2014 Maintenance & Related & AMFA Cards

As we approach the 12th week this coming Wed., It is very nice to see the long drug out time frame by the NMB, as this gives AMFA even more time to collect cards.  And yes folks they are still coming in.  Still waiting for the NMB to anoouce an election, as we can only hope for one.  Good luck guys...

TRAVIS said:
It,s a waiting game. Someone has to make the first move. Then the cat will be out of the bag.
The AMFA drive would go a lot better if AMFA National would get involved! 
With the IAM and TWU Letters out, Looks like that CAT STUCK HIS HEAD OUT OF THE BAG!!!!

YOU US AIRWAYS BOY NEED TO GET YOUR AMFA CARDS IN NOW!

Reactions: 1 person
AMFAinMIAMI said:

US Airways Mechanics
 ​
 ​
We are ten months into our drive here at AA with AMFA cards and we started our approach with you guys shortly there after.
 ​
The IAM got you a contract but is it what you wanted, Now that the contract is signed have you seen your reps around as much or has it gone
back to business as usual?
 ​
I have heard that the IAM Leadership has as well threatened your Pension, ask your self "is this the union that is going to LQQK out for me and my family as we go forward" ?????
 ​
We the mechanics at AA wish to remove the TWU, you should by now know what choices we all may get depending on how the NMB Rules.
 ​
Are you willing to become part of the TWU?
Are you thinking the TWU/IAM working together is the Best for our class and craft?
Will the IAMNPF accept payments if the IAM is done away with even though they can't show support of 50% +1 cards if needed?
 ​
I am not saying that it is fact but we should merge our class and craft by the McKaskil bond which will do so by the time each of us entered
our classification/occupation.
 ​
The only question I have not seen an answer too is what will happen to the TWA guys at stations in the AA system when they transfer outside those stations, will Kasher stay in effect, and be honored,  is the question?
 ​
The IAM/TWU made a deal as far as your feild trips so what's going to be their deal going forward?
 ​
 ​
Isn't it time to say Good BYE to both of these Industrial Unions?
 ​
 ​
AMFA at AA in 2014

reality check,  McCaskill Bond doesn't mandate day for day seniority or any sorta seniority system.  It's quite the same as Alleg/Mohawk but with arbitration at the end.

swamt said:
As we approach the 12th week this coming Wed., It is very nice to see the long drug out time frame by the NMB, as this gives AMFA even more time to collect cards.  And yes folks they are still coming in.  Still waiting for the NMB to anoouce an election, as we can only hope for one.  Good luck guys...
If AMFA hasn't filed by now, even with all the internal association grumblings, then it simply does not have the support.  It appears this is the same 30% fussing each year.  I mean, all US AIRWAYS MX know about AMFA and if they haven't signed cards then that says a lot.

Tim Nelson said:
reality check,  McCaskill Bond doesn't mandate day for day seniority or any sorta seniority system.  It's quite the same as Alleg/Mohawk but with arbitration at the end.
+1

I don't think many people realize that there's something like 12-13 methods of integration that an arbitrator can use under MB that meet the covenant of "fair & equitable."

Tim Nelson said:
If AMFA hasn't filed by now, even with all the internal association grumblings, then it simply does not have the support.  It appears this is the same 30% fussing each year.  I mean, all US AIRWAYS MX know about AMFA and if they haven't signed cards then that says a lot.

Said the baggage handler...

Tim Nelson said:
It's said a pot will boil faster if not stirred. ..or some thing like that. ..lol

Tim Nelson said:
US AIRWAYS AMFA Cards are coming in, I know a lot of out stations have 90%, Some of the stations like PIT who are still waiting for the IAM to get them some kind of large early out need to realize it is not going to happen! The next thing is the TWU is sure to overrun the IAM and they will be booted out. The letters that are out shows the Association is not going as the IAM thinks or telling the members and the TWU National is not going to let the IAM come in and Back Door its Locals and will by sure numbers overrun IAM members.

Tim all I can hope is that these old die hard IAM members wake up and see the real picture and not go by the BS the IAM is telling them,
Like at AA the members are tired of the TWU and will vote IAM in is BS!
The TWU Members looked at the contract the IAM just did at US AIRWAYS MX and it said in the LETTERS from the TWU (Watched in HORROR as the IAM endorsed the MX contract to it's members). That alone should be enough for most to get a grip and with that BS contract the members should be able to see the IAM was only looking after itself and not it's Membership as the IAM throw a contract together and called it a bridge contract just so they could get to this Association and start to under mind the TWU LOCALS to sway them to the IAM way.... The truth is the TWU is Smarter than the IAM thought and the members at AA are not going to buy into a union that can't even get a contract better than a BK contract!
So I can see the cards picking up on the US side as time is on our side at this point. We will just have to see what comes next as I don't think this IAM/TWU Cluster F### is over and more fighting is to come......

