Largest Airline needs Mechanics Union

bigjets said:
I say vote No-union in this alliance vote, see what the company gives us. See If we are on par with SWA and Delta. If we are still treated like TWU represented employees then we organize AMFA and wait for their year penalty to lapse. Then we have a real union.
 Big jets

I think you are assuming that this alliance is the only choice on the ballot.

If we collect enough cards we can file again is Aug. of this yr and get a vote to remove the TWU. Then we won't have to worry about the assoc/alliance between the IAM/TWU.
It will then a choice between TWU or AMFA. There is also a write in and No union box on the NMB's ballot as well.

If the alliance files, if we have enough cards file as a interventor thus putting AMFA on the ballot as well. 

So the BIG $24.00 Question is are You and the rest of the mechanics really interested in keeping the TWU or do you want them Gone?

This Equity stake fiasco with the TWU is just another of the many reasons we need the TWU out. pension/pay/holidays/vacation/$2.5X Holiday pay/sick time/Overtime.
Just what is it going to take for us the mechanics at AA to say to the TWU bye-bye.

AMFAinMIAMI said:
 Big jets

I think you are assuming that this alliance is the only choice on the ballot.

If we collect enough cards we can file again is Aug. of this yr and get a vote to remove the TWU. Then we won't have to worry about the assoc/alliance between the IAM/TWU.
It will then a choice between TWU or AMFA. There is also a write in and No union box on the NMB's ballot as well.

If the alliance files, if we have enough cards file as a interventor thus putting AMFA on the ballot as well. 

So the BIG $24.00 Question is are You and the rest of the mechanics really interested in keeping the TWU or do you want them Gone?

This Equity stake fiasco with the TWU is just another of the many reasons we need the TWU out. pension/pay/holidays/vacation/$2.5X Holiday pay/sick time/Overtime.
Just what is it going to take for us the mechanics at AA to say to the TWU bye-bye.

On a thread I read that it will be a vote between the "alliance" and "no union" if that is the case I'm voting No union. But if AMFA is an option then clearly AMFA would get my vote. I believe a write in campaign will not succeed, but if AMFA is an option, then we have a chance.

How is it scare tactics?

Its the truth, do you think with no union and no cba, that AA or any other company wont devastate the workforce?

We have lived it at US, in 1992, the non-union agents ramp and csa, were gutted.

You are the one who is trying to scare them, I am posting facts of what has happened.

They are employees at will now. With the twu the company can layoff and outsource at will. Hell the twu will even help sell it to the members!

bigjets said:
I say vote No-union in this alliance vote, see what the company gives us. See If we are on par with SWA and Delta. If we are still treated like TWU represented employees then we organize AMFA and wait for their year penalty to lapse. Then we have a real union.

Leveraging the 'threat" of a union is a risky gamble. My money says AA won't "give" you a damn thing.

Much better to agitate for the union you all truly want and start rebuilding now. 

Wait a year? Haven't you all waited long enough?

Glenn Quagmire said:
They will give you what you negotiate.
Glenn

How true Your statement, We the members of the TWu have accepted what the TWU brought back thinking it was the best we could get. This has been going on Long Enough.

It's time to change that. Don't You think?

Now is it TIME ?
 ​
Your Fellow mechanics and the AMFA Organizers around the system have been chatting and we are asking that every mechanics in Both USAirways and AA system to sign an AMFA card so that we can end the reign of the TWU.​
 ​
Soon you will see fellow employees signing AMFA cards and asking you to rid AA of the TWU once and for all.​
 ​
It does not matter what negative or positive opinion you have about AMFA either you want the TWU Gone or NOT, That is the Question?​
 ​
Some, last go around said any one but the TWU and signed IBT cards. There was a big discussion about that as well both positive and negative.​
 ​
The New TWU has gotten rid of some of the Intl. Reps which have stolen our futures, only in hopes of keeping themselves around until this next batch gets rich off of our dues.​
 ​
Even our Local leaders got raises without even asking us. Some of you think we got several raises as of late but in reality it is just some of the concessions we gave up. This latest go around with the stock and all the questions still unanswered.​
 ​
Just how much do any of YOU trust the TWU NOW?​
 ​
If YOU Don't want the TWU or this IAM/TWU association to be sitting at the Negotiation table when it comes time.​
 ​
 ​
Then sign a AMFA card 

AMFAinMIAMI said:

