IBEW update

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I also recognize a loser in the IBEW. You are more at risk with this corrupt union that knows nothing about the industry and will carry no weight. Rather than run from the problem you need to fix them, just like you said about neighborhoods. When they get bad you leave Folcroft for Ridley, and hope someday to afford Springfield, all the while you run from Folcroft. Just like you are running from the IAM!
Besides all that Dawg, some of the folks trying to run the IBEW campaign are self serving and see this as their way to get the 100K job that the IAM cut them out of.

Regards,
Again....Your not being nice to the residents of them townships. Again stop the personal attacks on the residents of the neighborhoods. All townships are nice. Be nice :up: Dont displace your anger towards others who think differently than you.Your targeting specific townships. Speak in general. Just like not naming names. Be nice.

Golden Do you know this as fact or do you just believe the trash Randy Canale puts out! He put out a paper saying the very thing you are saying.

We all sit here and post back and forth the ''this could happen'' or ''this
should happen'' or ''aren't you tired of this''.....but once again the bottom
line is , If you are not happy with where you are and what is going on around
you, then you have 3 options. If your happy or content with whats going on you
have no problems, but to the unhappy, you have.......

a.) Don't sign a card and stay IAM and try to change the leadership if you feel
you can, but remember we can only vote on our local officers. So we can get rid
of the lodge council but not Chandlee, Flynn, Canale, etc...These positions are
appointed and I ask you if you feel its' odd that after PIT votes out thier chair
steward, Canale appoints him to a position higher than that. If PIT didn't feel he
was doing a good job why does the IAM seem fit not to adhere to thier membership
and dictate who they feel PIT needs.When will the members have a voice., like in Phl
where they are attempting to oust our pres. without a membership vote.

b.)Sign a card for the IBEW, its' been talked about long enough and will continue to be
talked about but you know how I feel.

c.) Sign a card, because you don't want a union and this brings out the chance of a
decertification or an opportunity for the IAM and the IBEW to campain for your votes.
The third option being the one that gives you all 3 choices. Worst case scenario we become
decertified and lose our union, which I believe will not happen, mind you this is my opinion.
I believe with computer and phone voting along with traditional ballots we would not lose
representation. Best case scenario IBEW wins and we start to negotiate with a union not
not negotiating from a back seat, which I feel the IAM has been doing. We are no longer
in bankruptcy and post 9-11, we need a union to seek plus's not minus's. The PAST TA was
voted down and yet they still try to defend it...listen to the members. The IAM should have
brought back all plus's and I'm not being greedy, this current agreement was made in and
during bankruptcy. It isn't so good that we should have to give something back. This option
may also wake up the IAM to our plight should they campain and retain us as a workforce.

It seems easy to me, I signed, I seek to go a different direction and or wake up my AGC's.
The fear of decertification doesn't scare me and even if it did, I'd still sign. I can't continue
down this path without being heard. It's been to long.......

Thanks

We all sit here and post back and forth the ''this could happen'' or ''this
should happen'' or ''aren't you tired of this''.....but once again the bottom
line is , If you are not happy with where you are and what is going on around
you, then you have 3 options. If your happy or content with whats going on you
have no problems, but to the unhappy, you have.......
a.) Don't sign a card and stay IAM and try to change the leadership if you feel
you can, but remember we can only vote on our local officers. So we can get rid
of the lodge council but not Chandlee, Flynn, Canale, etc...These positions are
appointed and I ask you if you feel its' odd that after PIT votes out thier chair
steward, Canale appoints him to a position higher than that. If PIT didn't feel he
was doing a good job why does the IAM seem fit not to adhere to thier membership
and dictate who they feel PIT needs.When will the members have a voice., like in Phl
where they are attempting to oust our pres. without a membership vote.

Perseverance, that is a great post and cuts to the chase without any of the propganda that is going around.

We know Chandlee and Flynn well enough to get them to act properly, Armideo and Canale are only out for themselves and that was always the case. There are still people in power who can make a difference.

Your point about C is so very true, remember Piedmont? How many of those folks signed the cards only to NO Vote? Think it can't happen again? This work force has shown too many times that they are unpredictable when it come to Union votes.

But I also recognize a loser in the IBEW. You are more at risk with this corrupt union that knows nothing about the industry and will carry no weight. Rather than run from the problem you need to fix them, just like you said about neighborhoods. When they get bad you leave Folcroft for Ridley, and hope someday to afford Springfield, all the while you run from Folcroft. Just like you are running from the IAM!
Besides all that Dawg, some of the folks trying to run the IBEW campaign are self serving and see this as their way to get the 100K job that the IAM cut them out of.

