IAM FLEET SERVICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are the Union and you should demand for that committee. Tim Nelson would be a good start, that is if he already hasn't started the ball rolling.
About another T/A, forget it ! There will most definately be a stipulation pushing a new contact 2-3 years later. Put all your heads together and make a wish list. Go over every gray area in the contract and rewrite it. This can be explained better by Tim.

View attachment 6989

Henderfuzz

"Just doing a little sufing and saw an article that stated most airlines will report 4 quarter losses.
So as far as profit sharing goes lookes like not this year boys."

not quite sure what you read but . as of jun 07 USairways had already surpassed 06 profits. so If you don't want your profit sharing
check please donate to dougs beer fund. . Usairways will have a nice profit this year.

henderfuzz,
"First of all Im just so glad that the last time we had a chance to vote down the last T/A that everyone who voted against it were so proud of it and said we sure showed the company.
Which now that we lost the COC are now laughing at us as they contiune to bank our money that would be somewhat less now had we voted for the last one.
I once again remind all of you we are not skilled labor here. Never have been never will be"

first let me say it was so nice since you've been gone. But for some reason I figured you would be back to play the "I said so game"

so let me say this IMO . I AM VERY PROUD FOR VOTING DOWN THAT POS B/S T/A and I will DO IT AGAIN ..

as far as your dis pare in being a class II .. I honestly feel for you. but you seem to be a survivalist because YOU wanted it passed

to help YOUR cause but was willing to SELL your other CLASS II citys to the curb. (kinda sounds like the hubs that you so hate so much

so I guess that kinda makes you a hypocrite)

As far as being unskilled .. Well we all know that you really don't have a whole lot of self respect for your self cause your will to take
leftovers, but there are thousands of other rampers that have a little self respect. Sorry your not in that category

I say its "lets get ready to rumble" time. It is time for the Union, not the staff to start bucketing new articles and changes to improve old articles. Remember, if another T/A hits the tables it must again go out for employee ratification. Tim, it has been a long haul, IBT, IBEW , loss of COC. It is not time for you to give up, its time to get stronger because in the end if we all stick together something good will happen for all of us and all that will follow in years to come.

Wake up Tim and start brainstorming!
Whatcha talking about? I'm an active participant in the fleet service network. We are past the talking stage and in the action stage. In fact fleet service is in the 'action' stage also since they voted down the last contract. The plan of action is to take over the District with nominations in February and then elections. A complete ticket has now been set up to run against Parker's Boy and his 'piss clamers'. Canale will experience 'great pain' and be sent back to management where he belongs.

Also the plan of action is to mobilize the network once again against another TA that is similar to the one that was just voted down. Fight for Justice. Onward!

regards

I still dont understand about how the company has to come out with a new TA agreement that is not "cost nuetral." When they purchased old US Airways they also purchased the existing labor contracts. Nothing in there states that they need to pay more money now that it is under new ownership! I say just boost the west and class 2 stations up to the same pay scale and then in 2009 battle it out over a new contract.

Because the east employees are working under three rounds of concessions, their sacrifices saved the company, now that the company is making profits, time to reward the employees for saving the company.

Why should Dougwieser be the only one getting a raise?

henderfuzz,
"First of all Im just so glad that the last time we had a chance to vote down the last T/A that everyone who voted against it were so proud of it and said we sure showed the company.
Which now that we lost the COC are now laughing at us as they contiune to bank our money that would be somewhat less now had we voted for the last one.
I once again remind all of you we are not skilled labor here. Never have been never will be"

first let me say it was so nice since you've been gone. But for some reason I figured you would be back to play the "I said so game"

so let me say this IMO . I AM VERY PROUD FOR VOTING DOWN THAT POS B/S T/A and I will DO IT AGAIN ..

as far as your dis pare in being a class II .. I honestly feel for you. but you seem to be a survivalist because YOU wanted it passed

to help YOUR cause but was willing to SELL your other CLASS II citys to the curb. (kinda sounds like the hubs that you so hate so much

As far as being unskilled .. Well we all know that you really don't have a whole lot of self respect for your self cause your will to take
leftovers, but there are thousands of other rampers that have a little self respect. Sorry your not in that category

First of all the company can downsize any station anytime class 1 or 2 just ask your brothers in Pitt.
So putting it in the contract means nothing.
We need to focus on getting pay rasies now and worry about a new better contract later.
Once again most of you in the hubs have no idea we are payed less. Im sure if you polled guys in the hubs and asked them they would have no idea we are not payed as much.
Also since I work in a west and east station they have virtually stopped hiring becasue they dont want to over buget the station if our group is ever joined. So everyday we are so short handed its just stupid. Once again most out there dont even know or understand this. so put yourself in our shoes for once. I agree we need better language in the contract but for now we need to get our pay up.

Why is it that in some Usairways contracts class I and class II cities make the same wages and in some contracts they don't? This is disparage treatment if you ask all of us !

henderfuzz,

As far as self respect I have a lot of it. Im proud of my work and what I do to service our customer.
What I think as far as non skilled or skilled dosent change the fact that this is how our group is percieved. Yes we should be getting pay near what our brothers at other carriers our getting.
just remeber to gain all that we lost just isnt going to happen we can hold out hope but dont count on it. In case you havent noticed times have changed.
Fuel is now almost 2 or 3 more times what it was in out last contract if you want everyone keeping there jobs we have to be smart how we regain some of our losses.

Why is it that in some Usairways contracts class I and class II cities make the same wages and in some contracts they don't? This is disparage treatment if you ask all of us !

The class 11 cities top pay is about 2 dollars an hour less that the class 1 thats for all of them.

Do more work?

That is crazy, you dont have the volume of bags, cargo and flights a have hub, they have 35 to 40 planes on the ground at one time, massive connections.

Hubs defiantly do more work.

Heck one of the LGW or FRA flights have more cargo and bags then probably all your flights for the day.

Do more work?

That is crazy, you dont have the volume of bags, cargo and flights a have hub, they have 35 to 40 planes on the ground at one time, massive connections.

Hubs defiantly do more work.

Heck one of the LGW or FRA flights have more cargo and bags then probably all your flights for the day.

I have had the experience of working at a hub, a couple field stations, and a larger size station in my time here, and I will say this. Yes, the hub is abuzz with lots of activity, huge volumes of bags, lots of cargo and bank after bank after bank of flights.... The headcount authorization for hubs is enormous, too... not saying some of our hubs are staffed properly, but at least the head count is authorized. So, really there are plenty of people supposed to be working the hubs to get the job done, and when staffing is up it moves smoothly for the most part and the work load on any "one" person is not overwhelming, since there is usually ample downtime, too.
The field station is a different story. Head count authorizations are usually pretty tight, and if there are staffing gaps due to attrition at given times, the work load on any "one" person doubles quickly and does become overwhelming, then you factor in the mandatory overtime to cover those gaps.... not a nice thing. Then you have certain airports that do contract ramp work for other carriers on top of their own, and "one" finds themselves jumping from gate to gate, airline to airline, procedure to procedure, etc... you get my point... I work harder in a field station than the hub...

Because the east employees are working under three rounds of concessions, their sacrifices saved the company, now that the company is making profits, time to reward the employees for saving the company.

Why should Dougwieser be the only one getting a raise?

Yes I agree, but the company will not see it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.