Largest Airline needs Mechanics Union

AMFAinMIAMI

Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Miami, Fl.
OF the Four Unions available to us which do we VOTE in to represent US.

1. AMFA
2. IAM
3. TWU
4. IBT

This is the $24.00 question, we all have had one experience with one or more of these
isn't it time we all work together look at where we want to be, what we want from the union, evaluate what we have gotten for the dues we have paid and then say to ourselves

_____?____ union is the best of them all. All are going to say its the others fault and they made a mistake. But which of these will be for the Mechanics.

We are a very small number in the big scheme of the industrial union machine.

So is the TWU or IAM going to be the best or do we trust either one to lead us into the future, looking out for our best interest?

Some thing we all need to think hard about and decide SOON. Or we will be DOOMED

Vortilon    
      Why AMFA? Give us good reasons to choice AMFA. I have seen what the Teamsters and IAM can do. I saw the teamsters sell us down the road to America West  "America West needs this", I see what the IAM National is doing to the Boeing members now!

You want good reasons?  Here is a big one - observers are allowed during negotiations.  No damn secret agreements.   Another reason would be the fact that the AMFA is a mechanics union, that represents mechanics and related only.  There is no lifetime cushy positions handed out to sellouts.  Union negotiators would eventually be out on the floor having to work under the contact that they helped negotiate.  No split allegiance with other work groups.  Your monthly dues are reasonable, and not used to support a lot of political policies and or politicians on issues of no benefit to the membership.  I don't know about you, but I'm frankly embarrassed to say I'm a member of the TWU.  That is why you will never see me wearing any of the TWU's lame t-shirts or hats - even when they give them away.  I see no difference with the IBT or the IAM regarding how they represent aircraft mechanics. We need a fresh start.  AMFA already has a constitution in place, so there would be no having to cobble something together.  Anyway, I hope this helps you out.

Reactions: 6 people
six posters for AMFA.....7500 non believers not listening.
ok so I'm off by 10-230

Overspeed said:
Will we be electing the same group of leaders we have now under AMFA?

O/S

The fact that we could elect all AA employees both US/AA because of the shear numbers, does not mean that statement is true. There are other airlines that are already AMFA and they will have a vote and any one of the employees at those carriers could run for the offices, or re-election.

Just because someone from AA runs for a position, doesn't mean they will get it. We already know about their history and how they did while in office under the TWU. To then go ahead and put them in charge of a new union which would effect more than just AA would be a travesty to our class and craft, if they were scammers.

I think that many who hate the TWU but are true union guys would step up and run just to insure that the scammers would not get in. Those of us from AA could also campaign for someone other than an AA employee telling all members that this AA person is just a scammer from the TWU and will not be best for the position they are running for.

It's time for a change even if there is a learning curve for some. The TWU has run its course here at AA since 1946, and its time for the TWU to GO. Maybe even some of the old school union guys from the IAM will run. But unlike the system we have now, WE ALL WILL GET A BALLOT TO VOTE FOR WHO IS TO BE THE LEADERS. 

AMFA at AA in 2014

Reactions: 1 person
Overspeed said:
Will we be electing the same group of leaders we have now under AMFA?
Key word is ELECTING!  Not APPOINTING!

It should always be the members choice who they want to lead them. Then that leaves the membership with no one else to complain to when things don;t go so well.

Reactions: 3 people
AMFAinMIAMI said:
O/S

The fact that we could elect all AA employees both US/AA because of the shear numbers, does not mean that statement is true. There are other airlines that are already AMFA and they will have a vote and any one of the employees at those carriers could run for the offices, or re-election.

Just because someone from AA runs for a position, doesn't mean they will get it. We already know about their history and how they did while in office under the TWU. To then go ahead and put them in charge of a new union which would effect more than just AA would be a travesty to our class and craft, if they were scammers.

I think that many who hate the TWU but are true union guys would step up and run just to insure that the scammers would not get in. Those of us from AA could also campaign for someone other than an AA employee telling all members that this AA person is just a scammer from the TWU and will not be best for the position they are running for.

