IAM Mech. & Related thread

What do you think about the Tentative Agreement with IAM M&R?

• Yes I am for it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am undecided

• No I will vote against it

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
675 is the total amount for ALL east.

ONE SIDED as usual. IAM fleet doesn't seem to thrilled with your remarks on their thread also. Just an observation.

675 will be the total for east and west for base only if the TA passes. There has never been a number for line. Our current line scope clause protects the line mechs to maintain the amount of aircraft the company operates.

And I could care less what the fleet say, they aint riding on my coat tail. I spent 21 straight months of my life to get my A&P. How long did they go to school to learn how to load an airplane?? 0 MONTHS

To me this increase is a good start to where we need to be.

"The company doesn't consider the mechanics as skilled labor?" Is that for real? What a bunch of bull from the company if that is how they feel. If that doesn't qualify for skilled labor then I dont know what does..

How does this help the rank and file???

14. Article 13 (Transportation). Will apply to West employees on the Transition Date.
Effective the Transition Date the Company will provide Space Positive Travel to Company Employees and Retirees on permanent full-time union business as follows:
The Company will authorize reasonable space positive travel (on a self-book basis) for up to five (5) union officials, providing that:
• Such officials are employees or retirees of the Company,
• Are on full time union leave, and
• Where the majority of their Union duties are related to the Company.
Such space positive travel is only authorized where the purpose of the travel is all or
substantially all related to the Company. Space positive travel is not authorized for
commuting, or any union business including but not limited to training and union
conventions. Officials authorized space positive travel will be required to complete a
monthly summary (no later than 10 days from the close of the previous business month)
detailing all space positive travel in the applicable month.

Vote NO
Why would anyone approve of this? Employees should not have to worry about getting bumped by any union offical (iam, alpa, afa, cwa ). Travel is a benefit for all employees given by the airline (any airline), not a bargining chip.

If this isn't shirt tail riding on the back or the worker nothing is.

18. Article 17 (General and Miscellaneous). Will apply to West employees on OEI.
Effective no later than OEI amend the CBA as follows:
• All employees will transition to the current West uniform policy no later than OEI. Any initial costs associated with a change in uniforms will be borne by the Company.

And what is that policy? I feel like i'm about to lose the shirt off my back.

• Shift swaps will be changed to a minimum of twenty six (26) per calendar quarter.

Any agreement that leaves it open for one more member to lose his/her job is completely unacceptable. Reguardless of what the $ per hour gain is to the individual.

19. Article 18 (Wage Rates). The longevity steps and pay scales as found on Attachment C will become effective the first day of the first pay period following ratification of this Agreement. In no case will a West employee suffer a reduction in their current hourly base pay rate as a result of transitioning to the East pay scale.
• Effective the first day of the first pay period following ratification, current pay scales will be increased by 10%.
• The IAM agrees that it irrevocably waives and thus will not be eligible for any future profit sharing payments. It also agrees that such future monies that would otherwise have been due to the IAM under the profit sharing program will not be paid to the IAM and instead will be retained by the Company and will not be available for distribution for profit sharing to any other employee groups.

This is good can't argue against a raise. Not sure if it will carry the rest of this POS.

22. Article 21 (Retirement). Will apply to all employees on May 5, 2008. On that date the employer contribution to the current 401k/Retirement Plans (3% DC East, 2% East 401k match and 3% West 401k match) for Mechanic and Related and Stock Clerk employees is frozen from new Company contributions for East and West employees.

Another big NO, I like my 5% right where it is, where I can control it.
Article 18 gives me 10%, Article 21 takes 5%.
This is the deal killer for me.

• Amend Article 21 of CBA effective May 5, 2008, to replace current 401k/Retirement Plans and Company match with IAM National Pension Plan at the following rates:
o $1.60 per hour effective May 5, 2008, and $2.00 per hour effective January 3, 2011
for all planners, mechanics and higher classifications in accordance with plan rules.
o $1.10 per hour effective May 5, 2008, and $1.45 per hour effective January 3, 2011
for all stock clerk classifications in accordance with plan rules.
o $.85 cents per hour effective May 5, 2008, and $1.05 per hour effective January 3,
2011 for all utility classifications in accordance with plan rules.

