IAM topic of the week

Status
Not open for further replies.
You and many others have such an overwhelming sense of entitlement that even when given breaks, you don't see them as special treatment. One more time... if labor wasn't given special treatment, there would be NO CBA's on premise and pay would be probably half, and if you did not like it, then turn in your badge.

So Proclaims Jester.

All you speak of is past tense....That was then and this is now
Entitlement?....maybe.....
You can't see the ramp thru the cubicals....u r management!

Jester,

I disagree. The company could have added millions to the ask, and Mitchell probably would have granted it. There was no legal or contractual (what the hell, it was abrogated!) bottom to the ask.

I'd surmise the company calculated the bottom as the least they could get away with without the troops walking out en masse.

This, versus the calculation of really cutting costs, the costs of operational disruption, the costs of retraining, etc.

Of course, the company probably slapped themselves on the forehead when it was all done and over, thinking "Darn, we could have gotten more!" Given how easily D141 bent over for them.

GE was a major vendor for US and according to your scenario, in a less favored position than employees.

Ya think they went backwards as far as employees? Of course they didn't.

DL141 Election Update: BWI

NEW DIRECTION TEAM WINS BWI.

BWI goes with Rich Delaney and wins all positons that we were nominated on except DZ won his trustee position by 1. A real shabby job by the BWI Local as they dragged the meeting out and alot of our guys had to leave. We still had the numbers though but unfortunately the Local Prez is a real work of art and disallowed all of our nominations for 4 year AGC's. Thanks to all the BWI workers who showed up and a special thanks to J who did the nominations for NEW DIRECTIONS.

I personally like this one as DZ is on record through the "Team 2008" private email list [intercepted by 'key people'] as calling me a 'piece of crap' and a 'malcontent'. I may be a piece of crap but it still isn't nice for him to say such things. Glad to have his station on board with the NEW DIRECTION. Sorry DZ.

At any rate, a pattern has developed from the beginning of the month. The Team 2008 members can't come through in their own station. This explicitly means that those who know them don't think much of them. These 'Ream 2008" members are good at BS'ing in other stations but their own station knows their game.

As the nomination process comes to a close this week, among our strongest stations are stations that have "REAM 2008" slate members. A pleasant surprise indeed.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM local Chairman, 1487, Chciago

The NC walking out of the meeting today in Philadelphia is what should be expected.
The company along with Canale(iam) have been dragging thier feet knowing that the
current agreement expires in 09'. The West should have been under agreement for awhile
now and this allows the company more time to get away with the wages they are currently
paying for another 2 years at least. The IAM should stand up and make the company and thier
own NC accountable for poor representation at best. The union should put the company on notice
directly that if they want to play with peoples' livelyhoods, expect reprucussions. The time to act
has passed and now sits waiting for us to move on it. Replacing Canale in June is one step but
we should be walking in that direction already. We need to start showing this company
our value and they need to realize our position.

This is what happened and is not rumor or opinion. Today in Phl the NC stopped
the meeting and left.

Thanks

Fleet Prospective T/A Question:

Is they anybody out there who will make ahh statement, in writin’ in front ahh this online audience regardin’ tha followin’ question?

Should tha US Airways, Fleet Service Classification, agree to… or ratify, any future collective bargaining agreement, that is less than what is considered to be legacy carrier industry standards…and if so, why?

I'll extend this question to Mr. Canale as well....

I’m sure Mr. Nelson will gladly outline exactly whut legacy industry standards are if needed.

P.S Ms. Shocker.... check out "my" profile photo... it'll be comin' tahh a T-shirt near yew ! :D

The NC walking out of the meeting today in Philadelphia is what should be expected.
The company along with Canale(iam) have been dragging thier feet knowing that the
current agreement expires in 09'. The West should have been under agreement for awhile
now and this allows the company more time to get away with the wages they are currently
paying for another 2 years at least. The IAM should stand up and make the company and thier
own NC accountable for poor representation at best. The union should put the company on notice
directly that if they want to play with peoples' livelyhoods, expect reprucussions. The time to act
has passed and now sits waiting for us to move on it. Replacing Canale in June is one step but
we should be walking in that direction already. We need to start showing this company

Thanks

You guys need to stop spreading this type of rumor just to stir things up.
There is no info from the IAM about such an action so until we have real facts stop please.

I heard that the IAM walked out of talks with the company today in PHL over the fleet service contract.It seems that the company doesn't think that the ramp workers should make as much as the inside workers.Anyone hear anything ?

One thing the westies do not relize, those on the east have dealt with "big al" for alot of years. He (as the company neg.) with the help of Mr. Canale (oops didn't mean to use mr.) have treated the us f/s agents like trash. I'm starting to wonder if the 2 of them really think the term RAMP RATS is actually what we are, ugly,digusting, low life, trash eating rodents. They are definetly not thinking of us as a valuable part of this whole mess they call an airline. I'm glad that the nc team walked out this morning. From what I hear from that meeting the company had complete disrespect for ALL of US rampers, EAST and WEST. Maybe the nc team thought that walking out would mend some wounds they have opened with their fellow BROTHERS and SISTERS, NOT. Nobody likes change, but now is the time for change with our leadership. The company needs to see that they can't throw the left overs to the RAMP RATS any more. Thanks Tim for keeping everyone informed on how the NEW DIRECTION team is kicking Canale and boys a##'s from station to station, US and UA.

I suspect a direct correlation between the walkout and Canale's tenuous hold on power. He can't afford to piss y'all off any more than you already are. He's hoping he can BS his way thru this, and a crappy offer is not conducive to BS.

The company probably went along with it behind the scenes - they don't want to damage a valuable team player.

This is what happened and is not rumor or opinion. Today in Phl the NC stopped
the meeting and left.

Thanks

I believe the NC went back to neg as of 1800 PST

Is there an update on SAN nominations? Does anyone know who EWR LL1445 went with yesterday? Thanks for the update on BWI.

I suspect a direct correlation between the walkout and Canale's tenuous hold on power. He can't afford to piss y'all off any more than you already are. He's hoping he can BS his way thru this, and a crappy offer is not conducive to BS.

The company probably went along with it behind the scenes - they don't want to damage a valuable team player.
I think your hunch is right on the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts