IBEW update

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want a union get one that understands. Go TWU or UTU. But what we will get is more chronyism, and a Union that is in over it's head in the airline industry.
The twu understands what? Please enlighten me as to what the twu understands other than licking the boots of the man and selling out its membership.

In the twu, you get a union whose top guy spent 6 years in AA management. :down:

GoldenRam94 wrote:
"Get used to it, you are a Bag Ape, and you make 36K a year without OT!

Nelson sez"
Lol. Yeah, that's what the IAM been telling us for 13 years, we are unskilled bag apes. I believe we are human beings with families that have more worth than either you, the company, or the IAm believes. That is the essance of the IBEW drive.

GoldenRam94 wrote: "With a new union you go back to square one."

Nelson Comments: There are NO negotiations going on and NOTHING ON THE TABLE. Tom Brickner said it best, when he said the following,

> To: Ted <mailto:[email protected]>
> Sent: Monday, October 22, 2007 6:37 AM
"....We are working on proposals now, and we intend to
> resume bargaining as soon as practically possible."
Tom

Still working on proposals? Who's we, does he have a Frog in his pocket? What proposals? Is there a screening committee? Tom's the main guy within the IAM, what is so impracticle about finally starting section 6's for the west right now?? Who's at the wheel sterring this ship??

The simple truth is that there aren't any proposals. The West had their section 6 negotiations shelved by the IAM. And as far as the east goes, the contract isn't up until 2009. It's a stall tactic as the only proposals will come from the COC and their actions to compromise it for IAM gain. There aren't any other proposals on the table. Now is the right time to change so section 6's can finally be continued where the TWU left off for the west, as the east prepares for section 6 negotiations in 2009.

The IAM isn't even on square one and isn't even in the batter's box. As Brickner said, they are still working on proposals and for 18 months they have been 'intending' to resume bargaining.

GoldenRam94 sez
"Rather than be men and stand tall against the IAM and force the changes that need to be made, you now have before this company a bunch of self-serving men who are trying to get the 100K jobs that they never got with the IAM."

Nelson sez, Ok, now we aren't men and we are self serving. So your argument quickly is reduced back down to personal attacks? The problem is that it is extremely difficult to make change under the DL bylaws. Workers tried to but the DL violated its own bylaws and the DOL found them guilty. The problem isn't that the IAM is a bad union, just that it is an awful union for fleet service at US AIRWAYS. It is rather useful at Boeing and United airlines and perhaps more useful for our mechanics than fleet service. But it hasn't listened to fleet service in 13 years and there is nothing convincing to change that. For instance, in PHL, only 2% vote the way Canale wants them to vote, but then Canale offered no apology even though 98% didn't support the contract in his own local. So the Local prez challenged him with the rank and file. Canale still didn't listen and now has apparently made attempts to remove the local prez. Further, the last TA was a 65% mandate intended 'towards' the company screaming from atop a hill that the contract was inequitable and not fair. But Canale puts his spin on it to cushion the company and he doesn't recognize it as a mandate against the company's position, and sez, "This was a vote for change of control."
IMO, Canale is committing treason against the members with such company inspiried actions. It is treason to keep this union!

GoldenRam94 sez
"The local president in PHL did a great thing when he stood up to Canale, but he went over the line when he brought the IBEW into it. Stand up for your rights first, then act like a baby. Because the IBEW movement today is just a bunch of crybabies who are looking for an easy way out FOR THEMSELVES. This is a war, and you are going about this in a manner similar to Hitler when he opened the second front on Russia in World War II!

Nelson sez:
The local prez stood up to Canale by standing up for his workers, NOT HIMSELF. He did this because his workers support him 99%. The one who is acting like a baby is the one who is now trying to remove him because he got his feelings hurt. You say 'this is a war"?????? You better tell that to the IAM because they haven't fought. True, it will be a war once fleet service fights for what it deserves but make no mistake, there is no war presently. Bottom line is that this company, nor any company will give the masses anything unless the masses fight for what is right. Further, there is no negotiations without involving the 'participation' of 8,000 members, and amazingly that actually scares the I Am Management union. Your racist comment speaks for itself so I will not respond to such ignorance.

GoldenRam94 sez
"If you walked into Dougie's office, he would tell you that he hopes the IBEW wins this thing. Because he knows that a new union on the property buys him 2-3 more years of the same work rules. "

Nelson sez:
Huh? I thought this whole organizing drive was the direct result of the IAM wanting to extend the bankrupcty work rules another 3 years? Nobody wants to extend the work rules another 3 years and that is precisely why the organizing drive started, i.e., the majority was in disagreement with Parker and Canale in wanting to extend a bankruptcy contract for 2-3 additonal years.

