Mec Meeting To Recall Teddy

I still havent seen a reason for the recall. What did she do that warrants a recall? If its just because shes leaving in Dec anyway and those left behind are worried she's going to screw them somehow (per the letter above), I doubt from what I've seen and heard, she would have any intentions of doing this. In fact, I wouldnt have been surprised for her to help behind the scenes even after she retired. Now?

Just curious about the provisions for the election when the President leaves in Dec. Is it done the day she leaves? If not, and they are worried about not having enough "transition" time, would it not be more prudent to just have an election now so all issues can be transitioned between outgoing and incoming Presidents? Why the recall? Why not just have an early election so there can be a smooth transition?

PS- If the recall is made, if I were Teddy, I'd say fine, seeya. I'm outta here in 4 months anyway and since you expect me to act that way, I will. Dont call me, dont ask me, leave me alone since I'm not concerned enough about those of you staying, deal with the mess you're going to get into by yourselves.

Bear96 said:
Can anyone shed some light on what the beef is the people leading the recall have against Teddy?

From an outsider like me this seems at first blush to be really stupid, because from what I can tell Teddy is the best leader to come out of AFA in a long time.

But maybe they have legitimate reasons for the recall that us "outsiders" are not aware of? Anyone know?

At least I hope it is based on something substantive and not just personal petty politics and ambitions, or it is indeed a pathetic move.
[post="285689"][/post]​

Bear,

“Legitimate†reasons? NOT A ONE!

To paraphrase, here are some of the comments these three “Power Mongers†have made to justify their lunacy: ‘Teddy makes spelling mistakes’ ‘Teddy made a mistake on the Hotline and had to redo.’ ‘Teddy was wrong when she thought Carol Austin was going over her head.’ (she wasn’t but that is a whole other thread). And of course they all think she is on US Aviation, which is their BIG THREAT!!! (FYI: Teddy could be here, but KNOW for a FACT that Laura (PHL) spends time here and am pretty sure Alin DCA is here also busy stirring up the Maa)

But here is the RICHEST excuse of all! When asked “why are you doing this†by one of the other LEC President who actually has a brain, Laura Albert’s (PHL LEC) responded that she needs to protect and take care of “Her PSA friends†and doesn’t think Teddy knows enough about “Fences†or will handle that issue as her “PSA Friends†would like. BTW Laura is previous PSA, her avatar has PSA on it, her “good friend†Groff is previous PSA, as is Goff’s “good friend†Sr. VP of Ops, Big Al Crelin, as is his friend VP of Labor Relations, Al Hemmingway. I could go on and on but you should be getting the picture by now. Makes you wonder just where Laura’s loyalties really lay?

You can read between the lines here. The only “Fence†AFA is talking about, at least for now, is the around the bases. After the merger, the only base Laura’s very senior “PSA Friends†may not have access to, would be the new one out West near where most of them live. I ask myself, ‘how high does Laura need to stack that deck? She already put one of her “PSA Friends,†with previous ‘fence experience,’ on the Merger Negotiating Committee. What about the rest of the Flight Attendants who are NOT, previous PSA, who are NOT in the top 10% of the seniority list and who do NOT live out West?

This recall is self-serving BS pure and simple!

Another excuse is that Teddy is leaving and they need someone to stay throughout the merger. Well, it may well be all over by Dec. and if not then what have they gained by pulling her out early? Nothing!

Here is another BIG 411 for those three numbskulls:

Just because Teddy is taking the VFLR in December does NOT mean she has to leave her position! As long as here name remains on the US Airways System Seniority list (which it will) and as long as she informs AFA that she intends to stay active and keep her dues current, she can continue to vote, run for office or keep the seat she presently holds. You may recall that, that is exactly why Steve Hearn, previous CLT LECP remained in office when he took his VF to go work for the TSA.

I believe that “IF†the Flight Attendants or the MEC needed Teddy to stay on for a few extra months in order to get them through the merger process that she would honor those requests. Even though that would mean she was working for free. Because THAT is how dedicated Teddy is to the Flight Attendants! So there goes that excuse.

REAL REASONS FOR THE RECALL:

Mike (CLT) who wants her seat and openly states that “HE is the ONLY ONE Qualified to do the jobâ€. (Hope the talent is even half of what his ego is.)

Every dastardly deed needs a “fall guy.†In this terrible trio that “fall guy†is Alin (DCA). Alin (DCA) spent 3 or 4 terms in the shadows of Karen and Bob. Now, he thinks he is finally one of the "Big Boys." As you can see, Laura (PHL) & Mike (CLT) are using him well, no need for them to dirty their hands too badly when they have Alin to do that work for them. Notice the name at the bottom of the email calling for the “Special Meeting†and the recall! Also notice it is the ONLY name the members can connect with the recall making most of them believe it is Alin who is the instigator and initiator (Nope, that would be Mike and his hunger for power.) Most members do not know who “70†or “89†(PHL & CLT) are so by using Alin, Mike and Laura were able to “Hide Behind†the numbers so to speak. Mike and Laura both know the apathy among the FA group will allow them to get away with their particular agendas as long as they can keep somewhat covert. Alin is a weakling trying to prove he is “Tuff enough†to do the job. Alin (DCA) has personality conflicts with Teddy that go back to their time on the MAA negotiating committee, he doesn’t like Teddy so he has made her his “Target†which makes him the “Perfect Fall guy.â€

Laura, well, you should be able to figure that one out. Management wants Teddy gone. Laura is management.

