New NonRev policy annouced

The quote function does not work for me...

To the person who posted the question about buddy passes traveling at the same priority as employees when traveling together.  No.  D1s goes ahead of D2s who go ahead of D3s and all other non-rev types--such as OAL employees, etc.  The only discrepancy is D1Ts (through passengers) go ahead of D1s, etc.  However, D2Ts go ahead of D2s, but not D1s. 

D1T, D1, D2T, D2, D3T, D3, etc. in that order.  It's a simple system with a minimum of codes to have to keep track of.

If an employee is flying to  an immediate family funeral, he/she travels on a bereavement code,  I think it is something like A6.  "A" category is supposed to be a must ride.  Other than when I am deadheading to/from a flight, I've never traveled A category except when I was flown to DFW to interview for the job; so, I can't say for sure.  I know that for us flight attendants if traveling A3D (deadheading from a work assignment), it's a must ride, but not necessarily a must ride in a cabin seat.  The agents can make us take an available jumpseat.

I believe if memory serves me right a family emergency including bereavement is a A9.
You need approval from your local manager to list you on a flight as a A9.
Hope no one ever has to use one.

jimntx said:
The quote function does not work for me...

To the person who posted the question about buddy passes traveling at the same priority as employees when traveling together.  No.  D1s goes ahead of D2s who go ahead of D3s and all other non-rev types--such as OAL employees, etc.  The only discrepancy is D1Ts (through passengers) go ahead of D1s, etc.  However, D2Ts go ahead of D2s, but not D1s. 

D1T, D1, D2T, D2, D3T, D3, etc. in that order.  It's a simple system with a minimum of codes to have to keep track of.

If an employee is flying to  an immediate family funeral, he/she travels on a bereavement code,  I think it is something like A6.  "A" category is supposed to be a must ride.  Other than when I am deadheading to/from a flight, I've never traveled A category except when I was flown to DFW to interview for the job; so, I can't say for sure.  I know that for us flight attendants if traveling A3D (deadheading from a work assignment), it's a must ride, but not necessarily a must ride in a cabin seat.  The agents can make us take an available jumpseat.

There are three basic ways to pull up the priority list in native sabre

G*L###/datecty/P - will give you all standby's that are not yet holding seat assignments for the flight, this is handy when double checking the number of seats left and where you are on the list of those yet to be accommodated.

G*L###/datecty/PALL - will give you all standby's including those that have already been accommodated

G*L###/datecty/PALL*H - same as above, except there is a History tag that will show what time they checked in for their flight.  This is handy if you ever question how someone got a head of you on the list. 

Jetnet (Web app) and Jetaway (mobile app) use a shortened rendition of the G*L###/datecty/PALL entry.

Crew members travel either A1D - Deadhead to active flying, A3D - Deadhead back to base after all active flying is done.  A12 - Deadhead back to home from training, to and from TDY, or to their commuter city instead of their base (if their sequence contains a deadhead leg back to home base).  An A1D will displace revenue passengers, an A3D will not.  If the flight is full an A3D has the option of taking the jumpseat or rolling to the next available flight that they are legal to deadhead on.  They should notify crew tracking that they did not make the flight so that their sequence is showing their new deadhead.

AirLUVer said:

G*L###/datecty/P - will give you all standby's that are not yet holding seat assignments for the flight, this is handy when double checking the number of seats left and where you are on the list of those yet to be accommodated.

G*L###/datecty/PALL - will give you all standby's including those that have already been accommodated

G*L###/datecty/PALL*H - same as above, except there is a History tag that will show what time they checked in for their flight.  This is handy if you ever question how someone got a head of you on the list. 

Jetnet (Web app) and Jetaway (mobile app) use a shortened rendition of the G*L###/datecty/PALL entry.

Crew members travel either A1D - Deadhead to active flying, A3D - Deadhead back to base after all active flying is done.  A12 - Deadhead back to home from training, to and from TDY, or to their commuter city instead of their base (if their sequence contains a deadhead leg back to home base).  An A1D will displace revenue passengers, an A3D will not.  If the flight is full an A3D has the option of taking the jumpseat or rolling to the next available flight that they are legal to deadhead on.  They should notify crew tracking that they did not make the flight so that their sequence is showing their new deadhead.

The crew movement sequence will change Im quite sure . We are must rides going and coming. It makes no sense not to get crew back to their base sense the rest times doesnt start until we return. 

Here's another situation I was trying to understand using FCFS:

I leave PIT to PHL to catch flight #123 to FLL.

You leave BOS to PHL to also catch flight #123 to FLL.

We are both at the gate as D2T for the same flight from different originating cities.  Who gets on?  Is it you from BOS because your check-in time was 0730 and mine in PIT was 0735?

With DOH it was a given.  He who worked the longest got on first.

Real tired said:

I leave PIT to PHL to catch flight #123 to FLL.

We are both at the gate as D2T for the same flight from different originating cities.  Who gets on?  Is it you from BOS because your check-in time was 0730 and mine in PIT was 0735?