It's time for a change even if there is a learning curve for some. The TWU has run its course here at AA since 1946, and its time for the TWU to GO. Maybe even some of the old school union guys from the IAM will run. But unlike the system we have now, WE ALL WILL GET A BALLOT TO VOTE FOR WHO IS TO BE THE LEADERS. 

AMFA at AA in 2014
Good union guys? Like Woodward? Balbo? Witt? Or the other IBT organizers.

I agree with in other there are a lot of scammers. I am sure we could all name a few. Many of the officers and reps now working at 591 were actively or tacitly supporting the IBT yet they were allowed to run for office and not brought up on charges by the TWU?

I expect that if, if AMFA gets in that the 591 reps will not fight the card drive and then if AMFA wins a representation election they will claim they were for an all mechanic union all along. Beware the politicians!

Overspeed said:
Good union guys? Like Woodward? Balbo? Witt? Or the other IBT organizers.

I agree with in other there are a lot of scammers. I am sure we could all name a few. Many of the officers and reps now working at 591 were actively or tacitly supporting the IBT yet they were allowed to run for office and not brought up on charges by the TWU?

I expect that if, if AMFA gets in that the 591 reps will not fight the card drive and then if AMFA wins a representation election they will claim they were for an all mechanic union all along. Beware the politicians!

O/S

I know two of the names you mentioned and I believe they were in the IBT fight just for themselves. (1) is a great politician and talker.
the other from what I have seen and been told is just a big scammer.

I thought that the guys that we elected into Local 591 would be different but as of yet they have not impressed me, they still allow the scamming and without anyone having a vote gave themselves a pay raise. WOW just amazing!!!!!  There are many here at AA who want a change, and if that is the case why don't we just let it happen, let there be a vote !!!

If AMFA wins then it will show that the membership voted and made a choice. If the Assoc. or alliance wins then there can be NO MORE WHINNING.......

NO Charges should not be brought up on any members who for years paid into the TWU and had NO say what so ever.

The likes of Don V. and Gary Y., Bobby G.,  Drum, and the rest have screwed the membership again and again. 

Supporting a union in which the officer don't even have to show up for work because they are or have a deal with management,
and when the TWU members feel like they are being screwed as in this equity share fiasco they still don't feel they should come to the floor.

It's all on line, its virtual, just a game. They are in it for the money and the scamming. JMHO !!!!

I don't think that all the officers that are in supported the IBT, Maybe in Tulsa, not the line local I do know one that was an IBT guy.
I think the 591 officers just wanted to get back at the Intl. and they think that they can make a difference. The TWU is a machine and
the way to stop it is to just cut it off and dispose of it.

This assoc. and alliance what ever,is a scam, by the twu/iam to keep the dues coming in. Its only going to keep us down until most here retire, then the new generation will have to suffer with this. 

There are guys who have been involved with unions who since being here at aa have not since they have seen what the TWU is all about.
There are others who I think would get involved for the first time if we get rid of the TWU. 

I still don't get why you still support the TWU unless you are or have a deal where you get something, you know the IGM here at AA.

Pension/vacation/pay/Holidays/sick time/pv's/and much more... all have been let go by the TWU these things were fought for in negotiations in the past
by the unions and to have them now go away with little or no hope of them coming back, the TWU should be scorned and told to hit the road.

I support AMFA because I have a HOPE that I can have a say, attend negotiations if I want too, and remove officers who don't look out for the best wishes of the members.

AMFA may not be the saving union some think it is, But its a change that I think we should try, until we are proven wrong that they are NOT the union we thought and then we can again change. United changed twice, and I think they still are not happy. Its an industry thing.

AMFA at the NEW AA in 2014, sign a card and lets bring this to a VOTE !!!!!!

Reactions: 2 people
AMFAinMIAMI said:

AMFA may not be the saving union some think it is, a change that I think we should try, until we are proven wrong that they are NOT 

​
Truer words were never spoken. So you are asking us to give up leverage at this time to wait and wait again? Doesn't sound like you have much confidence..........you should be 100% sure to be advocating change.

Latest posts