Teddy, is the most honest, most moral, most ethical MEC President we have ever had. They cannot tell you she stole money, misused union dollars or has done anything unethical or even close to it. As I stated about this is all BS so that Personal and Political Agendas can be served.

This email will bring out the guilty & self-serving so you are going to hear all kinds of crap, come back and re-read this post because this is what is really happening.

Sorry for the length but such treachery cannot be easily explained

abonny, maybe the PHL, CLT & DCA F/As should scream LEC recall. Heck, all F/As at US should scream at this lunacy, period! The one thing Teddy Xidas has done better than EVERY SINGLE LEC or MEC rep I"ve ever seen at US is COMMUNICATE. Heck, she's better than the ALPA reps or the company for that matter. She always communicates what's going on, and always gets back to her F/A's. What are these LEC reps afraid of? Being outed that they are company shills?

EyeInTheSky said:
abonny, maybe the PHL, CLT & DCA F/As should scream LEC recall. Heck, all F/As at US should scream at this lunacy, period! The one thing Teddy Xidas has done better than EVERY SINGLE LEC or MEC rep I"ve ever seen at US is COMMUNICATE. Heck, she's better than the ALPA reps or the company for that matter. She always communicates what's going on, and always gets back to her F/A's. What are these LEC reps afraid of? Being outed that they are company shills?
[post="285761"][/post]​

This is true she does know how to communicate and fight for her people!! ALL of them senior and junior including the furloughees!!! Which whoever comes to the table in teddys spot i hope they think about the whole entire usairways team even the ones that are out on furlough not just the ones that are worried about a "fence" hell some of just want our jobs- I hope they think about that one!!!!!!

BS, BS, BS!

Not one of these THREE COWARDS even had the common courtesy to call and give Teddy a "Heads Up." She had to find out about the recall while in CCY fighting to get a better DC Program for the flight attendants!

Laura did not even talk to Teddy until AFTER the heat got turned up over in PHL. Before Laura even took office she was making veiled threats that "her day was coming!" It was ALWAYS her intention to make Teddy leave, ALWAYS!

I understand the phone is ringing of the hook over in PHL and that the PHL FA's are faxing the local office requesting their vote be cast AGAINST the recall. I also understand that the notice that stated this thread went up in all three crew room today (PHL, CLT & PHL).

Laura, thought she could get away with this garbage but now finds herself on the "HOT SEAT". She had planned to do this all along. The outgoing PHL LEC, before she left, personally warned Laura and Mike not to do this, but both are so arrogant they thought they can get away with this "hatchet job."

Laura is scrambling trying to get out of the line of fire because it just may be Laura who is recalled next! She has really PO'd some very determined, outspoken and loyal members.

Teddy is an honorable woman, a trait Laura does not have and cannot comprehend. Laura just doesn't get it...Teddy is a fighter not a quitter. Shame on her for putting out that embarrassing & debilitating recall notice and THEN offering a resignation. DON'T DO IT TEDDY!

I believe Teddy will NOT resign now because she would rather take this one on the chin than allow these fools to get away with their dimantleing of the MEC behind closed doors.

Teddy will let the chips fall where they may because she knows that once the Company gets wind of division and this kind of a power struggle going on within an MEC it will make the MEC powerless. Don't believe me? Just ask the pilots.

Laura, Mike and Alin have just killed ANY chance the FA's had of getting a better contract through this merger. There is only one thing that can help them now...themselves.

The FLight Attendants need to show this management that Teddy DOES have their FULL support and STRENGTH of numbers irregardless of those 3 yahoos and their personal agendas. If she does not get that support then she should go and do her fighting from the PIT Local because THOSE FA's will back her and she will continue to be VERY effective for THEM.

Teddy needs to separate herself from the likes of Laura, Mike and Alin. Those fools are so arrogant they are going to disembowel the MEC, AFA and the FA's while on their quest for power and fame. The "Crap" is going to hit the fan and Teddy should stay clear.

Hopefully, the FA's will learn from the pilots and will be able to tell the difference between the truth and the BS, we shall see.

I guarantee you the AWA FA's are watching this and on top of all the other merger related crap are seriously thinking WTF are we up against here?

EyeInTheSky said:
[post="285761"][/post]​
YUP! That is exactly what needs to happen! But the AFA Constitution and Bylaws makes it extremely difficult to recall a Local President, especially in a Large base, however, it can be done. There are two ways but with the best way being the hardest to accomplish.

It would be worth the PHL & CLT FA's time and trouble to get petitions going now. Big Bases should be able to use the computer as a means to collect signatures. They need 30% of the membership to sign up and then the recall ballots would go out to all the members and they would they vote For or Against the recall of the Local President.

