Largest Airline needs Mechanics Union

TWU negotiated an agreement on the prefunding match. We have yet to see the TWU make good on that agreement. The TWU is holding 5% of our equity for errors in payouts and today we have been informed that they will double the hold out another 5% to 10%.

So to date we have no company match prefunding refunded to us as per the TWU agreement, We now lost 10% of our equity because the TWU feels they need that money for themselves to cover errors in their calculations. Is there anything else the TWU is going to hold from us or take away?

A very simple solution is to fill out a AMFA card and get this crap over with!

Lets get this done before they shove this Alliance scam up our A$$!!!

Reactions: 3 people
Lets not forget the open language on compensation items. Now 16 months past dos! ENOUGH!!! FIRE THEM NOW!!!

Reactions: 1 person
How much effort / money do you suppose the TWU International will actually put into fighting this bogus claim by these greedy retirees?  It would be so much easier for them to steal from us, and redistribute.  It is the way of this union.  This union just makes me sick!

The TWU had this planned all along. Funny how they said distributions will be done over a 120 day period. Why? So they can skim or extort any outstanding equity for themselves. If we got all the shares at once the 5% would have been all we lost. I do say lost because you know we will never see that 5% and now it looks like 10%.

Sign those AMFA cards and lets get rid of this corrupt union before they force the ALLIANCE on us. Time for me to go hand pay.

Thomas Paine said:
?? You are the one making the claim that we gave all these concessions to save Tulsa, so show us the language, the fact is you cant, because we don't have it, so why did we give all those concessions? Because its what AA wanted and you are here to make sure AA gets whatever they want aren't you? Otherwise why do you ask for language at SWA that nobody ever claimed existed? Getting desperate?

"That is correct, SWA never laid off a dues paying member. I believe that AMFA should have maintained the status quo on their HC ratios and received higher pay rates. "

My my what double standards you have. SWA was able to secure pay raises with ZERO layoffs at a time where we gave up in excess of 25% of our compensation along with thousands of layoffs and thousands more jobs reduced on top of the layoffs and you can actually say that they did not do well compared to us because they didn't get raises or maintain some ratio that no mechanic ever ever looks at? Show me a contract at any carrier that cites an minimum mechanic to aircraft ratio. The fact is that AA had a high one because it includes OSMs, unlicensed AMTs such as painters and its fleet was aging, with one of the oldest fleets that drove up the ratio, not great language.

The fact is the percentage of outsourcing spend is the best measuring stick for knowing how much work is outsourced. AA has more internal people working on their aircraft as a result of the language. The percentage of spend tracks with the age and size of the fleet. The AMFA language does not in that it sets a cap on HC ratios in their contract and the number of lines of HC that must be kept in-house. This is all regardless of what happens with SWA's workload.

Getting to what SWA has is easy when your airline has never overhauled and engine and hardly had any in-house capacity. I do not have a double standard because you are comparing AA which has been maintaining it's aircraft in-house for decades to an airline that practically never has. How do you intend to get to where SWA is with around 60% outsourcing from AA which has been traditionally at 15% or less without laying off thousands? You can't.

There will be an ebb and flow to overhaul workload and the reduction in members in TUL can be attributed to contract language and new aircraft. Again, AA is closing in on the OSS % cap and we have yet to merge the two CBA's. Are illustrious leaders at 514, 567, and 591 working with the IAM will develop rock solid language to protect jobs and increase our pay. 

We all can talk about just How the TWU has failed, or that they saved jobs, how they have kept the amount of outsourced work to a minimum.

But the bottom line is this Do you want the TWU here when it comes time to Negotiate our next contract?

Do You want to continue to pay the salaries of the Local officers and fund the Intl. of the TWU?

Do you want to just keep talking about how you are being dealt with or are you going to get involved be a part of the solution, sign a AMFA Card, or let the IAM/TWU alliance dream up even more ways in which to screw our class and craft.

Reactions: 4 people
AMFAinMIAMI said:
We all can talk about just How the TWU has failed, or that they saved jobs, how they have kept the amount of outsourced work to a minimum.
I agree.

It's definitely time for organized labor- and America's working class as a whole- to stop looking backward, and start looking ahead.

Reactions: 4 people
Kev3188 said:
I agree.

It's definitely time for organized labor- and America's working class as a whole- to stop looking backward, and start looking ahead.
But there need to be wholesale changes, as you have said before. Would you put Jay Cronk/Karen Asuncion in this bucket of moving forward?

Josh

AMFAinMIAMI said:

But the bottom line is this Do you want the TWU here when it comes time to Negotiate our next contract?

Do You want to continue to pay the salaries of the Local officers and fund the Intl. of the TWU?

Do you want to just keep talking about how you are being dealt with or are you going to get involved be a part of the solution, sign a AMFA Card, or let the IAM/TWU alliance dream up even more ways in which to screw our class and craft.
I can't afford to have the TWU negotiate the next contract. 

OldGuy@AA said:
I can't afford to have the TWU negotiate the next contract. 
Neither can I or anyone else represented by the TWU in the M&R group.

Sign the cards and lets get rid of them.
It is so easy to get rid of the TWU. All you have to do is sign a card and pass along to the next person to do the same. Much easier than bitchin about the TWU and how they screwed us over the years. Can we really afford to lose anymore money and benefits under the TWU? Really think about it and use common sense. Sign a card and let the organizing committee members do the rest.

1AA said:
Neither can I or anyone else represented by the TWU in the M&R group.

Sign the cards and lets get rid of them.
It is so easy to get rid of the TWU. All you have to do is sign a card and pass along to the next person to do the same. Much easier than bitchin about the TWU and how they screwed us over the years. Can we really afford to lose anymore money and benefits under the TWU? Really think about it and use common sense. Sign a card and let the organizing committee members do the rest.

1AA & Oldguy

None of us can really afford to have the TWU around much longer. The next round of negotiations will be here sooner than we think. The TWU/IAM association is doing it's best to get things in place to put us in a position that we will be screwed for many yrs.

Well after this merger is completed we will be paying for our mistake if this time around we don't get enough cards from the mechanics of AA/US. That will include the Facilities and automotive mechanics as well. I am hoping that the men & women in Tulsa see what USAirways has done to it's employees and knowing what AA has done to us with the help of the TWU, that they sign cards.

Many of us know guys who work at other stations, send them an email get the system talking about card signing. There is so many ways you and others can help the organizing committee.  Myself and other members of the committee will travel to other stations as we have in the past. But it is going to take everyone in the break rooms and on the hanger floor, and the line, to support this card drive.

Thanks for all your support....

AMFA at AA 2014

Latest posts