IAM Mech. & Related thread

What do you think about the Tentative Agreement with IAM M&R?

• Yes I am for it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am undecided

• No I will vote against it

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our station had our info meeting

10% up front is a great incentive, because future profit sharing looks dim.

But iampf takes away $52 a week from me.
They should've left our 5% alone and had the company get us in @ $1.60 and the rest as proposed.

The CIC is deleted, without the membership being compensated.

Vacation not worth a cent today. (everyone must wait for it)
Everyone gets a week or NO.

Holidays west loses, east insulted by crumbs.
Everyone gets 10 or NO.

Positive space travel for union officals, what a joke.
Its a company benefit not a union benefit, it will always get my NO vote.
Positive space travel is nothing but self serving, and walking on the backs of those you CLAIM TO REPRESENT.

I agree with an earlier post that pointed out that the company gets what they want at signing as does the union officials, but the rank and file have to wait three years for their's to kick in. But that's O.K. ?

And it's funny how you get a raise and a five percent paycut (pension) at the same time. Most will never get anything from it. But the international can upgrade their private jet.

What were these guys doing all this time? Negotiating? Eighteen holes, eating good, hanging in the bar waiting on the girls to show up?

"excuse me but I was on the committee that had the IAM pension plan presented to us, and it was presented as a 48.2 million concession. The math was pretty simple.
401k= up to 10% company contributions + company contributions on overtime also.
IAM Pension = 5% for full time or 3% part-time + zero company contributions for overtime hours."

So the ?? is has the neg team given you guys a $$ amount as to what your giving up to go with the IAMPF.

also know one thing 700UW doesn't work for US anymore since he was bargained away during BK2.

so his interest are self serving ..............

Sorry wasnt bargained away, I was a stock clerk when I left US, and we as the NC never agreed to give up utility.

How many times does it have to be explained that there was never a T/A reached, the CBA was abrogated by Judge Mitchell and the company offered a Final Offer and the membership ratified it.

They are giving up the 401K match and a 3% DCP and getting a larger DBP.

"company offered a Final Offer and the membership ratified it."

the membership ratified it. so that means there must have been a vote.

and if you didn't lose your cake job. then WHY did you leave.

You speak about we as the NC committee but weren't you in truth the recording secretary of the NC committee ..

NOT a front line NEG.

This thread is about the IAM, not me.

Yes there was a vote and the membership ratified it, so we all had to live with it, myself I voted NO.

I did not have a cake job, I was not a full time IAM employee I flipped back and forth.

Nope, I was appointed to the NC by DL President William O'Driscoll and fully particpated in the talks, besides handiling all the communications from the Negotiations.

And also ran the ATL Ratification Q&A and the vote and participated in the CLT one also.

IAM Maintenance & Related Tentative Agreement FAQ’s

Q: Seeing how this is a transition agreement and not section 6, what is the outcome if this T/A gets voted down? We are voting only because of the time change and retirement, correct?

A: We are voting on the total T/A due to changes in retirement, contract extension and modifications to scope. If it is rejected the current agreement becomes amendable December 31, 2009. We would begin Section 6 negotiations in July of 2009.

Q: Many PIT guys are worried because PIT has been removed from the list of protected line maintenance stations. They feel like they may get bumped out.

A: The protected line stations have always been the largest stations. PIT was removed because it is no longer one of the largest. PHX and LAS are much larger.

Q: If I have plans to retire at age 44, how do pension funds get allocated to me? Am I susceptible to an early withdrawal penalty? Will I be eligible for any funds at all?

A: There are no plans we are aware of that allow you to retire at age 44. If you contributed to a 401k, the earliest you can draw on it would be 59 1/2 years of age.

To your question of “retiring†at 44 and collect funds at retirement (age 44) - the answer would be no. The only way money can be pulled out of Fidelity is as a “former†employee – active employees cannot remove money from Fidelity (other than as a loan) Former employees can remove the money, but they take a 10% penalty and are charged 33% taxes on the withdraw. We surely would not call that “retirementâ€â€¦â€¦.

Q: The West Related (administrative) employees currently get 7 fixed paid holidays and 2 floating holidays that are basically just used as vacation days. Are these 2 'floaters' going away?

A: Yes – you will receive the following holiday schedule:
2008 - west will have 7 holidays & 2 floaters
2009 - 8 holidays
2010 - 9 holidays
2011 - 10 holidays

Q: Do Mechanics that have left the company midyear get a share of the profit sharing???

A: If you left the company due to retirement, yes. If you resigned or were terminated, no, you will not be eligible for any profit sharing payments.

Q: The TA on page 12 bullet # 7 states: “The company shall maintain a minimum headcount of six-hundred and seventy five (675) active base maintenance lead mechanics, mechanics, inspectors, lead utility and utility employees combined." Why are the planners and stock clerk classifications not listed in this group???

