Sign or Resign AMFA cards

Once again you show  your ignorance.

The IAMNPF is IN EVERY CBA at US where the IAM represents.

The IAMNPF will not freeze, the only way to get rid of it is to negotiate it way when a JCBA takes place.

Grow up and educate yourself, cause you dont know how the RLA works.

And you clearly dont know anything about the IAMNPF.

It isnt run by US or the IAM, it has a director who is elected by the trustees, the trustees are appointed by the IAM and the companies in the plan.

You are truly ignorant.

700UW said:
Once again you show  your ignorance.

The IAMNPF is IN EVERY CBA at US where the IAM represents.

The IAMNPF will not freeze, the only way to get rid of it is to negotiate it way when a JCBA takes place.

Grow up and educate yourself, cause you dont know how the RLA works.

And you clearly dont know anything about the IAMNPF.

It isnt run by US or the IAM, it has a director who is elected by the trustees, the trustees are appointed by the IAM and the companies in the plan.

You are truly ignorant.
Thanks company boy. Again remind us what the pathetic multiplier is, $86? How do Buffy, Roach, and Sito expect the membership to live off that? What type of pension and retirement package do union officials get from the grand lodge? You are truly pathetic condoning this BS, IAMNPF is a joke and AA/TWU folks should not be drawn into that scam.

Josh

Reactions: 2 people
700UW said:
Wrong again.

The IAM CBA will be in effect until a JCBA is negotiated, guess you never heard of status quo.

For the past eight years, at US the East pilots and West pilots are still working under their respective CBAs and SCS was filed and approved.

Take the time and educate yourself on how it works.

The SCS filing doesnt trigger both groups working under the CBA.

Do you realize SCS has been filed at US, and UA, and at US the pilots still operate under two separate CBAs, just like the Flight Attendants did till this year and at UA the M&R still two separate CBAs and both have negotiated new and separate CBAs since the merger.

Also the FAs at UA are working under two separate CBAs, and have negotiated new CBAs which are separate since the merger and SCS has all ready filed and been approved.

You really dont grasp the concept.

I have been through three different mergers at US.

Pension Agreement:

http://www.iamdl142.org/Bulletins/2013/TWU/TWU%20&%20IAM%20Joint%20Agreement%20on%20Pensions.pdf
Try and understand the perspective from the AA employees of the IAM and mergers/seniority integration, they abandoned their TWA members and allowed APFA to staple them to the bottom of the seniority list. So much for the union that always uses dovetail. When will I see Roach loading an AA aircraft at JFK? Is he in physical condition to work on the ramp? He got 100% seniority and continues to accrue AA seniority, no?

Josh

737823 said:
Thanks company boy. Again remind us what the pathetic multiplier is, $86? How do Buffy, Roach, and Sito expect the membership to live off that? What type of pension and retirement package do union officials get from the grand lodge? You are truly pathetic condoning this BS, IAMNPF is a joke and AA/TWU folks should not be drawn into that scam.

Josh
Do not worry AA will not fund anymore pensions so if the company at USAir is funding this pension or any part of it, it will terminate any financial obligations since it already did with ALL groups at AA. This pension is nearing the end of the road. If the powerful pilots had their pensions frozen at AA what makes anyone think that the pensions of the AMT's will continue? The AMT's are the worse represented group at AA. Can not say it is any better represented at USAir.

Instead of debating which pension to go with moving forward, why not just go with a 401k with both a large automatic contribution and large match?

You can then leverage the difference in in "asks" between both to secure improvements in other areas (scope, medical, etc.).

Hell, you can allocate some of the difference into financial planning for the membership if that's what people want.

Bottom line: Once the contribution is made, it's in the workers' hands. The end. You still have what is already vested in the DB plan, but no (pension) sword of Damocles hanging over the membership.

If the goal of a labor activist is worker empowerment, then this is a good first step.

And no one at US has a DBP, no one except the IAM.

And the seniority went to arbitration except the AFPA screwed the FAs by going back on their word, the IAM spent over $5 million in fighting for their seniority.

So keep lying Josh, I guess Rick approves of you lying to your clients too?

And to 1AA, do you realize AA has to still fund your frozen pensions, even though you dont accrue future benefits?

And the IAMNPF is a great plan and funded to 105%.

Kev3188 said:
Instead of debating which pension to go with moving forward, why not just go with a 401k with both a large automatic contribution and large match?

You can then leverage the difference in in "asks" between both to secure improvements in other areas (scope, medical, etc.).

Hell, you can allocate some of the difference into financial planning for the membership if that's what people want.