Alas your concluding statement is finally 'rooted out'. Your whole argument is not based on any case work, isnt based on any laws, nothing. And apparently you fail to recognize that your IAM itself wanted to extend bankruptcy work rules another 3 years.
Your opinion of knowing what's inside Dougie's mind is also bizarre and is meritless.
A new union on the property changes the current scene that Parker has found comfortable. To say that Parker is not comfortable with the IAM does serious harm to justice. The IAM was the only union to offer to eliminate an entire group from profit sharing. Not even the non-union on the property are so unlucky.
As far as work rules, that will be determined in section 6 negotiations, unfortunately, the work rules are in stone. As far as the west goes, "Brickner is still working on proposals"

GoldenRam94 sez:
"Is the IAM perfect? No, they suck, but rather than make the change necessary, you have allowed this to take place, and it has little to do with the TA,"

Nelson sez:
I have allowed this to take place? FWIW: If little ole me, one guy, has allow this and stymied the IAM, then how on earth is the IAM going to beat hemmingway???????
Further, this has EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE TA. The only ones that allowed such a garbage contract to be presented to the membership were the District leaders and some local chairman who supported them. This TA was offered up at a time of record profits, NOT BANKRUPTCY! It was dispicable, horrible, all of the above. It showed the 'true intentions' of the IAM and the TA was sent back to the company with a mandate that the IAM refused to recognize. The TA made the IBEW drive.

GoldenRam94 concluding remarks:

Nelson sez"
Lol. Yeah, that's what the IAM been telling us for 13 years, we are unskilled bag apes. I believe we are human beings with families that have more worth than either you, the company, or the IAm believes. That is the essance of the IBEW drive.

IBEW Update

Station Card Count

Get your station involved and email here

regards,

Okey Dokey dude!

So I will now ask for the 14th time.

Just how much are you hoping to make out of this deal?

I "eye" see the future of USAIR after we decert.

Attachments

• eye.gif
    eye.gif
    92.4 KB · Views: 188
Okey Dokey dude!

So I will now ask for the 14th time.

Just how much are you hoping to make out of this deal?
What deal? I thought you believed Roach and his babble? Roach said, "The IBEW is not conducting an organizing campaign."

At any rate,
GoldenRam94 concluding remarks:

Nelson sez"

regards,

I toss bags. No big deal. I have a bachelor degree in business admin. I cant find a job more than 36K without the stress. :up:
So I tough it out. :rolleyes:

700 Again you have the audacity to say we voted this cr*p in. We were hood winked into this mess by the IAM. They have never found a concessionary contract they didn't like! You are probably on their payroll. They must have given you those rose colored glasses for your Christmas bonus! The IAM has done nothing to curb the out right raping of these employees. Golden You believe the IAM suxs but do nothing about it! I have great respect for a man who will make a decision and not sit on a fence post! The problem with many is just like our neighborhoods no one wants to get involved they just want to b**** and complain! We are dying and a bunch of you want to attack people who want to see change for the better! If you don't want change that’s ok, vote IAM when the time comes to vote, But don't lie to these people. I have never once lied to them. The IAM has done nothing for this group they have given up in language, pay, benefits and the only thing they can defend themselves with is you will loose your pension! The fact that they refuse to listen to the group proves that they will never change. This means you will never be given a fair shake unless you can get their a**** out of office. The only problem with that is the bylaws prevent true elections. Also take a look at the fact that even after the contract that so many underlings signed off on was voted out by 64%. They still went on their road show to tell you the one that feels the pain you don't understand! Get real guys! You are either with the majority or you are against us. That is ok if you are against us but when the majority {the people} speaks for once the minority {IAM leadership} will have to listen! My hat is in with the hard working rampers not the money grabbing lackeys! Let’s stick together and do something about this tragic situation! VOTE IBEW!

I know that the IBEW is involved, I also realize that the likelihood of them ever getting on the property is slim to none. I also understand that there is a chance that these actions will lead to decertification. I just want others to recognize these facts and make sure that some folks do not lie to the workers, but as I can see through 8 pages of this thread, that there are a large number of folks who recognize the self serving fools on the board.

Tim, I will ask you for the 14th time.

How much money do you expect to make off the backs of the workers?

I know that the IBEW is involved, I also realize that the likelihood of them ever getting on the property is slim to none. I also understand that there is a chance that these actions will lead to decertification. I just want others to recognize these facts and make sure that some folks do not lie to the workers, but as I can see through 8 pages of this thread, that there are a large number of folks who recognize the self serving fools on the board.
Hey Gold,
I wouldnt call them "FOOLS" Come on!!!! They fight for what they believe in. Stop making it personal PLEASE>>>Everyone has a right. <_< Be nice
Thank you

Golden You believe the IAM suxs but do nothing about it! I have great respect for a man who will make a decision and not sit on a fence post! The problem with many is just like our neighborhoods no one wants to get involved they just want to b**** and complain!

But I also recognize a loser in the IBEW. You are more at risk with this corrupt union that knows nothing about the industry and will carry no weight. Rather than run from the problem you need to fix them, just like you said about neighborhoods. When they get bad you leave Folcroft for Ridley, and hope someday to afford Springfield, all the while you run from Folcroft. Just like you are running from the IAM!

Besides all that Dawg, some of the folks trying to run the IBEW campaign are self serving and see this as their way to get the 100K job that the IAM cut them out of.

Regards,

Hey Gold,
I wouldnt call them "FOOLS" Come on!!!! They fight for what they believe in. Stop making it personal PLEASE>>>Everyone has a right. <_< Be nice
Thank you

I am not trying to make it personal. Maybe the word fools was wrong, but the reality is, we have some people who are being less than honest with a workforce that is very vulnerable right now, and if the advice of the few is followed by the many, there is a great chance that we will be worse off, but nobody will tell you that, and if they do they get accused of being an IAM loyalist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts