Mec Meeting To Recall Teddy

someone from ALPA coaching these AFA clowns?????
wheres that fabled airbus pilot???
lack of posts for lack of access to the new regime???
maybe the fabled bus pilot is taking hints from the RC4...... ??
and advising AFA lackeys?

Hey Teddy couldnt wait! She did the exact same thing!!!!!!!!! I agree with Hawk What comes around!!!!!

Can anyone shed some light on what the beef is the people leading the recall have against Teddy?

From an outsider like me this seems at first blush to be really stupid, because from what I can tell Teddy is the best leader to come out of AFA in a long time.

But maybe they have legitimate reasons for the recall that us "outsiders" are not aware of? Anyone know?

At least I hope it is based on something substantive and not just personal petty politics and ambitions, or it is indeed a pathetic move.

I agree Bear96, As an F/A furloughee, I'd also like to know more about this even if ineligible to vote. These people will be OUR representation when we are recalled to work. From my chair their timing looks like very poor judgement and a waste of precious resources at a critical time.

Piney Bob, there are not many folks who have realized the level of un-ethical behavior at this airline as you have. It is so scary to me that so many lives have depended for so long in the hands of a bunch of crooks, liars and morally corrupt group. Thank you for calling it the way it is.

Watching from the sidelines, I have read much about Teddy Xidas. She is a true leader, and, it appears, the only union leader at US with some b*lls to stand up to the company to get the best deal for the people she represents.

What is being done to her is unjust, but, alas, these types of power struggles are well-known in labor circles. Unfortunately, the fight is usually between the pro-management types (who have no business representing) and the trade unionist types.

Depending on which way the pendulum is swinging with the membership, either the pro-management types or the trade unionist types prevail, and, sadly, when the former prevail, the damage is done before the membership even realizes.

Best of luck to Teddy. Those people against her seem like real peaches.

PineyBob said:
Leadership is and illusive trait. Teddy has it. Whether you agree with Teddy or not. Let the process take it's course.

Fornicatiing with the hired help is generally frowned upon in most business circles. In some situations it is sufficient ground for legal action by one of the parties especially the subordinate who subsequently gets dismissed.

So fliboi you have supported a known adulterer and fornicator. That make you feel good? Show me an awful lot about you as a person.

Tedy at minimum has some integrity, something you pal IndiHawk can't honestly claim.
[post="285687"][/post]​

Piney, you got it. What's going on with Teddy is an attempted 'coup' by (and forgive me for saying this) a few stupid stews that think they are 'all that.' Well, kiddies, beware. Teddy is leaving in December, there's no changing that. If I were an FA at DCA, PHL, or CLT I'd truly question the motives of these people. By doing this, they are diverting time and energy that desparately needs to be focused on the merger integration. The timing could not be worse. I'd rather have a 'lame duck' Teddy at the negotiating table than a bunch of power mongers that only seek greater self-importance. Make no bones about it this is all about personal gain at the expense of the F/As.

Regarding former CCY managers doing the mattress-mambo, just understand SEVEN CHILDREN now have broken homes because of these selfish individuals. I used to have tremendous respect for one of them, but realize this person changed enormously as he/she rised in the company ranks.

To sum the above up, power in the wrong hands is a dangerous thing.

Hawk may get his due in India. I am sure he will be 'well' received by the people over there. (I guess he did not have so many options after all.) :ninja:

I hope he does not like steak, wonder how many lunches and dinners he had at Ruth Chris' at CCY.

700UW said:
Kinda like not getting the CEO job at US, a job at HP, a retention bonus or severence?
[post="285643"][/post]​

Yeah Baby :up:

Hawk said:
Teddy should know by now "what goes around comes around." :up:

Hawk,

Teddy did her job. What is your excuse?

As far as "what goes around comes around" care to tell us anything?

From PHL LEC

Dear XXXXX,

I know a lot of you are aware of the Special Meeting that is
scheduled for Friday August 5 at 11am in DCA for the recall of
our MEC President. After much thought and many, many sleepless
nights, I decided to go along with Council's 40 and 89 on this
issue. I will try to explain why I came to this decision.

Starting this month, we are going to be negotiating a fence with
America West. This fence is just the beginning of a hard fight
we are going to have to come up with a contract that is
agreeable to both sides.

-- We will need a strong foundation for this fight.
-- We need our negotiating team to be in it for the long haul.
-- We need them to have to work under this contract.
-- We need solidarity.

Our MEC President is leaving on December 2, 2005. She will not
work under this contract, although she has great passion, and
once she grabs a hold of something she won't let go, she will
have to let go of this and in just a few short months.

I spoke with her yesterday, and pleaded our case. I asked her to
resign her position with a stipulation that she stays on
transitioning a new President and continuing with the projects
she is working on until her VFLR in December. I asked her if she
would be willing to do this, as it would be in the best interest
of all the flight attendants at US Airways. She refused and told
me the MEC would decide her fate.

If we wait until the October meeting to put a new President in,
they would only have November to transition in. During November,
we could be up to our eyeballs in negotiations with the Company.
Are we all willing to take the chance that we won't end up with
the best Fence Agreement and the Best Contract possible? Right
now, we are living with a horrible reserve system, the Company
is coming down hard on all of us for sick time, late check ins,
etc. I feel this is the time, before any negotiations start, to
build our new foundation.

I am not asking Teddy to leave, far from it. I am just asking
for who ever is going to take her place, be a part of this
process from the very beginning. I hope you can understand that
I am looking out for "Our" best interests. I believe we are
going to have the fight of our lives and we need to be the best
and strongest we can be from the very beginning.

Laura Albert
LEC President Council 70 PHL
-------------------------------------------------

BottomFeeder said:
Hawk said:
Teddy should know by now "what goes around comes around." :up:
Hawk,

Teddy did her job. What is your excuse?
As far as "what goes around comes around" care to tell us anything?
[post="285730"][/post]​

She did do her joband fought for all of us - Even though we dont see eye to eye on alot of things she has pulled us through a very difficult time on a much brighter note than what would have happened otherwise. This is truly unreal and I just cant believe it. Dont you guys have to many things to be doing besides a recall when she is gone in a couple of months anyway? I dont know the whole story but what i do know is she has done alot for everyone!!

I smell a rat here. Why now? They knew the timeline all along...why pull this stunt now? Everybody should be VERY suspicious of this whole recall effort.

Latest posts