IAM Mech. & Related thread

What do you think about the Tentative Agreement with IAM M&R?

• Yes I am for it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am undecided

• No I will vote against it

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You forget one thing, the 401K is money out of your pocket, a DBP is not.

where do you think the money is coming from that goes in the IAM pension it is the same money the company was putting in our 401k and that is our money. and while you are showing your face on the board there 700 remember all the bull you were talking about how the teamsters were giving away awa's heavy checks ( that were sent out before they were on property ) well what in the hell is your wounderful IAM doing? allowing the company to send out 50%. the IAM has confermed that they are in bed with the company! what a union!!!!! I hope you are injoying eating all those lies you where spreading around. this union is selling us out on a cost neutral contract. and I love this stone age type off vote that is not convenient for people to vote its time to wake up to the 21st century!

They couldnt get the heavy checks in-house, heck they couldnt even get you a new CBA for three years.

Your own money goes into the 401k, if you dont contribute you dont get the company match.

Ask Enron, WorldComm, Adlephia and US workers about what happened to their 401ks, look at the stock market and see how it is affecting the 401ks.

Even if they send out 50% of the work it is still more than what HP does in-house.

And that brings more work back, right now they can farm out all the 757s, A330s, 767s, and 50% of the 737s, and all of the HP Planes, that brings more work back, look at the numbers, and that includes bring back the shop work, that is now outsourced too, it is based on total dollars.

It is not cost neutral, everyone gets a raise, a DBP and brings work back, how is it cost neutral?

And provides job security.

Right now US has 93 A319s, 75 A320s, 28 A321s, 9 A330s, 55 737-300s, 40 737-400s, 43 757s, 10 767s and 11 E190s.

Right now all the West planes are outsourced so I dont know the exact breakdown, so can anyone tell us how many are West planes?

Right now the East can farmout all the 757s, all the 330s, 767s and 757s, until I get the West #s we can do a full breakdown of which would bring more work inhouse, I would suspect the TA would acomplish that and not the way it is now.

Your own money goes into the 401k, if you dont contribute you dont get the company match.

Ask Enron, WorldComm, Adlephia and US workers about what happened to their 401ks, look at the stock market and see how it is affecting the 401ks.

Ask the questions at the pension meetings. They are having these because the IAM is having a hard time convincing us what is best for us. They know best for us, just ask them.
1 - Only 5 year gaurantee for payouts to a single employyee, heirs get nothing. Figure that out if the money went to a 401k. Of course many people care less if they are single and get nothing in return for their contributions(yes it is their their contribution as the company contribution was our money). If thats the case with a 401 at 5 years you could probably increase by 4 or 5 times your monthly income.
2 - Why did the payouts decrease so drastically for the post April 2003 employee vs the pre April 2003 retirees (in the plan description handout page 14)
3 - As far as the mentioned companies it is apples to oranges, our 401 DOES NOT contribute to US Airways stock unless you elect through the brokerage side.
4 - The co match is an excellent means to encourage employees to contribute to and boost their own retirement savings.Withou the match most younger employees tend not to contribute.
5 - If your wife is younger than you, you will take a hit on your monthly income.
Forewarned is forarmed

Would somebody please ask an IAM NPF rep at all of the meetings this question. Would you advise your family to or would you forfeit a company paid 5% 401k match for enrollment into the IAM NPF as we the IAM members and employees of US are being asked to do? I won't be at any of the meetings but would like to hear what is said. CAUTION replies to this question from an IAM NPF rep may cause your head to explode.

Ask the questions at the pension meetings. They are having these because the IAM is having a hard time convincing us what is best for us. They know best for us, just ask them.
1 - Only 5 year gaurantee for payouts to a single employyee, heirs get nothing. Figure that out if the money went to a 401k. Of course many people care less if they are single and get nothing in return for their contributions(yes it is their their contribution as the company contribution was our money). If thats the case with a 401 at 5 years you could probably increase by 4 or 5 times your monthly income.
2 - Why did the payouts decrease so drastically for the post April 2003 employee vs the pre April 2003 retirees (in the plan description handout page 14)
3 - As far as the mentioned companies it is apples to oranges, our 401 DOES NOT contribute to US Airways stock unless you elect through the brokerage side.
4 - The co match is an excellent means to encourage employees to contribute to and boost their own retirement savings.Withou the match most younger employees tend not to contribute.
5 - If your wife is younger than you, you will take a hit on your monthly income.
Forewarned is forarmed

Also if you don't contribute to the the 401k you still get the base contibution which is going to be given to the company if TA gets voted in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts