Summer timetable...new services/service changes

looks like BDL-ORD goes all Eagle in September (as does BWI-ORD and a couple other routes).

The NRT regulars out of JFK are buzzing with the rumor that AA will pull JFK-NRT in favor of trying to get a JFK-PVG because it generates more revenue. Don't know how that one started.

The NRT regulars out of JFK are buzzing with the rumor that AA will pull JFK-NRT in favor of trying to get a JFK-PVG because it generates more revenue. Don't know how that one started.

While I don't doubt that JFK-PVG would be a good moneymaker, I doubt that AA would dump JFK-NRT even if AA wins the freqencies.

While I don't doubt that JFK-PVG would be a good moneymaker, I doubt that AA would dump JFK-NRT even if AA wins the freqencies.

That makes no sense. While I will not be shocked to see them go for JFK-PVG (the rumours are that AA will be trying for either LAX-PEK or JFK-PVG), I don't think it has anything to do with the other. JFK-NRT can actually help their case with DOT for JFK-PVG, showing they already have a commitment to NYC-Asia service. JFK-NRT actually is a profitable service for AA. They already helped run Northwest out of the market, and perform far better than UA, even though UA has feed on the NRT side.

Any new info about the SJC-NRT rumor?

To All LAX Based F/A's
> Re: Frank's Corner May 2006
>
> First a comment about a rumor that was going around last week regarding
> the SJC/NRT flight. There was an unofficial announcement that the
> flight was being cancelled which was not true. What is factual is that
> the flight continues to be under review as it has lost 14 million
> dollars last year. We've formed a task force comprised of our labor
> unions, sales and SJC airport management to stimulate origin traffic.
> If a decision is made we'll keep you posted. We did put out an HI6 in
> SFO to the base last week.
>

is the 777 sold as a two class flight or a three class?

answered my own question

looked it up in SABRE....the 777 transcon will be sold as a three class. good to see three class AFS return to MIA-LAX. was afraid they would just sell the business class cabin as coach, like they have done so many other times.

Eagle starts LGA/JAX once a day in September. A meager response to Jetblue's A320 service to JAX from Kennedy I guess.

Why must everything now be a response to jetBlue?

jetBlue has nothing to do with it. American Eagle freed up a LaGuardia slot, and decided to enter JAX-LGA, a high-yield market with very limited service. It has nothing to do with jetBlue.

Why must everything now be a response to jetBlue?

jetBlue has nothing to do with it. American Eagle freed up a LaGuardia slot, and decided to enter JAX-LGA, a high-yield market with very limited service. It has nothing to do with jetBlue.

Sorry. Since JB recently started A320 service to JAX from NY, I guessed, that AE was try to make a competitive move.
My bad.

Sorry. Since JB recently started A320 service to JAX from NY, I guessed, that AE was try to make a competitive move.
My bad.

No need to apologize, I totally get where you are coming from. It seems jetBlue can't introduce a new route without DL, US, AA, or somebody responding. However, this is one case where jetBlue had little influence. AA has a small but loyal business FF base out of JAX, thanks largely to the fact they offer the only non-stops to Miami and St. Louis, two of the most important business travel markets from JAX. LaGuardia lets them exploit this farther.

DFW-BUF is gone again, 06Sep06. The CR7 moves to add another PIT-DFW flight.