IAM FLEET SERVICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares what the company thinks.

If the workers unify and work by the book it will kill the operation and kill the profits, that is they only way to make an airline give the employees a fair deal.

Been there dont that, with every Section 6 Negotiations with the Mechanic and Related Group.

700UW...From what I've seen you are pretty much an expert on EVERYTHING, everything that is except the ramp..you don't know s..t :down: :down: I've worked both the hubs and class 2 and there is no comparison. Ya the flights are heavier in the hubs, but you're not climbing in a mainline one minute and then a commuter next and when you're done with that you have to dump a lav or put water on a flight. After that you are asked to clean up puke or maybe a windshield on a mainline, etc..etc.etc all this for $2 an hour less than the guys in the hubs. So keep your opinions to your self about the ramp till you have actually worked both. Oh and why do I stay in this class 2 station (which somebody will bring up) because I happen to like having my kids grow up in a smaller city with less crime and good schools so maybe some day they will have a good job and not work for a sh.t company like USAir. :down:

We all work hard, end of chapter.

What everyone must accept is that "all men (women) are created equal", thus all should be paid the same regardless of whether it is class I, II or hub its all the same job and then some.

That is it in the nutshell. Still waiting to see if Tim has his back-up plans in order.

Dexter, I agree with you...I'm just tired of reading about 700 knowing everything about nothing and had to finally say something.

I'll add my 2 cents to the matter.

Hub vs. Field Station as to more work, I think has much to do with the daily assignment within the hub. Working t-point and running connects makes one appreciate the stress of working a hub during a 40+ bank flight after downloading 80 bags to 23 cities and the first 4 are leaving in 20 minutes, then hurry on back as the next bank is arriving soon afterwards. Then again, if working a gate in a hub it is usually one plane, one flight and wait for the next one. Very little in the way of crossover assignments (lavs, bag running, cleaning, bag room, etc) or multiple flights at the same time as others are assigned a large operation. It is interesting to watch how SWA efficiently manages their ramp crews productivity by creating a pool instead of assigning teams to gates or a pre-determined list of flights to a team.

As for the "New and Improved T/A", as in most hyped-up old products, don't expect much difference. Parker has made it clear he plans to keep this airline "competitive" (i.e. below industry average wages), and I honestly think IAM is playing for job security on contract vs. increased pay as everyone foresees rough times ahead in the industry. While certainly everyone wants to make as much as possible, I don't want to be the best paid rampers in the industry up to the day when the company is forced to close the doors either. I just hope both parties respect the commitment and effort of all field stations instead of bargaining away their pay equity or even their jobs for some "greater good".

So ruminates Jester.

themajoritity of the class 2 cities went out the door thanks to the union and company. but in class 2 cities most if not all the folks there have to work mainline and express and deice etc etc whereas in the hubs they have teams of 3 or 4 to a plane if not more but no matter what all employees do the same type of job when it comes to fleet

Which is Bull#!*# because we all know that MOST class II stations do more work that the hubs!
First of all this is just pure arrogance. Second does it really matter who works harder. Don't we all work the ramp? Don't we all deserve to be paid the same. Statements like this are not needed. I have always worked the hub so I really don't have any idea how hard class II works. I just know that on a good day I might handle 30,000 lbs. On a bad day it could be as much as 50,000 lbs or more. I know I work hard by how tired I am at the end of the day. So don't insult me and anyone else by saying you work harder that they do.

Get ready for it...............k-y is coming out.
It just broke today, Pit's Dave Lolly was asked not to come to the negotiating table, presumably
by the Canaleites. His replacement is a guy who has never participated in any IAM capacity.
Looks like the 100,000 dollar club wants only yes men involved. Yesterday on another thread,
Goldenram (rod) who by the way is an agc out of PHL, has been telling everyone they had better take
what they bring back.
Looks like they are laying the ground work for gloom and doom. Why take it when we dont have too.
Canale should call Hemingway and schedule the meetings when we want them, maybe next fall.
Canale needs to get some balls, we tell them what we want, when we're gong to meet and where.
This group is under no pressure to cave in on any negotiation, our contract runs until 12-31-09.
We control the game now.... no coc, no hurry to talk and no hurry to cave in.
I urge evry one to stand strong, vote the incumbents out in March and stay the course. No reason to except another concessionay contract like we have in the past, no more IOU'S IN 2012.
IT'S POSSIBLE THE COMPANY ISN'T THE ENEMY, MAYBE ITS "canale".
I made a post regarding this yesterday and will link it here as it seems this thread kind of took ove r the other one, but yes you are very right about Dave lolly being replaced...

http://www.usaviation.com/forums/index.php...0&start=200

I just found out this morning that one of our guys on the negotiating committee was just thrown off, Dave Lolly....

Now I know everyone has something to say about everyone, good and bad, and notice how I put it, One of Our Guys, because Dave is and always was one of us, unlike all of the other yes men on the committee.....It was Dave not crumbling in to the commands of Canale and Co. that got him the boot!