Regards,
GoldenRam94, I think we missed the boat with the USWA. I see the IBEW as a similar union. IMO, airline unions have been a long way from home due to the airlines who have appeased and accommadated them. I think the vast majority will agree with me on this, perhaps even you. I just don't see the argument against the IBEW as a non-airline union as having any merit. They have thousands under the RLA and have the resources of a large INTL union. Exactly what are they missing when they come to the table trying to secure wage/holiday/vacation/scope, etc?

Change within the IAM would clearly be the first choice, however, the witness against this has been finally convincing to me because of the endless appointments, bylaw violations, lack of empowerment for US AIRWAYS workers to actually be able to do anything about it. Not to mention the IAM's own agenda which is plain for all to see. And to say that myself, or others haven't tried is inaccurate. Everyone who attempts to push the IAM to do something it doesn't want to do, is blackballed and condemned. Its relationship with fleet service is incredibly 'Paternal' or "Daddy knows best." And the refusal to listen to the members, who pay $500 a year for this, is very deserving of a union raid. In fact, the IAM made this IBEW raid.

Nobody is running from problems by trying to secure future negotiations with another union. It's a solution to the present predicament of having an unaccountable union that refuses to listen to its members. Nonetheless, you mention 'fixing problems', so the question is, "How do you fix the problem?
To answer that, I would hope that you would start being solution driven and kindly stop with the personal attacks.

regards,

Perseverance, that is a great post and cuts to the chase without any of the propganda that is going around.

We know Chandlee and Flynn well enough to get them to act properly, Armideo and Canale are only out for themselves and that was always the case. There are still people in power who can make a difference.

Your point about C is so very true, remember Piedmont? How many of those folks signed the cards only to NO Vote? Think it can't happen again? This work force has shown too many times that they are unpredictable when it come to Union votes.
You're going to get Flynn and Chandlee to act properly? Alas, that's the solution!

Regarding Piedmont, the company forced that election and 80% of the electorate were non-contract. It mirrored history and was very predictable. A company anti-union busting campaign to boot. Non-contract folks usually take 3 union elections before a union wins. That happend on this property and I presume that is what is happening over at Continental right now.

OTOH, union raids are 99% successful because there are no company union busting campaigns going on, and workers have contracts with section 6 positions that they don't want to give up. That's history and not opinion.

At any rate, it's certainly less risky than trying to get Chandlee and Flynn to act properly. Please spare me your strategy of that fine solution! Cripes, You gotta be Sh***ing me? Now that is the biggest BS I have heard [lol]. You have all the questions of fear but everytime you mention solutions, you sound strange and even more bizarre than the last time. Unbeleivable, Getting Chandlee and Flynn to act properly. Yep! Let's forget about the IBEW and pin our hopes on getting Chandlee and Flynn to act properly. After all, we are just bag apes! A big LOL.

GoldenRam94 sez:
"Get used to it, you are a Bag Ape, and you make 36K a year without OT!

Nelson sez"
Lol. Yeah, that's what the IAM been telling us for 13 years, we are unskilled bag apes. I believe we are human beings with families that have more worth than either you, the company, or the IAm believes. That is the essance of the IBEW drive.

regards,

Golden wrote "We know Chandlee and Flynn well enough to get them to act properly"

I've seen funny post but this one really made me laugh! These two guys turned into the type of AGC we saw before we had a contract they said they would fix things all they did was sell out Fleet Service like Judas for 30 pieces of silver.

Golden wrote "There are still people in power who can make a difference. " Excuse me but I'm still trying to stop from laughing at the first comment please elaborate on this one I would love to see who you think is a worthwhile advocate who hasnt been bought and paid for as a Pimp to Canale

Hey 700 just to let you know......
I'm not a bu** sh** quenn Omar and H arry were friends of mine and i've been through it all.
The judge did not abrogate the fleet servive agreement and any editor can print what they want.
I KNOW YOUR STORY.
REGARDS 737
Vote any other union...... and if you have a clue you'll know who Eddie L'clair is

Regarding Piedmont, the company forced that election and 80% of the electorate were non-contract. It mirrored history and was very predictable. A company anti-union busting campaign to boot. Non-contract folks usually take 3 union elections before a union wins. That happend on this property and I presume that is what is happening over at Continental right now.

I am talking about after the 1st vote and around the Steelworkers time. Piedmonters told us they wanted the Union, they signed the cards, and then did not vote! Don't fool yourself and think it can't happen again, this workforce cannot be trusted, history has shown that.

Note:(Piedmonters cannot be blamed for their stupidity in not voting the 1st time around, heck they went from poverty wages to a liveing wage to bring them up to the teamster's level, but they certainly can be blamed for the 2nd go around)

Status
Not open for further replies.