Bottom line: Once the contribution is made, it's in the workers' hands. The end. You still have what is already vested in the DB plan, but no (pension) sword of Damocles hanging over the membership.

If the goal of a labor activist is worker empowerment, then this is a good first step.
I agree on the contribution versus the match. The TWU sold us out again with the 401K. The pilots get 14% and the flight Attendants I believe get a 9.5% or 10% contribution. The TWU on the other hand did not want to break ranks with its consistent record of concessions decided to do one better and negotiate the lowest percentage of all groups to a 5.5% contribution but with a catch that the employer must match at least 5.5% to get the 5.5% from the company. That needs to be changed but I doubt the TWU or the IAM or whatever union will represent us in the future is capable to negotiate a better deal and remove the MATCH from the employer and go with a straight contribution only plan.

700UW said:
And no one at US has a DBP, no one except the IAM.

And the seniority went to arbitration except the AFPA screwed the FAs by going back on their word, the IAM spent over $5 million in fighting for their seniority.

So keep lying Josh, I guess Rick approves of you lying to your clients too?

And to 1AA, do you realize AA has to still fund your frozen pensions, even though you dont accrue future benefits?

And the IAMNPF is a great plan and funded to 105%.
Yes I am aware that our pensions need to be funded to 100% to the day they were frozen. What does that have to do with continuing to fund a pension for one group of employees within that same group?

1AA said:
I agree on the contribution versus the match. The TWU sold us out again with the 401K. The pilots get 14% and the flight Attendants I believe get a 9.5% or 10% contribution. The TWU on the other hand did not want to break ranks with its consistent record of concessions decided to do one better and negotiate the lowest percentage of all groups to a 5.5% contribution but with a catch that the employer must match at least 5.5% to get the 5.5% from the company. That needs to be changed but I doubt the TWU or the IAM or whatever union will represent us in the future is capable to negotiate a better deal and remove the MATCH from the employer and go with a straight contribution only plan.

I was actually thinking of the AA pilot group when I wrote that this morning.

Why would you want to remove a match? It's basically "free" money...

Push for a high contribution first, and a solid match second.

Just my .02...

That means for the life of the pension they have to fund it.

The IAMNPF contribution per employee is like $1.40 an hour for an $86 multiplier, asking for $2 an hour in negotiations which in turn would raise the multiplier to $100.

How are those negotiations going? The IAM has sat on their hands and allowed US to drag out negotiations and they haven't been successful petitioning the NMB for a release. Why no picketing at the NMB? As Bob said, those pickets at CLT and PHL sure sound successful....

Why no picketing at DCA, LGA, or MIA, or somewhere people would actually see them?

Will Ira, Sito, Roach and Buffy get $100 multiplier on their pension? Don't they have a more generous union pension plus their benefits from the carriers? When was the last time any if them actually worked their day job? The grand lodge lifestyle sure is cushy, and they are enjoying it on the backs of the dues payers they strap to concessionary industry lagging CBAs.

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
Once again your lying or just dont understand the process, you have been told numerous times about how the process works, and you still either purposely lie or just dont get it.

The IAM and US has been in mediation controlled by the NMB, the Mediator and the board control the negotiations, the IAM has asked the board to be released into a 30 day cooling off period at provided by law, and the board hasnt ruled, that too hard to grasp?

Also the talks were put on hold after the IBT filed for an election per the NMB, not the IAM and not US.

Picketing was done at the hub airports, CLT, PHL, PHX and I think DC.

The IAM and its members are taking the necessary steps to put the pressure on US Airways to negotiate in good faith.

And if you call traveling and living in hotels away from your family or loved ones cushy then you have no clue.

You are nothing more than a crap stirrer who fails to educate himself and would rather post lies and spread hate and discontent.

Why no picketing at BOS or MIA? Both mainline US stations upon checking, BOS also has line maintenance. Fighting machinists my arse.

When did Roach last work on the ramp? When did Sito last overhaul am A/C? Why are there two IAM Exec Council members from a carrier that hasn't existed in 11 years and neither individual has worked in the industry? Seems their career is the union.

How is the Learjet working? Buffy's office in the glass palace is quiet a sight.

Josh

I see ignorance is your best feature.

US doesnt have Line Maintenance in MIA, that would be FLL.

And the IAM chose the largest airports where they are staffed in MTC and Fleet to picket.

Once again, dont let the facts get in your way, so is it AA or JP Morgan?

Maybe I will call Rick and tell him your posting again from work while he is suppose to be paying you.

Only a matter of time til they encourage, facilitate and support US closing FLL. So MIA is no longer mainline fleet?

Josh

Latest posts