiations table because the company told him to. When did a company start deciding who should be on the negotiations team? Arms stood up to him and wanted $21hr.

regards,

I asked around at work today "What would it take for you to vote yes on a new T/A?". I figured it couldn't hurt to get people thinking about it already. Some didn't even know that negotiations had been scheduled. The answers were all very similar. The main points I kept hearing about were pay, vacation, sick time and profit sharing. There were quite a few other concerns but these were the most common sticking points. We need to get people talking about this and that way they can give it some deep thought and maybe a few breakroom debates.

Just a few thoughts.

When is the IAM going to start surveying what the employees want in their new contract that will be coming up in the next year or so. Is there a plan or committee in place yet to re-write a better contract? This process should be starting yesterday. There is alot of planning to be ready to bargain the new contract.

Out west , what about section 6 negotiations. Why is that a dead issue? Anyone care to reply?

dexter
boy that sounds like the right thing to do. Unfortunately our Union doesn't do that . It's a big secret until they come out with

an overview of the t/a . (which by the way they left out the coc in the last overview) had to find back on page 9 section whatever

buried. . I wish they did or do like CWA does . get surveys from the field and break down the main points.

You are the Union and you should demand for that committee. Tim Nelson would be a good start, that is if he already hasn't started the ball rolling.
About another T/A, forget it ! There will most definately be a stipulation pushing a new contact 2-3 years later. Put all your heads together and make a wish list. Go over every gray area in the contract and rewrite it. This can be explained better by Tim.

dexter
boy that sounds like the right thing to do. Unfortunately our Union doesn't do that . It's a big secret until they come out with

an overview of the t/a . (which by the way they left out the coc in the last overview) had to find back on page 9 section whatever

buried. . I wish they did or do like CWA does . get surveys from the field and break down the main points.
Actually they did survey on their web page. The survey questions themselves were manufactured and written a certain way. IAM surveys are just a way to vent or blow off steam. They were so off base on that transition agreement that I'm confident their little survey on their website was not scientific and probably deleted.

I think you can count the last TA rejection as a big fat survey right up Boss Canale's [Parker's Boy] butt. What the IAM, under Thiede, did was establish screening committees with returned surveys that prioritized articles. The problem with this is that the IAM determines how to prioritize. Frieberger screwed this all up and made a mess of the prioritization. It became a real joke.

At any rate, negotiations is about fairness, and that is about industry standards and company profitability.

I say its "lets get ready to rumble" time. It is time for the Union, not the staff to start bucketing new articles and changes to improve old articles. Remember, if another T/A hits the tables it must again go out for employee ratification. Tim, it has been a long haul, IBT, IBEW , loss of COC. It is not time for you to give up, its time to get stronger because in the end if we all stick together something good will happen for all of us and all that will follow in years to come.

Wake up Tim and start brainstorming!

I say its "lets get ready to rumble" time. It is time for the Union, not the staff to start bucketing new articles and changes to improve old articles. Remember, if another T/A hits the tables it must again go out for employee ratification. Tim, it has been a long haul, IBT, IBEW , loss of COC. It is not time for you to give up, its time to get stronger because in the end if we all stick together something good will happen for all of us and all that will follow in years to come.

Wake up Tim and start brainstorming!

Mark my words....if this new TA is s..t, then the bandwagon will become a parade

Now someone is talking and I like what I am hearing. You all proved it the last time it is not the time to mope its time to get stronger :)

First of all Im just so glad that the last time we had a chance to vote down the last T/A that everyone who voted against it were so proud of it and said we sure showed the company.
Which now that we lost the COC are now laughing at us as they contiune to bank our money that would be somewhat less now had we voted for the last one.
I once again remind all of you we are not skilled labor here. Never have been never will be.
I would like to see 20 an hour and that would be fair start as long as there are rasies to go along with that.
You will never see all the improvements in a T/A that you would get in getting a new contract.
We are hurting out here in the Class II cities and on the west side.
You guys in the hubs have no concept of that just like the last time.
As a whole this group is never going to have the balls to walk out.
If you think we are divded now wait till we turn down another possible pay increse and I think it will be war with east and west.
So for once in your life you guys in the hubs think about us the low paid hard working guys in the class 11 and west guys and understand we need some help 2 or 3 more years of waiting just aint going to cut it.
I for one would love to see the IAM to agree to just bring the west and class 2 up to the hub pay and leave it at that Without a vote mind you and than we can negociate a new deal in 2 years. That way we get the rasies and you guys can suck it up another 2 or 3 years.
Sounds good to me.

Just doing a little sufing and saw an article that stated most airlines will report 4 quarter losses.
So as far as profit sharing goes lookes like not this year boys.
So once again I guess your all glad we showed the company when we voted down that T/A now arent you. Go ahead say it I know your proud were so strong and so smart.
The economy is slowing down and we turned down a raise. Yes Im so proud we showed the company.

Not skilled labor? The ramper's who have made this a career may not have a piece of paper saying
we're skilled labor, but we are. Not just anyone can work on the ramp and do a proffesional job.
Just look at what the company is hiring these days. To work around an a/c worth millions of dollars and safely work that a/c without incident, give the paxs good service and a safe operation requires skill.
Randy " cheap suites " Canale and the 100,000 club want you to believe your not skilled, it's an easy way out for them to bring back a concessionary substandard below industry average contract
for us to ratify. Just like the last two days, Goldenram (rod) wants to ignore the question, " are you proud of the 17 cent raise you brought back to the fleet". he won't answer! By the way, he' an agc.
If it's not an industy equivalent contract send it back. Don't sell yourself short, we all deserve it.
Like I said before, why is the company telling the union what to do? We don't have to talk until 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.