I can for one attest to the fact that no matter how you may feel, at least he would come back to the membership and tell the guys what was really going on, for not being a yes man, he was told by AGC Mark Wingard that he was off the committee, and AGC Rich Chew reiterated the fact that the full committee also no longer wanted his services. Dave was canned due to the fact that he was not following the Boss Canale's Agenda and was not buckling under to the Canale henchmen, the ball-less AGC's.

That should speak volumes about who's running the circus with our livelyhood------And what little eyes and ears we had are now completely gone....

I personally want to thank Dave Lolly for all of his hard work and dedication, and most importantly all the information that was shared by Dave that was supposed to stay behind Canale's closed doors....

We all lost a very dedicated and experienced individual here so you can now expect total secrecy across the board in all aspects of how things are going on the union front..

Good Luck in the Future Dave....

QUOTE (Hey.. Chill Out @ Jan 11 2008, 01:33 PM) *
You need to get Dave in here to comment. This is almost solid proof that our union is trying to leave our garbage out in the wind.

I'm sure he will see your posts here, as I said before, thanks again Dave for all your efforts and spend that much needed time at home with your family. It will be much more rewarding, trust me.

I'll add my 2 cents to the matter.

Hub vs. Field Station as to more work, I think has much to do with the daily assignment within the hub. Working t-point and running connects makes one appreciate the stress of working a hub during a 40+ bank flight after downloading 80 bags to 23 cities and the first 4 are leaving in 20 minutes, then hurry on back as the next bank is arriving soon afterwards. Then again, if working a gate in a hub it is usually one plane, one flight and wait for the next one. Very little in the way of crossover assignments (lavs, bag running, cleaning, bag room, etc) or multiple flights at the same time as others are assigned a large operation. It is interesting to watch how SWA efficiently manages their ramp crews productivity by creating a pool instead of assigning teams to gates or a pre-determined list of flights to a team.

The moral of this is: Don't bid for CONX runner.
I've worked on the PHX ramp and yea... if you work ramp 2 in the A.M. you will get 5-6 back2back A-320s loaded... or go work ramp 5 and if you get lucky you might end up with 1 flt on your entire shift. Wouldn't bid for CONX to save a life...yea lots of down time between flts, but runnin ragged while criss-crossing T4 with 4 trailers off the inbound HNL flt is no bueno.

fuzz,
"Fuel is now almost 2 or 3 more times what it was in out last contract if you want everyone keeping there jobs we have to be smart how we regain some of our losses."

As far as the fuel goes. That's Dougs problem not ours.. You don't seem him taking a pay cut for that do you. besides he already said

he was adjusting fares to offset higher fuel. and by the loads I see at work the flying public doesn't seem to care.

As far as keeping everyones job. The t/a YOU wanted to vote in was to eliminate 17 west coast cities And even though I am in a hub

I will NOT vote for a T/A that puts more people on the street .. NO WAY NO HOW.

bagchucker,
"then you factor in the mandatory overtime to cover those gaps.... not a nice thing"

per your contract. Management can only mandatory you if it is out of there control. (unexpected thunderstorm shuts the ramp
down or pwr outage. etc etc).. STAFFING is in there THERE CONTROL. IF they are mandatoring people to cover gaps. then it
sounds like a sched. problem maybe they need to upgrade.

But as long as people help MANAGEMENT cover the gaps then they don't see a need to upgrade.

thats a bonifide grievance

bagchucker.
"The moral of this is: Don't bid for CONX runner.
I've worked on the PHX ramp and yea... if you work ramp 2 in the A.M. you will get 5-6 back2back A-320s loaded... or go work ramp 5 and if you get lucky you might end up with 1 flt on your entire shift. Wouldn't bid for CONX to save a life...yea lots of down time between flts, but runnin ragged while criss-crossing T4 with 4 trailers off the inbound HNL flt is no bueno
."

MY ?? is way do you guys run around out there like chicken with there heads cut off .. That kinda of work environment doesn't fly
back east.. Where's the great Pooba MR Roth at to stop such practices.

it's like being in sales. the more you produce the MORE management puts on you to produce. having someone met a HI inbd with
200 bags by themselves is just plain STUPID .

bagchucker,
"then you factor in the mandatory overtime to cover those gaps.... not a nice thing"

per your contract. Management can only mandatory you if it is out of there control. (unexpected thunderstorm shuts the ramp
down or pwr outage. etc etc).. STAFFING is in there THERE CONTROL. IF they are mandatoring people to cover gaps. then it
sounds like a sched. problem maybe they need to upgrade.

But as long as people help MANAGEMENT cover the gaps then they don't see a need to upgrade.

thats a bonifide grievance

The mando O.T. where I am at now is a bit better, but for quite a while, it was a daily thing. People would get hired, get stuck working 16hour shifts involuntarily, and quit. Then there would be more mando O.T.... as far as grieving it, we have tried, only to find it "get lost" in the admin. process. Not much support where I am at. No stewards/Rep on the property. Paying dues here but not getting the support we need. That is why I have mentioned in earlier posts in similar threads that we have yet to see the IAM do anything productive for anybody west of the Mighty Miss...
Would love for all of us to be on the same page, same pay scale, same everything... once that happens, I truly believe we would have a strong influence around this company. But until we become unified, the company is riding this one out to the bank knowing that we are split and all over the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts