Inflight Promotions OUT OF CONTROL

Here's an interesting thought......why didn't the company arrange to have Coldstone Creamery advertise on the beverage napkins? They could have imprinted the coupon right on the beverage napkin. If the passenger was interested in the $1.00 off coupon they would have taken their beverage napkin with them and in turn would be less refuse to have to pick up after them! Hmmm...could that have been possible....I think so, but you don't ask the people who would have the best ideas....the F/A's! B) Oh and I'm sure Coldstone Creamery would have paid for the napkins also.....since the company is looking for "cheaper" ways to operate. :rolleyes:

So essentially F/A's have become Doug's and Tempe's @itches! :shock: So what's next....let me guess we got those huge manual covers so we can all be issued a shoe shine kit to put inside of it! Enough is enough, spend a dime and advertise on National TV for chrissakes! You've got to spend money to make money! Stop hoe'ing out the F/A's to do your dirty work! :down:
:up: ;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: So true! But then what can anyone expect now that US has been turned into the LOwest of LOrent Carriers...LCC is so appropraite!

:up: ;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: So true! But then what can anyone expect now that US has been turned into the LOwest of LOrent Carriers...LCC is so appropraite!

You know once upon a time USair/USAirways had their own Marketing and Utility Departments....now they rely on the underpaid, overworked, and unappreciated F/A group and expect them to be jazzed about it! May as well just plaster advertisements all over the overhead bins like city busses do too.....at least then! the tray tables and the overhead bins won't show dirt anymore! :rolleyes:

Besides a few catchy ads and maybe a cutsie commercial with a dad and son watching a plane fly, Usair/US airways has never really had that great a marketing department. The last thing before the merger.....those ugly coffee cups that looked like my 7 year old nephew drew on them.... :rolleyes: They can take those Coldstone coupons and stick them where the sun don't shine. This "selling" is NOT in our job description and is NOT considered serving. Unlike the cashcow program that many are falling over themselves for this will NOT fly I'm sure. I say Sheri hang out on Dec 24th and Dec 25th since the airports will be packed and hand some out. Yeah, there ya go. :up:

You know, I still think the better solution was to have Coldstone advertise on the beverage napkins.....either print the coupon on it or have them bring the napkin in for the $1.00 off. I'm sure they would have gladly paid for the supply of beverage napkins. :rolleyes: In the past USAir had holiday napkins....so it would have been possible to do just for a short period of time.

Whatnow......your idea is a great one. You see though, you must be a 21 year old nitwit sitting in a cubicle at the sandcastle to come up with the really, really awesome ideas like more crap for the f/a to spew while on the plane. Your napkin idea is great for a few obvious reasons. I guess were all in the line of work. Hell I signed up to be a flight attendant and now I sell everything but insurance and cars. :rolleyes:

Here's an interesting thought......why didn't the company arrange to have Coldstone Creamery advertise on the beverage napkins? They could have imprinted the coupon right on the beverage napkin. If the passenger was interested in the $1.00 off coupon they would have taken their beverage napkin with them and in turn would be less refuse to have to pick up after them! Hmmm...could that have been possible....I think so, but you don't ask the people who would have the best ideas....the F/A's! B) Oh and I'm sure Coldstone Creamery would have paid for the napkins also.....since the company is looking for "cheaper" ways to operate. :rolleyes:

Stop making sense. The execs will steal your idea and take credit.

I realize the flight attendants main job is safety. However, in reality its generate revenue (ie no flight attendants, no paying customers). So if this helps the profit sharing it's probably a good thing.

A sense of pride in one's workplace and the ability to say proudly, "I work for USAirways." is the best form of advertising.
I'd advertise the he11 out of this company if I felt that our customer's expectations could be met (exceeded would be nice too).
Our on board product is an embarassment.
If I wanted to work as a sales person then that's what I'd be doing. I feel that we should not be hawking products over the P.A. to a captive (literally) audience.
This company has you believing that you need to work on your days off to get by and that you have to push products just to make a living wage. Let them pay the living wage to come to work as flight attendants. They can revamp the scheduling system. Quit buying into this mentality.

That's a pretty damn good idea! :up:

I have a very large problem with the marketing department's seemingly endless use of what they may think is "free" labor to do their bidding. Our primary job is to

Your job is just like everyone elses in the business world. To do what your company wants you to do. The old (at least 30 years behind it's time) east coast union mentality needs to go away real soon or else the company will be back to your normal way of never making money. It is getting real old to hear you people complain aboyt everything too!!

I have a very large problem with the marketing department's seemingly endless use of what they may think is "free" labor to do their bidding. Our primary job is to
Your job is just like everyone elses in the business world. To do what your company wants you to do. The old (at least 30 years behind it's time) east coast union mentality needs to go away real soon or else the company will be back to your normal way of never making money. It is getting real old to hear you people complain aboyt everything too!!
These Tempe "suits" that post on here need to stay away from those $2 shot specials at that dive bar behind HQ...... :shock: .

The old (at least 30 years behind it's time) east coast union mentality needs to go away real soon or else the company will be back to your normal way of never making money. It is getting real old to hear you people complain aboyt everything too!!

Odd. The West's union is taking the same stance. In fact, they went one step further and wrote Cold Stone.

Nice to see you did some research to form your well thought out opinion.

=)

The old (at least 30 years behind it's time) east coast union mentality needs to go away real soon or else the company will be back to your normal way of never making money. It is getting real old to hear you people complain aboyt everything too!!
It was this union mentality that took concessions in 1992 to keep US Airways in business.

It was the same union mentality that took concessions twice in the first bankruptcy to keep US in business.

And once again it was the same union mentality that took concessions in the last chapter 11 case to keep this place in business.

And ironic that US/East is posting way larger profits then US/West.

Ok Ostrich, time to get your head out of the sand.

Back