IAM Mech. & Related thread

What do you think about the Tentative Agreement with IAM M&R?

• Yes I am for it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am undecided

• No I will vote against it

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A-ENIMA

Dexter here. Since you seem to know so much that isn't written, tell us exactly what protection all workers in Pittsburgh have. So....its okay that 1/2 of them will have to move to CLT because you think this is the RIGHT thing to do? Where is the addes language for moving. Did the bargaining team take any of this into consideration or did they "run with the blood"!

A-ENIMA

Dexter here. Since you seem to know so much that isn't written, tell us exactly what protection all workers in Pittsburgh have. So....its okay that 1/2 of them will have to move to CLT because you think this is the RIGHT thing to do? Where is the addes language for moving. Did the bargaining team take any of this into consideration or did they "run with the blood"!

Have you ever read the contract you are under now? Do you see were base has to be done in PIT and CLT. That is not changing. What don't you understand? Is half of PIT in the line dept? Get a grip, go drink an IC light to calm your nerves. Where are you getting this information that half of anybody is moving to CLT??

The Section 6 that I refer to is for all of us - my understanding is that the contract is not amendable till 12/09 but they can start talking in 01/09. I agree that it would not make sense to start a new contract for just the west. Would not serve the best interest of the group as a whole. We need to fight to save all stations East and West alike, we do not need to set it up to be easier for the company to put ANYONE out of work east or west. There is plenty of work at this company to keep everyone busy we just need it to come back in house.

AWA contract-very well said.

A-Enima-You obviously are NOT in Pittsburgh. Are you just glad your job is safe?

AWA contract-very well said.

A-Enima-You obviously are NOT in Pittsburgh. Are you just glad your job is safe?

Someone on the fleet thread identified him as a retired mechanic that attends CLT meetings. I guess his job is safe unless we go BK again.

A-Enima-

Do you have any idea how many mechanics this will affect. If you do then write facts because I know for sure almost half will be shipped out. I don't give a rats arse how modern the CLT facility is..we are talking about lives here not parking spots.

I advise all PIT mechanics to get on the horn with Spector a.s.a.p. We have already been on the horn in PIT. We need the WEST's support for a solid "no" vote.

A-Enima-

Do you have any idea how many mechanics this will affect. If you do then write facts because I know for sure almost half will be shipped out. I don't give a rats arse how modern the CLT facility is..we are talking about lives here not parking spots.

I advise all PIT mechanics to get on the horn with Spector a.s.a.p. We have already been on the horn in PIT. We need the WEST's support for a solid "no" vote.

Dexter, I have already watched since 2002 are guys here in CLT go out the door, hell many are still commuting from phl and dca. That is part of the airline industry. The company still has to do base in PIT per the contract, that is not changing. The goverment can't make usairways put XX amount of mechanics in Pit or Clt. But the TA specifies that number can't go below 675. What don't you understand. Is there something about PIT that I am missing. Are you that much overstaffed for the amount of work you do? Please let me in on the secret. How many guys work Pit line all 3 shifts, maybe around 60, but your saying that over 300 are going away. You sound like chicken little to me. The sky is falling, the sky is falling. :shock:

Attachments

• little.jpg
    little.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 249
675 is the total amount for ALL east.

Chicken, heck I'm a "bull" and this whole TA is bull. The company states mechanics are not skilled labor? Quite the contrary, they meet more qualifications than the pilot steering the ship. Now A-Enima, lets hear it from the rest of the mechanics. Lets hear their spin for a while. We all know how you feel....

ONE SIDED as usual. IAM fleet doesn't seem to thrilled with your remarks on their thread also. Just an observation.

A-ENIMA

There is no protective headcount language for any specific base station only a specific number.

There is no protective headcount language for any specific base station only a specific number.

Page 12 of the TA:

 The Company shall maintain a minimum headcount of six-hundred and seventy-five (675)
active base maintenance lead mechanics, mechanics, inspectors, lead utility and utility
employees combined. (Subject to force majeure provisions as described in Article 5.H and
20.D.2.)

And on page 3 of our current contract: Base will be performed in both CLT and PIT

With that said, it has always been up to the company to decide how many employees they want at any station forever. That has never changed.

OK, I'm going to a party, this crap is starting to be like a second job.

I have calculated the $$$ increases for every year if the TA passes and I will post later after several cocktails.
Don't worry Dex, I am not a mean drunk, :up:

Please post the exact language, article and paragraph

I am not your secretary, go get a contract and read it yourself. I am not trying to scam anyone, I am giving FACTS!!

Plus you can read the TA at the IAM district 142 website, dam I am not a frikin school teacher!! :down:

ok Article 2 SCOPE Paragragh B Line 31.

BUBYE, the party has started and I'm late.

Status
Not open for further replies.