Now is it TIME ?
 ​
Your Fellow mechanics and the AMFA Organizers around the system have been chatting and we are asking that every mechanics in Both USAirways and AA system to sign an AMFA card so that we can end the reign of the TWU.​
 ​
Soon you will see fellow employees signing AMFA cards and asking you to rid AA of the TWU once and for all.​
 ​
It does not matter what negative or positive opinion you have about AMFA either you want the TWU Gone or NOT, That is the Question?​
 ​
Some, last go around said any one but the TWU and signed IBT cards. There was a big discussion about that as well both positive and negative.​
 ​
The New TWU has gotten rid of some of the Intl. Reps which have stolen our futures, only in hopes of keeping themselves around until this next batch gets rich off of our dues.​
 ​
Even our Local leaders got raises without even asking us. Some of you think we got several raises as of late but in reality it is just some of the concessions we gave up. This latest go around with the stock and all the questions still unanswered.​
 ​
Just how much do any of YOU trust the TWU NOW?​
 ​
If YOU Don't want the TWU or this IAM/TWU association to be sitting at the Negotiation table when it comes time.​
 ​
 ​
Then sign a AMFA card 

While I agree with much of frustration the decision I see is based on ideology. The TWU favors more jobs in-house while pushing to keep the wage as high as possible in the current economic environment. AMFA does have a higher average wage for its in-house workers but at the expense of giving up a large percentage of jobs that the TWU has fought to keep in-house.

Many officers within Local 591 subscribe to the AMFA ideology already and have openly spoken of this often on the floor and on this blog with statements of why should the line subsidize TUL? Local 591 officers have talked about that now the line will have more AMTs than the overhaul side with the merger. That being said their opportunity to enact a "higher line pay first" ideology will present itself under the JCBA negotiations. Will the partnership of the TWU and IAM move towards greater outsourcing at the New AA in exchange for higher line pay? How many jobs will that entail in giving up beyond those lost due to existing outsourcing language? 

Overspeed said:
While I agree with much of frustration the decision I see is based on ideology. The TWU favors more jobs in-house while pushing to keep the wage as high as possible in the current economic environment. AMFA does have a higher average wage for its in-house workers but at the expense of giving up a large percentage of jobs that the TWU has fought to keep in-house.

Many officers within Local 591 subscribe to the AMFA ideology already and have openly spoken of this often on the floor and on this blog with statements of why should the line subsidize TUL? Local 591 officers have talked about that now the line will have more AMTs than the overhaul side with the merger. That being said their opportunity to enact a "higher line pay first" ideology will present itself under the JCBA negotiations. Will the partnership of the TWU and IAM move towards greater outsourcing at the New AA in exchange for higher line pay? How many jobs will that entail in giving up beyond those lost due to existing outsourcing language?
Under the TWU, we have lost MCI, AFW, DTW SNA BNA RDU CLE MSP we have Shrunk at SJU DFW SFO and San Jose. We farm out the 757, some 767, 777, we will farm out all airbus and the 787 that leaves the 737 and the S80 which is being retired. Let's not forget that TAESLE is in limbo not sure if it's staying or going. This is the contract that TULE voted in.

Line mechs make $3 an hour less then our counterparts at other airlines not to mention the holidays sick time etc etc, how much more sacrifice do the line mechs have to make for TUL, when TUL is the group that voted in a contract that allowed all the outsourcing.

This isn't AA playing the line against OH, this is OH with their head in the sand voting in a contract that outsources their own job, while at the same time making sure the line mechs have the worst contract in the industry. JetBlue and delta are doing better then we are and they don't have to pay a union for the right to go to work.

I say we go non-union, I'm sure the Tulsa guys would love that, seeing how OK is deeply conservative state. Of course I would rather be AMFA then no union, but for whatever reason TUL just can't sign that card.

Overspeed said:

Losing pay to keep jobs is a suckers bet. The company wins that bet EVERYTIME.

EVERYTIME.

Prove me wrong.

bigjets said:
I say we go non-union, I'm sure the Tulsa guys would love that, seeing how OK is deeply conservative state. Of course I would rather be AMFA then no union, but for whatever reason TUL just can't sign that card.
The dead weight at the middle and top of the seniority list would never allow that.

I think AMFA might be a better choice than NO UNION. I believe it to be an inevitability that AMFA will sour eventually. Ask the average UNION electrician what they think of the IBEW.

You think bringing AMFA in will solve your problem, it may.... for a while. Eventually your going to see TWU V2.0.

I think a better tactic would be to have an American Airlines only UNION. I think AMP had the right idea.

I think it may be to late for AMFA. Look at how many signed a IBT card AND an AMFA card "just" to get rid of the TWU. Chances are that the same thing will happen, but we'll have IAM, AMFA, and TWU supporters. People will be signing anything just to get rid of one union or another.

Had enough yet?

Back