[SIZE=16pt]   [/SIZE]
Quick fingers/computer/phone gets on first unless you are in different time zone and can check in earlier  
Welcome to cluster FCFS

AirLUVer said:

Don’t count on using these entrees. When Parker took over US native entrees when bye bye for the frontline workers I suspect he will do the same for SABRE/SHARES

Real tired said:

And with FCFS it's also a given.  He who checks in first gets on first.

There's not doubt this will be painful for those of you with seniority who are used to the entitlement of being able to walk up to the gate at any time and jump in front of those who have been waiting all day at the airport.  

To offset your deep depression, maybe the idea being able to go more places with more frequency can offset some of that.

In addition, think about the how the AA employees feel...they didn't really get anything from this merger...other than even more employees fighting for limited seats to those popular destinations.

Reactions: 1 person
Can someone help me out? I was trying to find where the company and the unions agreed to change the modified policy after the last merger and DOH change to DOH/FCFS. I have found the old AFA elines where they state they are grieving the change, but I cant find any info on the outcome and what the response of the company was as to why the finally changed it strictly to DOH and not the modified version. If someone can provide a link to the statement by the Company or any of the unions, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

The West won their arbitration and the East won their grievance also right before it went to arbitration, so this case has precedence, and Al Hemenway is going to lose another battle again.

John John:  (my quote function doesn't work)

No, being in a different time zone does not give anyone an advantage or disadvantage.  The 24-hour window is based on the time of departure in the departure city.  For those who live in different time zones, they have to adjust the time they are sitting at their computer ready to check in.  For instance, departure time at DFW for flight to LHR is 1300 CST tomorrow.  Someone in the EST will be checking in at 1400 today (their local time zone).  Someone checking in for the same flight in PST would be checking in at 1100 (their local time zone).  But, then someone who is checking in from a different time zone will more than likely be a through passenger at DFW (LAX-DFW-LHR or CLT-DFW-LHR).  That makes them have an advantage over those of us who live in Dallas anyway--mainly because your check-in time will be based on the departure time of the LAX-DFW or CLT-DFW flight. 

Assume that the flight from CLT that will get you to DFW at least an hour prior to departure (I wouldn't recommend any connection time less than that at DFW) leaves CLT at 1030 CLT time.  That 1030 will be your checkin time for the entire sequence to LHR; so, you've actually got two legs up on poor me who lives in Dallas--earlier check in and through passenger.

Have you all been so abused in non-rev that you just assume (and can think up which concerns me) ways to scam the system?  I have never failed to get where I wanted to go.  Maybe not at the time, but always on the day I planned.  Quit worrying.

Oh, and the on-line checkin does not give an advantage to those of us who can type.  The most data you have to enter is the flight number.  Everything else is point and click.  And, if you go to the non-rev travel planner and start with clicking on your PNR, you don't even have to enter the flight number.  It's all point and click.

Reactions: 3 people
Real tired said:

I leave PIT to PHL to catch flight #123 to FLL.first one checked in goes first

jimntx said:

No, being in a different time zone does not give anyone an advantage or disadvantage.
Don’t you go on the transfer pall list first if you check in from an earlier time zone form your origination?
If not who would be first a west cost going east or a east cost staying east Obviously the west cost NRSA can check in first

dfw gen said:

I leave PIT to PHL to catch flight #123 to FLL.first one checked in goes first

Not to mention that poor bastard that lives in PHL.    Gets on AFTER those from PIT and BOS,   just because he lives in a hub? 

Really?

jimntx said:

No, being in a different time zone does not give anyone an advantage or disadvantage.  The 24-hour window is based on the time of departure in the departure city.  For those who live in different time zones, they have to adjust the time they are sitting at their computer ready to check in.  For instance, departure time at DFW for flight to LHR is 1300 CST tomorrow.  Someone in the EST will be checking in at 1400 today (their local time zone).  Someone checking in for the same flight in PST would be checking in at 1100 (their local time zone).  But, then someone who is checking in from a different time zone will more than likely be a through passenger at DFW (LAX-DFW-LHR or CLT-DFW-LHR).  That makes them have an advantage over those of us who live in Dallas anyway--mainly because your check-in time will be based on the departure time of the LAX-DFW or CLT-DFW flight. 

Assume that the flight from CLT that will get you to DFW at least an hour prior to departure (I wouldn't recommend any connection time less than that at DFW) leaves CLT at 1030 CLT time.  That 1030 will be your checkin time for the entire sequence to LHR; so, you've actually got two legs up on poor me who lives in Dallas--earlier check in and through passenger.

Have you all been so abused in non-rev that you just assume (and can think up which concerns me) ways to scam the system?  I have never failed to get where I wanted to go.  Maybe not at the time, but always on the day I planned.  Quit worrying.

Oh, and the on-line checkin does not give an advantage to those of us who can type.  The most data you have to enter is the flight number.  Everything else is point and click.  And, if you go to the non-rev travel planner and start with clicking on your PNR, you don't even have to enter the flight number.  It's all point and click.

Sorry,  but to ultimately get to the place you plan to go on the same day.    Come non-rev on the East system and see how that works out for you.   Good Luck.   

A Lot of cities we have nothing but RJ service and sometimes it's 3 or maybe 4 flights a day.