IAM topic of the week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word on how the negotiations went today?

Your District 141 - US Airways Negotiating Committee will return to the bargaining table on February 26th, 27th, 28th, 2008 in Philadelphia, PA.

This next negotiation session could very well determine the final outcome of these transition negotiations.

Your District Lodge Negotiation Committee is determined to bring these discussions to a fair and equitable conclusion for all members we represent.

We will keep you advised as our discussions with US Airways proceeds.

Sincerely and Fraternally,

I believe the NC went back to neg as of 1800 PST
That is not correct. There was a rumor spread by BC up towards one of his stations that carried like widlfire, heard PF spread it too. It is not correct though. No negotiations took place after the NC walked out. To a man, even Canale, agreed it wasn't worth going back to negotiate this evening since AH was utterly and completely disrespectful towards its rampers. I applaud all of them.

Basically the company wanted to merge the west in with the east but not give the west the east pay until sometime later. This would have also created a potential job loss of over 1,000 workers from the west. A complete waste of time and the entire negotiations team was in unity in walking off. To the masses, the political pressure placed on Canale is working and keeping him from pulling the trigger on another less than adequate contract.

I think it would be useful if the NC put out the company offer to the rank and file so the members can really know what the company thinks of them. The company been running its mouth in breakrooms about how much it cares about you but on paper, the words say otherwise. I also think the company should be thinking about replacing AH at this time.

Stay strong, stay solid. The things we are fighting for don't happen overnight. First step is establishing respect.

regards,

Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Tim,

That was one of the takeaway line from the movie, 'Necessary Roughness'.

"You must respect us."

That is not correct. There was a rumor spread by BC up towards one of his stations that carried like widlfire, heard PF spread it too. It is not correct though. No negotiations took place after the NC walked out. To a man, even Canale, agreed it wasn't worth going back to negotiate this evening since AH was utterly and completely disrespectful towards its rampers.

Basically the company wanted to merge the west in with the east but not give the west the east pay until sometime later. This would have also created a potential job loss of over 1,000 workers from the west. A complete waste of time and the entire negotiations team was in unity in walking off. To the masses, the political pressure placed on Canale is working and keeping him from pulling the trigger on another less than adequate contract.

I think it would be useful if the NC put out the company offer to the rank and file so the members can really know what the company thinks of them. The company been running its mouth in breakrooms about how much it cares about you but on paper, the words say otherwise. I also think the company should be thinking about replacing AH at this time.

Stay strong, stay solid. The things we are fighting for don't happen overnight. First step is establishing respect.

regards,

Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

"the company wanted to merge the west in with the east but not give the west the east pay until sometime later. This would have also created a potential job loss of over 1,000 workers from the west."

If that statement is true, things will very ugly and we the west will make sure that the koolaid drinkers that we are not playing games and we will be heard in many forms!!!

We must Stay Strong!!! Brothers and sisters

Guys, why the hell aren't we on a slowdown yet? Its high time we start doing something drastic.

Lets all start making flights go out like 30 minutes late because we load slow. Lets start missing bags. Lets make CHAOS
Sickouts wont work either. Half of us call in sick daily in PHX anyways, They plan on it by staffing extra agents.

Is there an update on SAN nominations? Does anyone know who EWR LL1445 went with yesterday? Thanks for the update on BWI.

DL141 Officer Election Update: EWR, SAN

SAN has a runoff of most positions and will be determined next month. Basically the SAN USAIRWAYS guys had to stay over because of a CLT flight on MTR so the NEW DIRECTION team lost some support, however enough support was still there to force runoffs for practically all the positions.

EWR {USair} Went to Team 2008.

As aside, many have emailed me and asked me why we continue to try to get more nominations since we only needed 4 and we already have dominated with nominations representing over 70% of the membership.

The NEW DIRECTIONS team decided at the beginning that even though we didn't have the resources that Team Canale has, we would still try to reach out to all stations even if we didn't need them to get on the ballot. Our campaign is one of inclusiveness. The alternative would have been to get our major nominations from all the hubs [which we did], skip out on the last week of nominations, and disrespect the small stations by not even recognizing their support. That would have been impermissible for us, that's not how we operate. To that end, we have been successful in getting many small stations to carry our nominations and we are counting on their support this June. The bigger the vote this June, the bigger the solidarity.

Further, those stations that supported Canale in June, if any, will still be respected by the NEW DIRECTION team once the NEW DIRECTION wins. Instead of pissing on stations or people who disagree with us or supported Canale, we must still include them and allow them to participate in this union for solidarity purposes. Their participation is definately welcome and this would make us a better more solid union. The alternative would be the same as what Canale has done over the years. He has continuously pissed on those, bad mouthed, write letters about, his own members who have not agreed with him. He has done this to so many that he is left with a bunch of eunichs....and they haven't helped his weaknesses nor provided good represetation to the masses.

regards,
Tim Nelson
Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Let me make sure that DP promised that he will take care of the west, and right now he is telling us to all bend over and give it to us with out lube.

We need to let DP know that he is full of lies

Guys, why the hell aren't we on a slowdown yet? Its high time we start doing something drastic.

Lets all start making flights go out like 30 minutes late because we load slow. Lets start missing bags. Lets make CHAOS
Sickouts wont work either. Half of us call in sick daily in PHX anyways, They plan on it by staffing extra agents.

Would this be a better idea? instead of making things go out late, but start refuseing mail and freight all together, load bags only.

The company want on time they will get it, minus mail and freight

Im open to any suggestions, and I love yours could be right. There are no reprecussions for refusing cargo.
Ill be team lead very soon, Ill think of creative things to do once im proficcent in Sabre

Every piece of cargo over 200 pounds is supposed to have a heavy sticker. Look for it, or it's absence.

The shocker,
"Best contract in the industry on its way for US. It will turn all you so called Canale haters into Canale lovers. C'mon you know you guys like him."

Hmmmm he can't even get the company to take him seriously . (hince the walk out of neg 20 mins in) so HOW do you propose

he could ever get just a DECENT contract.

dream on

Tim, thanks for the updates. Do you know if this has ever happened before? I mean an opposing slate getting their min 4 stations. If so, what has been the most stations to nominate an opposing slate and what has been the outcome?

Im open to any suggestions, and I love yours could be right. There are no reprecussions for refusing cargo.
Ill be team lead very soon, Ill think of creative things to do once im proficcent in Sabre

Just remember when you are team lead....you have the min/max weights for both bins.......do what you must and have a safe flight

View attachment 7228

sonofsamsonite

Solidarity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts