IAM topic of the week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward

Veteran
May 5, 2007
Watching your posts.
Visit site
Folks after several nice requests I've reconsidered and decided to start a new thread to go through the date of the one closed.
Folks NO PERSONAL ATTACKS & STAY ON TOPIC. No more warnings on this. There will be time off if you can't stay on topic with out being personal.

CLT workers, there is a petition circulating on the date of hire issue.
This will be discussed in the Transition Bartering next week in PHL.
If this is an issue that you feel strongly about, speak up.
MF will be traveling to PHL Monday afternoon.

If you are in contact with anyone on the N/C, please ask them to put the 60 day rule to rest for EVERYONE. I agree that the DOH issue is important, but so is the 60 day rule to those of us on the street. Based on what I have heard, the IAM hasn't been pushing this issue, but they need to start. Since Fleet is the ONLY workgroup on the property with this in their contract, it needs to go accross the board, not just for anyone who MIGHT get furloughed afterwards. Let's make a terrible injustice to your Union brothers right while there is still a chance.

If you are in contact with anyone on the N/C, please ask them to put the 60 day rule to rest for EVERYONE. I agree that the DOH issue is important, but so is the 60 day rule to those of us on the street. Based on what I have heard, the IAM hasn't been pushing this issue, but they need to start. Since Fleet is the ONLY workgroup on the property with this in their contract, it needs to go accross the board, not just for anyone who MIGHT get furloughed afterwards. Let's make a terrible injustice to your Union brothers right while there is still a chance.

I will call someone on the N/C and ask them to bring that up for US!!!

First of all from the earlier therad I want everyone to understand That Im an east agent working in a duel station, of east and west workers. So I see both sides of this group.
So I can see that most of us agree that we all want a better deal however I feel we need to become a unified work group all working under the same contract and all with the same pay scale.
I understand that most of you out there dont even know how it is in stations where we work side by side, well at least in the same breakroom with guys who are making so much less than even me as a Class 2 east agent. We have new fulltime guys who make more than the 3 year guys on the west. We need a deal that gets us more money but may not address all the issiues we want.
I would like to see an agreement that wont require and extension or at least a shorter extension.
We all see the differing opinons here however I do feel the east hubs and class 1 cities dont fully understand what we have been thru or are dealing with. I dont want to give away the store here but we need to somehow get an agreement that makes sense.

First of all from the earlier therad I want everyone to understand That Im an east agent working in a duel station, of east and west workers. So I see both sides of this group.
We all see the differing opinons here however I do feel the east hubs and class 1 cities dont fully understand what we have been thru or are dealing with. I dont want to give away the store here but we need to somehow get an agreement that makes sense.

I couldn't agree more. I too work in a station that has east and west ( sort of ). My beef is also the injustice that west has to indure. We can rehash the Sec-6 but I'm tired of that. We can rehash the 60 day rule , but tired of that also. The west losing vac. The senior west losing $$. People that have not had a raise in seven years, I think. Do you think they should take the POS east contract?

You see it all comes back full circle to the IAM Negotiators. They thought they had us by the B.lls. Come to find out our B.lls were bigger than they thought because we had a network of information. Hell, some of the regular posters never really understood what the East went thru when our stations closed untill Aug of last year! Now they are getting a taste of what their company is all about.

How can a company complain about cost neutral when they have differences in starting pay from station to station. PHX $9, SAN $8.20, SJC $13...WTF ?
I know they have GEO but GEEEZZZ. Should be same work/same pay. Cost of Living? well thats each individuals problem to fix.

Yes there are alot of different opinions but the present team is letting us down....
They forgot that Unions were Negotiators 1st and Politicians 2nd.
They have grown so much, that they've forgotten where they came from.

I say, no more...........can I change that?....( probably not )

Can the New Direction Team change that? Thats what I'm hoping for......You know why?....because they're not Politicians yet...When they do become politicians then they run the same risk as Team 0000. ( no I didn't leave out any numbers )

Solidarity

Thank You Sir,

First, a thanks to ''road trip'' for the ad about ''raid'' we need to put names on the
characters...that would be nice.

Now, I just recieved my ''Messenger'' and I'd like to quote some of our pres.'s (canale)
report.

''The negotiating committee is aware that the previous tenative agreement was not acceptable
to the membership. It is our goal to improve upon that agreement so we can move forward as
a unified work force with fair and equitable wages, improved benifits, secure pensions and job
security for everyone with no more sacrifice involved.''

This being said....what ? The agreement was not acceptable by the membership. This agreement
should have never been presented and that is why your job is now being threatened. This TA should
have not included one, one concession. We were and are in a bankrupt agreed practically forced
agreement. The TA should have shown upgrades in all facits of what we currently have. The fact that
our NC didn't see this is a shame, thier $100,000 ++ salaries complicate thier outlooks on the
struggling employee they were elected or appointed to represent ( not happy with appointments).
I did not put ''no more sacrifice involved '' in bold the article has it that way. That should have
been the mantra from the get.

''To achieve our stated goal, the membership's solidarity is the most important element to our success
in providing contract improvements to all IAM members in these negotiations.
If we can stand together, we can accomplish our goals. If the membership is divided, US Airways wins.