Have a good one Tim                                                                                                          

I've said this before  The IAM will be overrun so Welcome to the TWU BOYS or PUT THAT AMFA CARD IN NOW!!!

Tim Nelson said:

Tim

The lead organizers here at AA have been collecting cards from both AA/US cards are coming in each week and although not as fast as we would like the numbers are growing.

"yes" travis is beating the drum for this to happen which is a good thing someone from that side has too.

The reason the cards have not been filed is that we are waiting for a ruling of some type from the NMB.

It has given us a chance to get more cards this delay, and maybe it will be for the best.

The IAM/TWU have not been this harmonious association that they wanted. and when it comes right down to it I for one don't think it will ever be. Both want to be in control and 
make a show to the members that they are working for them when you and I know its a scam, just a dues thing.

What is the Fleets plan when the Association fails if that happens are you ready to be a part of the TWU? Since the IAM will not get 50%+1 show of interest.

If you guys in fleet thought at any time the IAM screwed you then wait for the TWU, THEY are even worse. Not as bad as the IBT would of been but you will see if the TWU takes you.

So if AMFA is NOT the union for the mechanics and the TWU/IBT/IAM are not for us then WHO? You seem to be more knowledgeable when it comes to the needs of the Mechanics?
You are a union officer correct? You do believe the union is supposed to work for the members not the other way around. Fleet/stores/non AA/US employees and non airline people  have thrown in their two cents as to what we should do.

Why keep a Union that does not 100% do what IT CAN, for its members?

That is why we want AMFA because No matter what they accomplish it was for us and NOT the company, based unions like the IBT/IAM/TWU, looking out for themselves. It's NOT about dues. Just Look,  IBT failing at UAL, TWU Failing at AA, IAM failed at USAirways.

It's Time for a change, but hey time will tell won't it.

Reactions: 5 people
And let the delay continue.  Going on 14 weeks and still no ruling yet.  Just keep the cards updated a little longer. The longer this delay takes the more cards AMFA collects.  At this point it looks as if the NMB does call for an election it may very well be over the holidays.  I do smell an election coming, maybe it is planned to go over the holidays to try and get a better turn out for this alliance.  Sure hope you guys can do it this time,  AMFA @ AA in 2015...

Reactions: 1 person
US Airways Pittsburgh Mechanics
 ​
 ​
 ​
Remember the days of over 500 flight and thousands of mechanics there?

Well from what I understand now its more like 30 flights a day, and 1500 mechanics.

This is what you have been subjected to with the IAM,  Is this the future you want?

No matter what soon your OPS center will be gone as well, moved to Texas.

Even your fellow mechanics in PHX and CLT realise that With AA and this Association which if you have read the latest letters from the IAM & TWU they are not playing well in this merger.

I know that integration and your IAM Pension are two of the top things on your mind. But think about this.  AA did away with the Pilots/Flight attendants/TWU pension, moved to a 401K.

Do you really think that AA will continue to fund your IAMNPF while not having something with the rest of the employees? Even you IAM NPF leaders have threatened you if you vote out the IAM. Have you LQQKED at the restrictions you have with that Plan. 

We AA's AMFA supporters can't promise you anything but we support the McKaskill Bond
and with that you keep what you have as far as Occupational time and we just simply merge the list.

I don't know how all this is going to play out NO ONE does, but you guys had enough cards signed to remove the IAM last yr to cause a Vote. You must of had the same issues then as well. So what has changed? The IAM can't keep your Pension and time in your current job, aka classification/occupational time straight across the board merged its a no brainer don't you think.

You may still have a problem with the IAM, well we have the same issues with the TWU. NO TRUST.

Isn't it time we stand together and find a way to stop this Association once the NMB rules?

The same guys who pushed to remove the IAM and replace it with the IBT are the same guys who still believe that the IAM is a loosing proposition.  Talk to them and ask about what they think about AMFA?

The quicker we find a common ground the faster we will get a JCBA and get merged with a deal for us all. If not we might be just like the CAL & UAL guys fighting for yrs.

Think about it

swamt said:
And let the delay continue.  Going on 14 weeks and still no ruling yet.  Just keep the cards updated a little longer. The longer this delay takes the more cards AMFA collects.  At this point it looks as if the NMB does call for an election it may very well be over the holidays.  I do smell an election coming, maybe it is planned to go over the holidays to try and get a better turn out for this alliance.  Sure hope you guys can do it this time,  AMFA @ AA in 2015...

SWAMT I think you are weeks ahead of your self I think it is more like 12 weeks.

Keep begging for cards from the three US Mechanics that read the board, lol!