Very nice rates.

• Employees may continue to participate in the voluntary employee contribution 401k plan.

A-Enima, real senior mechanic if you can go out drinking on a saturday night. Not that I condone a cocktail or three, just figure your off on sat/sun. Makes sense now why your pushing this TA.

I on the other feel it must be fair across the board for the whole group. No need to rush for a TA now when you can wait for the whole enchilada in 09'!

If this isn't shirt tail riding on the back or the worker nothing is.[/b]

18. Article 17 (General and Miscellaneous). Will apply to West employees on OEI.
Effective no later than OEI amend the CBA as follows:
• All employees will transition to the current West uniform policy no later than OEI. Any initial costs associated with a change in uniforms will be borne by the Company.

ARTICLE 32
UNIFORMS
32.1 New-hire employees or employees transferring into the bargaining unit shall be required to purchase their own initial uniform. The initial set of uniforms shall consist of one (1) jacket (with removable liner) and shirts, T-shirts, shorts and trousers such that the employee has a set of clothing for each day the employee he is regularly assigned to work in a week. The employee may choose a coverall or jumpsuit in lieu of the shirt and trousers/shorts.

32.2 The Company shall issue rainsuits to all employees and parkas to employees who are regularly assigned to work outside where winter temperatures regularly fall below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.

32.3 Employees are responsible for keeping their uniforms clean and in good repair.

32.4 The Company shall replace uniform items (with the exception of rainsuits, jackets or parkas) as necessary on an annual basis. The Company will replace rainsuits, jackets or parkas as necessary every two years. The Company may, in its sole discretion, replace damaged uniform items more frequently. The Company shall not be responsible for replacing uniforms damaged by negligence or misuse by the employee.

32.5 Employees must return to the Company uniform items purchased by the Company upon separation of employment, or transfer out of the bargaining unit. Parkas must additionally be returned if an employee is reassigned to a work location no longer requiring their use.

A-Enima, real senior mechanic if you can go out drinking on a saturday night. Not that I condone a cocktail or three, just figure your off on sat/sun. Makes sense now why your pushing this TA.

I on the other feel it must be fair across the board for the whole group. No need to rush for a TA now when you can wait for the whole enchilada in 09'!

In case you haven't read your contract (AGAIN), we do get swaps off and dats. :rolleyes: And what is your definition of senior. A guy with 19.5 years plus will get Fri/Sat off in the cle hangar on 2nd sh.

Your crazy if you think anything will be settled in 2009. We are still stuck with the RLA. :down:

Cost Neutral seems to be the KEY, if i gain here what did i lose there?

If we gain 10% upfront, we lose profit sharing.

Give us back our shift differential ----- what did we lose?

Vacation, holidays to be earned at a later date.

What we to give up for the space positive travel??
What is in it for m&r to lose the CIC language??

Future Base Maint. numbers mean nothing without a current number.

Here are some simple future earning calculations for an A&P mechanic if the TA is approved.
You would have to be an A&P working in either line, base or engine shop.

1st sh mech 2nd sh mech 3rd sh mech

2008 (39 weeks) + $4,477 + $5,272 + $5,382
2009 (52 weeks) + $7,592 + $8,652 + $8,798
2010 (52 weeks) + $10,296 + $11,356 + $11,502
2011 (52 weeks) + $12,020 + $13,083 + $13,228

TOTAL INCREASE: $34,387 $38,363 $38,900

An A&P mechanic at Usairways will make $54,475 bucks for 2008 status quo and $56,513 for 2009, if this goes thru we will be up to OVER $67,000 bucks a year at the end.

I personally, with the economy the way its going (thanks to you DUBYA supporters), and oil over $100 bucks a barrel, can't say no. The numbers don't lie.

Any gains that you get in wages were paid by benefits that were given up - there is no raise it is only shifting pockets. This is Parker's "0" Cost Contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back