Meal Service or lack of on new PHL-LHR service

So which carriers, with a similar departure time, serve meals? lOooks like somebody already stated that NW does not. What do the NYC carriers do for their last LHR departure of the night.

Here is an idea. Because of the late departure time, and hence later (1125A) arrival at LHR more of the second half of the flight will be in daylight than most other European flights. So if Tempe only wants an arrival service then so be it but do it right. Do drinks and a light snack right after takeoff with a serving size similar to a normal arrival service only not Breakfast and do it with as limited lighting as possible and then let the customers sleep. About 90 mins out of LHR do a FULL Breakfast service. For Envoy something along the lines of the new Transcon F Breakfast with maybe some enhanced fruit, pastries and or breads in additon. In coach do something similar in size to a normal transatlantic dinner service but with breakfast entrees instead. Another words just flip the current service do to the late departure time. Envoy customers could be asked after boarding if they prefer to be awakened 1) for a full breakfast 90 mins out of LHR. 2) a light snack 30-45 mins out, or 3) just prior to landing for maximum sleep. Just an idea, TA flight attendants feel free to chime in on how this sounds?

Regards

LGA777

this is my reply from kirby

Q:scott,
i know it's christmas and all and i should be off the computer but i just learned that on our phl -lhr service we will not be serving a meal in envoy just breakfast on the arrival. and buy on board in economy. please tell me this is a mistake. we use to have a late dep from phl to lgw a few years back . i think it left the same time as lhr will. we still served a full meal in envoy and economy. we have been after lhr forever. i know we are trying to keep costs down but please.
(name edited by mod.).

A: don't know what the meal service will be but assume it's typical of our other european routes

----- Original Message -----
To: Kirby, Scott
Sent: Tue Dec 25 13:57:41 2007
Subject: lhr service

Here is an idea. Because of the late departure time, and hence later (1125A) arrival at LHR more of the second half of the flight will be in daylight than most other European flights. So if Tempe only wants an arrival service then so be it but do it right. Do drinks and a light snack right after takeoff with a serving size similar to a normal arrival service only not Breakfast and do it with as limited lighting as possible and then let the customers sleep. About 90 mins out of LHR do a FULL Breakfast service. For Envoy something along the lines of the new Transcon F Breakfast with maybe some enhanced fruit, pastries and or breads in additon. In coach do something similar in size to a normal transatlantic dinner service but with breakfast entrees instead. Another words just flip the current service do to the late departure time. Envoy customers could be asked after boarding if they prefer to be awakened 1) for a full breakfast 90 mins out of LHR. 2) a light snack 30-45 mins out, or 3) just prior to landing for maximum sleep. Just an idea, TA flight attendants feel free to chime in on how this sounds?

Regards

LGA777
:up: :up: :up: OMG...that is an awesum idea - seriously, brilliant actually. I think you should contact Steve and Tim in Dining and Cabin , better yet sounds like YOU should be working in D&C ~ since they are C L U E L E S S!!! Happy New Year - i always enjoy ur posts.

A: don't know what the meal service will be but assume it's typical of our other european routes

Way to for the president of a company to be on top of things. :)

But honestly, I doubt he would be involved in details like this until someone brings it to light. This is why you have someone dedicated to managing the in-flight services. Why doesn't someone email him/her instead of Scott?

My hunch is that the flight was loaded into CRS but the meal details were not known, so that info was omitted.

Regards

LGA777
i sent in your idea to steve kingsley our vp of inflight product ad services. . i will give you his reply a soon as i get it. it's a great idea.

:rolleyes: For cripe sakes, this flight doesn't even start till March and you're already bitching about that?!! Honestly, some people here need to find a new hobby or something to do with their free time instead of constantly ragging on US Airways!

BTW, have you noticed how many cancellations UA has had lately?

Have u flown on UA lately...a WORLD of difference than US. F/C, B/C, Econ Plus- All head and shoulders above US. Thats not raggin, its just the truth. Accept who u work and that people are tired of their " not so low cost " fares/ poor service, jammed packed a/c ( seats too close ) and bad management decisions. People ( posters ) are trying to send a wake up call. But I guess the real wake up call is when U is finally bought/merged, whatever they call it, and somebody can really MANAGE an airline takes over.

People have the right to complain, why would a passenger book on US when the service level is substandard when BA offers a far superior product.

This company has no clue on how to run an airline.

Yep lets fly all night with no food then have to pay for it, gimme a break!

UA has had cancellations cause of the weather in ORD, a factor they cannot control.

SICK OUT? Hmmmm has anyone checked the open trips screen (option 44) on catcrew for trips leaving on the 27th? All I can say is AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA. This place is a royal dump. I LOVE when people make reason and explanations for this $H!THOLE. I mean honestly. :lol: Whether we serve food to LHR will be the least of Usairways worries.

Continental offers Dinner and an Arrival Snack in BusinessFirst and Coach at all departure times from EWR to Europe/Isreal/South America.

Below is what Continental offers from EWR-LGW after 10PM, which is slightly reduced from the full service offered earlier in the day. The menu is taken from http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/conte...rst/dining.aspx

Newark to the U.K. (flights departing after 10:00 p.m.)
TO BEGIN

Warm roasted nuts with your preferred cocktail or beverage

LATE NIGHT SUPPER

APPETIZER SALAD and warm breads

Mesclun salad mix and romaine lettuce with Roma tomato,
baby pear and pecans

Your choice of champagne vinaigrette or blue cheese dressing

For your enjoyment, smoked salmon with cream cheese
and caviar may be added to your salad

Freshly baked garlic bread and assorted rolls with butter

MAIN COURSES

The Chef’s Selection

Grilled Sterling Silver� New York sirloin steak with pepper rub,
red wine and vegetable sauce, roasted portobella mushrooms, potatoes au gratin and grilled green and white asparagus

Herbed Breast of Chicken

Topped with tomato and olive ragoût, accompanied by fresh
broccolini, sautéed red bell pepper and a mix of saffron couscous, dried cranberries and roasted red tomatoes

Herb-crusted Halibut

With shellfish sauce, julienne squash, roasted carrots
and parsnips and sautéed baby spinach

Pasta Bowl

Spinach ravioli filled with artichoke heart and cheese,
served with creamy pesto sauce, sautéed mushrooms,
roasted red and yellow tomatoes and freshly grated
Parmesan cheese

FRUIT AND CHEESE PLATE

Select American and imported cheeses, grapes and crackers, served with Port wine

DESSERT CART

Edy’s Classic Grand vanilla ice cream with choice of toppings
or an assortment of petite pastries

Fresh Brew® gourmet roasted regular and decaffeinated coffee
made exclusively for Continental Airlines or tea with your
choice of milk or lemon

Enjoy a cup of freshly brewed Emilio Caffè Italian Espresso
or Cappuccino available exclusively in BusinessFirst
on our 777 and 767 aircraft.

pre-arrival REFRESHMENT

A selection of juices

Fresh seasonal fruit and yogurt

Swiss cheese, pepper-coated salami and ham cold plate

Assorted breads including cinnamon and crusty rolls
and warm croissants with butter and strawberry preserves

Fresh Brew® gourmet roasted regular and decaffeinated coffee
made exclusively for Continental Airlines or tea with your
choice of milk or lemon

People have the right to complain, why would a passenger book on US when the service level is substandard when BA offers a far superior product.

This company has no clue on how to run an airline.

Yep lets fly all night with no food then have to pay for it, gimme a break!
I'm NOT sticking up for US. But if you check any travel search engine (i.e.: www.orbitz.com) the Y fares for US are always atleast $100 cheaper than the Y fares for foreign carriers. You can check any date, US is always cheaper. So with that $100 savings, take out $17 and buy a meal, drink and a headset on the plane.

Why doesnt someone e-mail about US and see if they get a response.

Or have etops1 e-mail Kirby.
:lol: Oh how appropo.....assign Detective Clouseau to resolve the dilemma. Next thing you know someone will report seeing him giving Press Releases like that Iraqi dude during the days of Sadaam from the Ministry of Spin. (Although I do have to admit etops is probably THE Only one who would take the initiative to contact Tempe........Me, I'll p*ss on their graves at the appropriate time).

Latest posts

Back