Sign or Resign AMFA cards

700UW said:
WN,

That would have to be negotiated, we have been through this at US with the IBT raid, if the IAM would lose certification, the company can keep the money, as there is nothing in the CBA that states where the money would go.

US/IAM fleet has specific language in case of the loss of the IAMNPF due to not being in the IAM any longer.

But all of you AMT's who are lawyers, accountants and actuaries know more than the people who run the fund.
But you are an expert on fund accounting, labor law, negotiations because you attended a few courses at WWW from the IAM and proudly served on a bankruptcy negotiating committee.

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
WNMECH said:
We will still here the US guys being told that they will lose their pension if the IAM is voted out.

700UW said:
They lose future accruals.
Correct; key word being future.

WNMECH said:
Then they can get the money that would be sent to the IAM pension fund, to be contributed to 401k accounts where the employees can control it.
Sure, but only for accruals going forward. If you know a way to get vested IAMNPF accruals "unlocked" and distributed pre-retirement, I would love to here about it (seriously).

Not just no but HELL NO do I want the IAM to touch my pension. In fact everybody I have talked to at AA wants nothing to do with this TWU/IAM compilation. This combination of unions just reeks of a money grab. I hope when it comes to a vote that it is voted down even if the vote is no representation.

Show me the money said:
Not just no but HELL NO do I want the IAM to touch my pension. In fact everybody I have talked to at AA wants nothing to do with this TWU/IAM compilation. This combination of unions just reeks of a money grab. I hope when it comes to a vote that it is voted down even if the vote is no representation.
I would have to agree with you.  Rid yourselves of the TWU/IAM association even if it means going NO UNION.  Hell you guys can't even get organized enough to vote in another union so you might as well go NO UNION as this seems to be the only way to get rid of the TWU--  Good god what does it take for you guys?? 

Still think the twu is the best union for us? How but this bit of info. During BK which union negotiated the lowest 401k deal? Which union was the only one of the three on the property that negotiated a 401K with a employee match? Sign a friggin card and lets try to improve our craft.

Tulsa the AMFA card drive has started there and rest of the system is waiting on you to show us that you guys want the TWU gone.

The TWU/AA are planning another round of layoffs there as they close the dock as we recieve the new A/C.

The New TWU has cut some of the Intl. dead wood in hopes that we will give them another chance to stick it to us again
Lets not give them another chance. Soon they will start the push for this assoc. with the IAM.

Just how much more of the TWU's bs are you willing to take? How much more do you want the TWU to do to OUR class and craft.

Find some one at/on your dock/shop and sign a card so we can send the TWU on its way.

700UW said:
The IAMNPF is a total and separate entity from the IAM.

http://mypension.iamnpf.org/about-us.aspx
Once we get SCS if that ever happens there will either be a pension for all M&R or it will cease to continue. You can not have one agreement with one set of AMT's and another with another set of AMT's if we are all in the same company and work under the same rules. Aircal, TWA and AA are all one and the same. So why would the pension fund continue once we are all one? Unless it will extend to everyone in the M&R group. But then everyone else would want it as well. So I see the pension gone once we have a single contract and SCS in place.

Wrong again.

The IAM CBA will be in effect until a JCBA is negotiated, guess you never heard of status quo.

For the past eight years, at US the East pilots and West pilots are still working under their respective CBAs and SCS was filed and approved.

Take the time and educate yourself on how it works.

The SCS filing doesnt trigger both groups working under the CBA.

Do you realize SCS has been filed at US, and UA, and at US the pilots still operate under two separate CBAs, just like the Flight Attendants did till this year and at UA the M&R still two separate CBAs and both have negotiated new and separate CBAs since the merger.

Also the FAs at UA are working under two separate CBAs, and have negotiated new CBAs which are separate since the merger and SCS has all ready filed and been approved.

You really dont grasp the concept.

I have been through three different mergers at US.

Pension Agreement:

http://www.iamdl142.org/Bulletins/2013/TWU/TWU%20&%20IAM%20Joint%20Agreement%20on%20Pensions.pdf

You are wrong.

I have provided facts and actual events that has happened.

You have provided nothing.

The IAM at US will not file SCS nor will the TWU as they both have to file it jointly if the alliance is approved.

The IAM will not enter JCBA negotiations until all three groups at US have new Section 6 agreements.

1AA said:
Once we get SCS if that ever happens there will either be a pension for all M&R or it will cease to continue. You can not have one agreement with one set of AMT's and another with another set of AMT's if we are all in the same company and work under the same rules. Aircal, TWA and AA are all one and the same. So why would the pension fund continue once we are all one? Unless it will extend to everyone in the M&R group. But then everyone else would want it as well. So I see the pension gone once we have a single contract and SCS in place.

I understood that the association TWU/IAM was to get the entire new joint membership in the IAMPF. What is this obsession with, "If I don't have it nobody else should" mentality? Is that what you are getting at? I would rather get a good stable pension plan negotiated in the JCBA. Everything I've read on the IAMPF is that it is well funded and offers some attractive options than our previous plan offered. 

1AA said:
NOT going to happen. Someone is going to give up something before SCS.
1AA

What the all knowing OZ aka 700UW is saying is correct to a point he thinks that we the AA employees DON'T know anything. We know that the status quo stays until a new jcba is negotiated. Just as the CON guys have a pension still at UAL. And just like we will have our pos contract until a new contract with US and AA is negotiated. The scs will just remove the paint from the US aircraft right away. But there will still be lots to be worked out after that. The IAM will be GONE but 700UW thinks we at AA will be taken over by the IAM. The 9000 or so TWU members will bow to the 5000 iAM members. NOT. All of this is going to take time no matter what the OZ or the TWU say. Unless both employee groups just roll over and let this assoc. just take over. BUT once the integration of the seniority starts when ever that is the IAM Pension will be frozen but OZ won't put that up since that will jeopardize the IAM's position at US. Most of the mechanics at both carriers have just given up. Don't even care. The IAM and the TWU have a demoralized membership. AA is not going to keep the pension just for 5000 IAM guys. BUt he will continue to tell us that it will be around forever. Just as our pension is frozen at this time the iAM's will be at some time in the future.  I heard that some members of US would even like to see the UAW get in at US.

We here at AA just need Tulsa to get enough cards signed before the 400 or so get their notices, and before the First part of 2014 comes so we the LINE can re-sign the cards so when the TIME is correct we can file to remove the TWU.

Then this IAM/TWU assoc will be dead and we won't even have to worry about it.

AMFA AT AA in 2014

Overspeed said:

I understood that the association TWU/IAM was to get the entire new joint membership in the IAMPF. What is this obsession with, "If I don't have it nobody else should" mentality? Is that what you are getting at? I would rather get a good stable pension plan negotiated in the JCBA. Everything I've read on the IAMPF is that it is well funded and offers some attractive options than our previous plan offered. 
OSpeed

Per the OZ if I am not mistaken the mechanics at US don't have it in their contract that if they remove the IAM they will loose it all. But the ramp does, they get to keep their pension should they go TWU or UAW. What I don't get is why would the IAM put that in for the ramp and not the mechanics. "YES" I heard that it is well funded as well. And it even has IBT members in it. But they don't have a say since no one from the IBT sits on the board. Just IAM members and US management per the all knowing OZ.

You also know that the IGM which you and the rest of the TWU have instilled in the membership here is why the "if I don't have it no one will"  

Latest posts