A: The planners and stock clerks are there to support the mechanics, so as long as we have mechanics working we will have our other members that support them working. The stock clerks and planners will be needed to support the mechanics. We tried to get a “no furlough†for all classifications and the company would not agree to that. There is no airline in the USA that has a “no furlough†for any group that I am aware of. Stock clerk and planner job security is based on supporting the mechanics.

Q: Since we are now gaining a pension plan, are we losing the company funded (3%) savings plan that recently replaced our 401k? Where can I find information about the pension benefit? I am skeptical that it is as good as my current company funded (3%) savings plan which seems to be basically a continuation of the 401k I've been paying into and trusting for many years.

A: If the company is contributing 3%, I assume you are contributing at least 6%. The voluntary contribution will continue (at the employee's option), the company match (3%) will be replaced by the IAM National Pension Plan. Info on this plan can be found at www.iamnpf.org. There is also a link to the site from the Transition page on the district's website www.iamdl142.org.

Q: How will the pension work for the "old guy's� Less than 5 yrs left?

A: As long as you have 5 or more years with the company you will be vested and
start accruing pension plan credits on May 5, 2008. If the T/A is ratified.

Q: Why was the 737 lap joint work given away? All inspectors are trained. We also have the people and the experience and the hangar space to repair, if needed.

A: In the Interim agreement signed in November of 2006, we gave the company the right to outsource lap joint inspections for an equal amount of man-hours on the 50% out sourced 737 man hours and 757 checks that were outsourced. We also got a “no furlough†clause for all base maintenance mechanics. The reason the company wanted to outsource the work was. The A/C would ferry to be stripped, ferried back to CLT or PIT for the inspection and then ferried back to be painted and the vendor would not guarantee the paint job since the A/C had been flown.

Q: My current sick day benefit provides 10 fully paid 'sick days' per year. How is the new policy better than that? It seems to me like it encourages employees to come in with the colds, minor flues, etc and give them to everyone else when they might simply need 1 or 2 days off to get better.

A: We're not saying it's better or worse, it's what we have. The difference is you can use all the days you have saved days up to your total in your bank (200 max). When you leave the company, you can cash out up to 1200 hrs. The West accreted groups currently have a max of 10 days and no accrual while the West mechanics can currently accrue up to 40 days. The TA gives both groups the opportunity to accrue up to 200 days.

STD/LTD is still available till 1/1/09 for west

With 100 days (800 hrs) in bank, sick leave paid @ 100%

While there are small improvements in the current east policy, the committee
agreed an employee should be paid 100% if they accrued the time. The company did move on sick leave. The current agreement pays the first 5 days @ 50% unless the employee spends 5 days in hospital. The TA improved that to 3 days @ 50% unless the employee spends 1 day in hospital during that 3 day period or had 100 or more sick days in their bank. They will be paid at 100% under those conditions.

Q: Out of the almost-16-years I've been employed here, I needed STD once and know at least 2 others who also have. It is very unsettling to see this go away. What is replacing this benefit? If something unexpected happens, do we just sell our homes to pay bills and become destitute?

A: This was something we were unable to keep for all employees. We recognize the values of both plans and their differences. In the current agreement, the company does offer long term disability insurance. Below are the current rates for LTD coverage:

Plan
Coverage
Rate per pay period

Voluntary LTD w/90 Day Elimination
30% of Salary up to $3000.00 w/ 90 day elimination period $10.84
40% of Salary up to $3000.00 w/ 90 day elimination period $14.46
50% of Salary up to $3000.00 w/ 90 day elimination period $18.07
60% of Salary up to $3000.00 w/ 90 day elimination period $21.69

Voluntary LTD w/180 Day Elimination
30% of Salary up to $3000.00 w/ 180 day elimination period $4.68
40% of Salary up to $3000.00 w/ 180 day elimination period $6.24
50% of Salary up to $3000.00 w/ 180 day elimination period $7.80
60% of Salary up to $3000.00 w/ 180 day elimination period $9.37

OEI or EIEIO it's off to ???? we go. 2.5 years without an SIL! 2.5 years without a layoff? If it's job security that you seek status quo is the way to go. Vote NO. OEI=Operational Employee Integration and SIL=Seniority Integration List.

"Feel the Pain" to quote a previous Usair CEO, is what many of the very junior West Employee's will be feeling if this thing gets voted in!! Going to be ugly for those on the East also, but don't worry, I'm sure there will always be room for anybody who wishes to work in Philly!!! :down:

After reading the proposal and attending the meetings, have to say its going to be a big "NO" on this end. :down:

"Feel the Pain" to quote a previous Usair CEO, is what many of the very junior West Employee's will be feeling if this thing gets voted in!! Going to be ugly for those on the East also, but don't worry, I'm sure there will always be room for anybody who wishes to work in Philly!!! :down:

After reading the proposal and attending the meetings, have to say its going to be a big "NO" on this end. :down:

I agree, too much on the back end, too much pork for the IAM.

Drop the travel and CIC, let the pension be optional, 10 Holidays, another week vacation now.

Then it will pass

Status
Not open for further replies.