In PHL a petition would require approx. 650 FA's and ALL 650 signatures MUST be in GOOD STANDING with AFA.

Although gathering those many signatures could have been a problem in the past, it should not be now. Due to the downsizing of PIT, there are likely that many PIT FA's now based in PHILLY. Not to mention that Laura is "NO friend" to the JR. FA and you can bet the bottom of the seniority list in PHL would also participate.

I fear for the U FA's if either CLT or PHL remain in the hands of who now controls those votes. Watch for more recalls to come because if these guys get away with this recall a real Pandora's Box is going to open up!

Go ahead and recall Teddy....seal your own fate if you want too?

Be ready for a trip to the State Nervous Hospital (Mmm Hmmm) when you have lost the only true and honest person whom is really dedicated to representing her fellow union members.

The other Unions on the property should be half as lucky as you FA's are now , to have such a person as Teddy going toe to toe with these people on a day to day basis.

Recalling Teddy at this point is a horrible idea....and those that see fit to do this , Well , I hope you are ready to have the company have its way with you , beyond anything you've seen to this point. Play into their hands...have you not had enough yet ?

Go ahead....its your funeral with this company still in Chapter 11...and with the merger politics getting ready to hit high gear.

I sure hope I never see a post by a Teddy basher complain...if she gets tossed out now....and your futures get tossed out with the bath water in the aftermath.

Hawk said:
Teddy should know by now "what goes around comes around." :up:
One can read the official statement below.

http://afausairways.org/Eline/aug03_05.htm
[post="285632"][/post]​

hahaha... you are a true example of karma coming back to get one in their butt aren't ya?! I'm not a F/A, but I have a great deal of respect for Teddy. I may not have always agreed with her but I admire anyone who sticks to their guns and their beliefs through thick and thin. Good luck in the sand.. even camels aren't safe now!

Sorry all,

My post above that starts out "BS, BS, BS!" was in answer to Laura's (PHL LEC) letter to the PHL FA's that was posted by Light years, I thout I hit the right button but must have goofed. Anyway that reply was to Laura's lies to her FA's.

I guarantee you the AWA FA's are watching this and on top of all the other merger related crap are seriously thinking WTF are we up against here?

Someone has already posted this link to the AWA F/A Board and we hope you guys resolve this.

EyeInTheSky said:
[post="285776"][/post]​

You are right about that!
A link to this thread has been posted on our HP afa66 forum.
I am compelled to registered here inorder to add my 2 cents.
I'm gonna go w/the general consensus and agree a recall is a very bad idea at this time. Are the LEC leaders unaware of what is actually going on right now?

Also, hearing about the politics between the different LECs is a little scary.
Apparently management has you right where they want you. Divide and conquer as they say.
If a workgroup cannot unite and agree among themselves, they are no threat to mgmnt.
We have only one council, our MEC. They are hard workers. We have only half the number of FAs as US. We are a generally happy group. Of course, occasional disagreements, and there's always grumblers who will never be happy. Nothing on the scale going on at US.

I hope your officers will rethink their position.
But the lack of support/involvement in general shown by the lack of votes is distressing.

Good luck.

FYI I have 17yrs w/HP, 15 as inflight. I am pro-merger. I fall just slightly above smack in the middle of the seniority list.

Alot of politics and we hope US F/As resolves this. I have almost 16 years and pro-merger. Not as much seniority as US F/as, but I am hoping for the best and thinking positive.
We are indeed a generally a happy group at HP and we hope you guys focus your energies on making your environment a more pleasant one to work.

Best of Luck to all of us.

First of all, Laura has it wrong. The councils who signed on to the recall are 89, 70 and 41; NOT 40 (that's Pittsburgh).

Second, the assumpion made here is that US Airways and AWA will be in full blown, up to eyeballs by November in negotiations of merging the provisions. US Airways is hard pressed for cash by November. Unless the merger and emergence from BK is done by the end of October in order to get investors money by November, U will be floating on water.

That is a lame excuse. You don't need a reason for a recall in the AFA Constitution. Why make one up.

Teddy won't resign beause she is still too busy doing MEC work. This action is not good for the members, proves to the company that Unions bury their own and dismiss dedicated service as if it never counted for the sake of someone else'sambitions to move up. And that is Council 89.

For Teddy, she will go back and continue her Local work after the recall. She makes the same amount whether she does both jobs or just one.

Mike wants the seat at all cost. And has made statements that Teddy doesn't deserve to sit as MEC President.

Wonder what he has and what his criteria is? What he doesn't get in his 1 year as LEC President is that the MEC seat is earned; through hard work; not what one deserves.

From what little I know, it seems like some political wrangling from someone who doesn't know what they're doing. Poorly timed, not well thought out and oblivious to the consequences to the flight attendants they should be representing.

But I guess when one has a their own personal agenda set above the best interests of the group, this is what happens.

Sad. Truly sad and irresponsible. And a shining example of why Labor is floundering today.

Dea