Now, I agree a members solidarity is crucial in standing as a whole and not as a individual but the whole is made from the individuals in agreement for thier common goal.
The thought that the membership is divided is a lie.
We are still dues paying members and we only question the leadership not the IAM as
a whole. This reeks of a ''you need me'' statement. We are certainly not divided in our intent, we sit thinking who it is that would represent us best and so far not you. This is similar to when in certain
situations when you need a spokesman you ask,'' who should talk for us '' and based upon that we
ask that person to address our concerns on our behalf now when that person becomes to friendly
with them were trying to come to an agreement with, they tend to lose thier way. They become easily
taken off course by money, power and greed and when that occurs we (the dues paying members) regroup and seek a different voice, same concerns but a different voice who hasn't been tarnished and in that we need to remain UNION, which we are and seek the better voice. The membership is not, I repeat not divided in fact it has become more a whole. We all seek the same justice, not divided as Canale has suggested.

Long post but Thanks

(Thanks for reopenin’ our thread Edward)

All ya’ll gotta understand... we literally fightin’ for our very livelihood here...
that’s why, sometimes thangs get heated in regards tah upcomin’ IAM negotiations
'n posters start buttin' heads.

We ahh matter ah days from reenterin’ talks with tha company.

MF… you know where we stand…Good COC…DOH…Industry standard wages ‘n benefits.

Thank's Orioleman, Mike33, Roadtrip, 'n all others fer havin' my back !

Stay solid East ‘n West members! We’ll see this thang through!

I will call someone on the N/C and ask them to bring that up for US!!!
Thanks, This issue has been on the table since the last T/A. The problem is that they were only looking to eliminate the 60 day rule for those furloughs that may happen after the T/A, excluding those with recall rights currently on furlough.

Which locals are left to vote? I know SAN is the 26th. The timing couldn't be better because the NEG continue on the 26th.

Mike,
This is the schd. I have seen

Lodge 1445 EWR Monday 2/26
Lodge 846 BWI Tuesday 2/26
Lodge 2765 SAN Tuesday 2/26
Lodge 1018 LGA Thursday 2/28
Lodge 561 MCI Thursday 2/28

Thats all folks and then its on to June National Election vote.

I am excited to finally have a upcoming voting choice on the leadership and direction of this district . This is something Canale and his Canalites NEVER wanted you and me to have. Canale and band of Storm Troopers always talk Democracy in this Union but as long as its done to keep there sorry excuses for leaders in office. They will do and say anything to keep themselves in office, they flew into stations this month to try to intimindate and scare the membership because there records as leaders is dismal to say the least. They have stayed in hotels at your expense Ate and Drank at your expense all the while campaigning to save there jobs. (That seems unethical and damn illegal!)

I can't wait to cast my vote and express my true democratic choice in voting these bums outta office.
I encourge the last cities in this month to send a strong message you have a 2 choices

1) To do nothing saying go ahead Canale and Crew Screw us some more.

2) Or take the time go to your union hall by sending a clear message by Nominating and voting A New Direction for your lodges endorsement.

Hold Canale and Canalites Acountable Nominate and Vote A New Direction

mike33,
"Yes there are alot of different opinions but the present team is letting us down....
They forgot that Unions were Negotiators 1st and Politicians 2nd.
They have grown so much, that they've forgotten where they came from."

mike very good insight.. You are 100% correct on that.

I personally know one of the NEW neg and HE doesn't drink the Kool-Aid ..(michelobe I believe)... so HE will be fighting

for us the lowly ramper. H*ll he is a ramper..

Does anyone think that canoli will re-open the concession stand to compensate the company for any improvements to the last T/A? :blink: I for one think that he will. Then put a spin on it that to get something you have to give something. To me this is BS. If the company wants to be a player in the coming months, with all the talks of consolidation, bring a fair T/A to the table. If not, canoli should, but wont, tell the company to shove it. IMO he has no sack when it comes to the company. I still would like to know why our dues have gone up, while our pay has gone down? I think that the IAM, at least D141, should have backed a Republican. Since they seem to be so pro-company, and anti-labor. And to blame the current administration for being pro company, please, canoli is the biggest company kiss-a*% there is. A bit of advice for anybody pro canoli, please no more about how much oil is, the company tells us daily, no more about the economy, we can see that on the news, no more about our company's finacial future, everybody here at US/HP know it. Tell us that you are actually fighting for us, not against us. We are not divided as you may think. We are solid like never before. NO MORE "COST NEUTRAL" CRAP O.K. We are not buying that BS anymore.

The opening moves are ending and y'all are entering the middle game. Be aware of what the end game will look like, should you be able to move the game that far (The Canalites and the company will move heaven and earth to stop you now).

In the end game, the company will be in "dire straits" (the company can create that appearance at will) and you will be presented with an unsatisfactory agreement. You will be told, take the deal or the company will go chapt 7.

Y'all need to prepare the membership to call the bluff.

PJ,
"Tell us that you are actually fighting for us, not against us. We are not divided as you may think. We are solid like never before. NO MORE "COST NEUTRAL" CRAP O.K. We are not buying that BS anymore."

PJ you and I know They can't do that . They can only say what the BOSS wants them to say . So don't hold your breath waiting

for that , you might turn green. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts