Inflight Promotions OUT OF CONTROL

Let me ask this question. When you are at home all comfy in your chair how often do you remain very focused on the commercials that are on tv? Most would not pay much attention. It's the same on an airplane. Now you need to speak to the passengers for something more serious. Even the regular required announcements. To a passenger it's blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. As I stated before the Cashcow program will more than likely be going VERY SOON. MANY MANY problems and incidents with it. Passengers and fellow flight attendants alike are fed up with it. Put your add in a magazine or the damn barf bag but leave us alone. The PA is used for important info only. It's not the Copacabana club. :rolleyes:

I'm hearing that the WEST does NOT allow their F/A's to read on the jumpseat or sit in passenger seats....Hmmmm.
True,anyone?
only stating opinions.

Yes, this is true, and several FAs lost their job for doing just that...sitting in the last row of passenger seats.

I agree, the "cash cow" needs to end...too many FAs making numerous announcements..and it gets very annoying.

Just yesterday on a flight to CLT, the "A" FA was the one doing the BofA credit card promotion...you should have seen the $$ in her eyes as she walked down the aisle smiling and offering an application. She was very prepared to help you by offering a complimentary pen for you to complete the form...she walked back down to collect your completed form and I bet she was adding up the $$ ($50 incentive for each one that gets completed) I bet she was looking forward to that possible surgery (lipsuction- since she could barely fit down the aisle hitting every aisle seat passenger with her big C&D sized bottom.) that the incentive "CASH COW" will go towards. JMHO MOO!

Wasn't it Susan Powder that said "STOP THE INSANITY"?

As the job of the Flight Attendant is redefined to include a sizable amount of Sales, it would seem reasonable that their compensation be reallocated to include commissions.

"Redefined" by whom? Forget the commissions and pay us a living wage. Then if we want to work at a sales job during any free time, that is our option.

Enough is enough, spend a dime and advertise on National TV for chrissakes! You've got to spend money to make money!

They advertise on Phoenix TV, which as far as they're concerned is the only market that matters. :shock:

The old (at least 30 years behind it's time) east coast union mentality needs to go away real soon or else the company will be back to your normal way of never making money.

I'm sorry, but the last time I checked the score it was East $109 million profit, West $3 million profit. :rolleyes:

I realize the flight attendants main job is safety. However, in reality its generate revenue (ie no flight attendants, no paying customers). So if this helps the profit sharing it's probably a good thing.
No, our WHOLE job is safety. There are no "however"s involved. We are not sales reps, we are not mass marketing reps, we are not involved in the sales department. If the company wants to put a coupon in the hands of passengers, put them in the inflight magazine.
This is out of control, and totally tacky.
No wonder the passengers tune out the SAFETY information--they are saturated with crap!
No cost contract? No cost marketing? NO WAY!

Hey Shark !

Here's an example of the fabulous marketing department at USAIRWAYS! Maybe they should have forwarded this email to that crack team in the IT department instead. I'm sure they can use the expertise in networking instead.

Earn up to 15,000 bonus miles from Network Solutions

Network Solutions can help you get your business online with a custom Web site & search engine marketing! Let our experts build you a custom Web site with our Do-It-For-Me Web site service. Then, apply Search Engine Marketing to help to get you found online in a variety of search engines. Sign up for both services and earn up to 15,000 bonus miles:

Do-It-For-Me Custom Site

A one-of-a-kind site design created just for you
10 professionally built pages
3 revisions to your design
1 hour each month of updates to your site
Search Engine Visibility

Submission of your site to national and local search engines and directories
Automatic re-submission monthly
Expert analysis of your site to increase search engine indexing
60 minutes of personalized search engine optimization recommendations
In-depth Web site visitor and traffic analysis
Setup and configuration of reports by a search engine marketing expert
This is a special offer for Dividend Miles members. Offer available by phone or e-mail only through December 31, 2006. Call 866-273-0053 today or email us at [email protected] and let our experts help you get started.

Or click here to check out our other exciting products!

Instead of having a website that actually WORKS, Tempe gives away frequent flyer miles to entice it's customers to continue to fly US. Just like the "everything counts" promotion, it's showing your customers that US is grasping at staying alive instead of providing the service necessary to really be an airline people should fly.

It is this kind of thing that reinforces the idea that there is another merger on the way.

They advertise on Phoenix TV, which as far as they're concerned is the only market that matters. :shock:
I'm sorry, but the last time I checked the score it was East $109 million profit, West $3 million profit. :rolleyes:

The crappy part, is the announcement on the PHL to LAX transcon that implies all them folks are simply gonna return to the east coast, when, in fact, many are returning home to the west coast.

The self-aggrandizing mindset simply boggles my mind.

Richard craniums. Why would US consider themselves "global" when they cannot even get that right?

Other than "duty free" that is commission based are the only provisions in the flight attendant collective bargaining agreement. Why the union allowed Bank of America applications to be promoted inflight by the f/as without having a "side letter" provision is beyond comprehension.

Flight attendants are "contracted workers" and any additional service or promotions MUST be negotiated between the union and the company.

An MEC grievance should be filed ASAP! The flight attendants need to write to their leadership to insist that either negotiations take place regarding these duties and commission parameters set, or a "cease and dissist" from the MEC be sent to the company as a first step. Then, file an MEC grievance as there is no language permitting the direct marketing or selling of other products from other industries by the flight attendants. The company has Inflight magazines, website to promote advertisement or they can place coupons at the gate area along with the Bank America applications for passengers to voluntarily take if they choose.

I need to chime in here.......SHUT THE F$#&K UP ! Get us from point A to point B or C but quit already with these stupid promotions.

My CLT-PIT flight yesterday was chock full of promotions; the BoA Visa (F/A made 4 announcements during the flight), USAirways vacations, barf bags with advertising, trays with advertising.

HONESTLY if DP can't run an airline without all this fracking advertising then he needs to look for another line of work. Or better yet find a marketing department that has some first hand knowledge of marketing.

US has a captive audience with us trapped on a plane. I don't need to hear some F/A begging us to fill out a credit card application anymore than you need to hear me #### and moan about the poor excuse of an airline US has become and continues to be.
You've got that right! That Cash Cow Bullsh*t is out of hand and I can't believe that EVERY Chairman Preferred and other US2/3 do't #### via email, phone calls etc to Tempe. I love working with F/A's that make excuses on why they don't want to do the required services (some actually think in their minds it's an option) but do not hesitate to pimp those cards on a No Serve flight. And they have got as many reasons as the Chicago Cubs have in never being in the World Series. :down:

You've got that right! That Cash Cow Bullsh*t is out of hand and I can't believe that EVERY Chairman Preferred and other US2/3 do't #### via email, phone calls etc to Tempe. I love working with F/A's that make excuses on why they don't want to do the required services (some actually think in their minds it's an option) but do not hesitate to pimp those cards on a No Serve flight. And they have got as many reasons as the Chicago Cubs have in never being in the World Series. :down:

Maybe Doug is trying to make friends in different industries so he has a job after he resigns from US. Siegel is at Gate Gourmet; why can't Dougie shoot for Coca-Cola or BofA?

It's funny, now when I am on other airlines, I automatically check the barf bags, the tray table, the napkins, etc. to see if there are ads. I haven't seen any yet other than US......and no credit card pimping either.

It's funny, now when I am on other airlines, I automatically check the barf bags, the tray table, the napkins, etc. to see if there are ads. I haven't seen any yet other than US......and no credit card pimping either.
I can live with initiatives that bring in revenue, be it on napkins, tray tables and the infomercials- BUT, can we at least keep them within the realm of AIRLINE TRAVEL. Never did get a logical explanation on the "PF Chang cocktail napkin".......had more people ask about some sort of link up or what, finally I decided to refold the suckers when I worked up in F/C just to protest it (made me look busy, wasn't reading on the jumpseat or reclining in the seats.....can only clean a damn galley SO MANY Times :lol: )

I can live with initiatives that bring in revenue, be it on napkins, tray tables and the infomercials- BUT, can we at least keep them within the realm of AIRLINE TRAVEL. Never did get a logical explanation on the "PF Chang cocktail napkin".......had more people ask about some sort of link up or what, finally I decided to refold the suckers when I worked up in F/C just to protest it (made me look busy, wasn't reading on the jumpseat or reclining in the seats.....can only clean a damn galley SO MANY Times :lol: )
What don't you get? PF Chang's paid for the napkins. So what?

That's why you have no time to do cash cow, you are busy refolding napkins. :lol:

As far as cash cow goes, I am laughin all the way to the bank.... I'll do it tastefully until it goes away.....

What don't you get? PF Chang's paid for the napkins. So what?

That's why you have no time to do cash cow, you are busy refolding napkins. :lol:

As far as cash cow goes, I am laughin all the way to the bank.... I'll do it tastefully until it goes away.....
Tastefully.......oh I can only imagine. I am sure you have one of those well scripted disertations that rambles ON and ON and ON......problem is the LAUGH is ON YOU, and you just don't get it :lol:

I'm curious. How much $$ do you get for hawking these credit card applications? What is the % of $$ per application that has your name on it?

Why do I ask this?

Because I'll give YOU the extra $10, $30 or $50 to keep your trap shut. Next time your union has to renegotiate your contract, go tell them you're making more money hawking credit card applications than actually doing YOUR JOB!!

I'm sure you could always find extra Xmas income as one of those annoying kiosk workers in the mall pushing crap on the shoppers that they don't need. Just like those BofA credit card applications.

IMO you're just like the workers in a Starbucks who put out a tip jar. Why should I give a tip for someone who pours coffee?

Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong?!?. Maybe I should put out a tip jar when I'm doing my job??? Oh wait?! I'm a consult/trainer. It's required that I do my job PROFESSIONALLY.

Back