IAM FLEET SERVICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are we going to have to pay the company for a decent T/A I wonder? At least that is the track record of the IAM. Paying the company out of our pockets to line theirs, the IAM, for a better CBA for us. Fleet Service should not have to "pay" or give up anything for a fair and equitable CBA. Unfortunately the IAM decides what to "pay" the company on our behalf. So we will see what kind of B/S T/A they try to cram down our throats this time. I will vote no to anything that even closely resembles the last POS T/A!

pj,
totally agree. Vote NO . until we get NEW leadership and more importantly NEW NEG TEAM.

elections are in MAR

I think the next TA will be pretty much the same as the last one, and if it does come to a membership vote (which it probably won't), the west and class II stations will jump on it and outnumber the class I stations. :(

I hope not. The Class II stations should see it as a slap in the face. We need to stick together on this to send a message to the company/IAM that we mean business. We will not accept a T/A that is a concessionary T/A.

Get ready for it...............k-y is coming out.
It just broke today, Pit's Dave Lolly was asked not to come to the negotiating table, presumably
by the Canaleites. His replacement is a guy who has never participated in any IAM capacity.
Looks like the 100,000 dollar club wants only yes men involved. Yesterday on another thread,
Goldenram (rod) who by the way is an agc out of PHL, has been telling everyone they had better take
what they bring back.
Looks like they are laying the ground work for gloom and doom. Why take it when we dont have too.
Canale should call Hemingway and schedule the meetings when we want them, maybe next fall.
Canale needs to get some balls, we tell them what we want, when we're gong to meet and where.
This group is under no pressure to cave in on any negotiation, our contract runs until 12-31-09.
We control the game now.... no coc, no hurry to talk and no hurry to cave in.
I urge evry one to stand strong, vote the incumbents out in March and stay the course. No reason to except another concessionay contract like we have in the past, no more IOU'S IN 2012.
IT'S POSSIBLE THE COMPANY ISN'T THE ENEMY, MAYBE ITS "canale".

b737200,
I agree partially. We still need a transition agreement. Fleet Service needs to become one entity. East and West combined into one. But if it means another concessionary T/A from canoli and his boys, then a no vote is a must. Just to show the company/IAM we really do mean business.

My bro works on the ramp in Pgh. Been there about 25 yrs. How long have they been under their current contract? Was one just turned down recently?

Just out of curiosity, how does best of each contract, with retro to the Wests joining IAM sound? And I mean retro for all. I think West should get retro to June '05, but it would be a compromise to get the East vote and keep the West from suffering under 2000 wages for even longer.

EDIT: I forgot the TAs (from last fall) payscale.

necigrad

hate to break it to you brother/sister.. the word RETRO is not in the IAM vocabulary, I'm pretty sure they don't even

know what retro means. Since 3/4 of the east is topped out. not quite sure where they would see a retro.

The Negotiations Team

Parker knows that the real negotiations team are the workers working on the ramp across the system. The workers proved that Parker's boy and his traveling circus clowns have no juice and are illegitimate. They are Parker's jesters and nobody listens to them.
Many of the previous negotiators can't even go into breakrooms or their own local, including Parker's boy, without getting B&&&& SL*****.
However, there are two new workers put on Boss Canale's hand picked pseudo negotiations team, "H" from PIT, "S" from PHL. These two brothers have not been defiled yet. If you two don't defile yourselves you will have more juice than all of them on Canale's team combined.

To you two I say, be encouraged to know that Canale and his previous pushbuttons have no juice and that the rank and file is behind you guys, provided, you don't get caught up in hearing Hemmingway say 'you aints getting this' 'you aintz getting that'. Canale's days are numbered.
Don't sign on anything that just brings back a similar TA that your brothers and sisters ALREADY voted no on. I encourage you not to buckle under Canale's pressure, he has no juice at all except with the UA board of directors. He is the enemy for sure.

Industry standards start at $21hr and if Parker can't be fair then he doesn't get a transition. Don't sell out 19 west cities. Dont' sell out those that are laid off. Don't agree to IOU snapbacks at the end of 2012, get the snapbacks now. Now is the time, supper is ready, and the environment is ripe for this. If US AIRWAYS doesn't want to listen then let them wait.

When I say Canale has no juice, wait till February and you will see what I'm talking about. He has no juice at US AIRWAYS and NONE at United OR Aloha. Neither do any of his cronies. They will all be voted out together, you will see once nominations begin in February. Hold firm. Brothers and sisters at all the DL141 airlines have united for this common cause and it will be wonderful.
Don't be misled by Canale's tough talk 'mfing' the company....it's all an act that we have seen before.

If US AIRWAYS is negotiating and they don't want to talk about a real contract then you are wasting your time and let them know that. Don't fear Canale kicking you off the negotiations team, you are going in with backing of workers, don't choose the path Heyden did. WHere is he now? Go in with the power of the workers behind you and don't rely on Canale...mark that man as COMPANY and don't go by what he sez.

Fleet service is solid and united from coast to coast, only Canale and his $100,000 boys can divide us. Hold firm.

[email protected]

regards,

necigrad

hate to break it to you brother/sister.. the word RETRO is not in the IAM vocabulary, I'm pretty sure they don't even

know what retro means. Since 3/4 of the east is topped out. not quite sure where they would see a retro.
Oh the IAM knows about RETRO!! RETRO CONCESSIONS, had to be a labor industry first! I beleive during the first bk with Seigal and Bronner. The members actually had money deducted from their check to give back to the company because we didnt cave in to the concession scam soon enough. That was when the union said we were confussed!!

All we can do is wait and see for now. They have tried to strip us of everything including our dignity. Don't give in and remember we have the power to vote. Upcoming elections? VOTE Make a change. Another lame T/A? Vote it down like the first one. We need to send the message to Tempe and the IAM that we will not be raped again.

Just my 2 cents worth.

fanlube
good point.. I try to forget about those nightmares. but they seem to keep coming around every few years

thanks for the reminder

"Through the third quarter of 2007, the difference between US Airways' unit revenue and costs -- a measure of financial health -- stood at an industry-high 1.78 cents per mile flown by paying customers, SH&E found. Only three other carriers, Northwest Airlines Corp., Delta and United had a margin of more than 1 cent per passenger mile in that time."

funny Canalio see's things differently .. let me quote the grand pooba "Airline Industry conditions and the situation at USAirways in particular have deteriorated in the last year"

Hey Randy .. Go blow smoke up UA 's tailpipe. US FLEET is DONE with you and your cheap suits you call negotiators

Status
Not open for further replies.