New Paint Scheme?

delldude said:
that .001 gouge will in due time from constant press/depress turn into a convertable at the worst possible moment.thats the issue.safety....skin up around there is 0.050" neighborhood i think.....
what was it,hawaiian air??
Right sure, ok.

I know all about it.

Different story altogether.

Even Boeing disagrees with you because they are going to do the time checks being it's not an imminent threat to safety, if they felt otherwise they would be grounded yesterday.

ringmaruf said:
Apparently one of the birds like this is N573US. That's indeed ex-Piedmont, for what it's worth.
You PIT guys sure love to take a cheap shot at PI don't ya? I guess if my history was painted in three shades of rust...I'd have a axe to grind too :p :D

The Phugging FAA caught these people in the red-handed physical act of damaging this Acft...it wasn't taken out of New Iberia and ferried to PIT for grins and giggles..or to investigate PI's maintenance practices of the past. It was taken out of New Iberia because they screwed up what was a perfectly operating Acft before they got their meathooks on it.

Do some research..or go shovel some snow or something. :D

USFlyer said:
While we're talking paint schemes ... when is US painting its Star Alliance aircraft (I believe I saw they were using an A320 for this)?
Don't know if it's still there, but for some time recently there was a CRJ700 parked in Montreal, on the GA side(the wrong side of 24L), in Star Alliance livery.

Perhaps the US Airways Star Alliance aircraft will be a CRJ700 operated by Mesa. Not so far fetched since in the not too distant future US Airways will be mostly Mesa. If you must give up scope, be careful exactly how you give it up! :ph34r:

Seems like the Hawaiin "convertible" was due to corrosion in the lap joints, but I could be wrong.

On our airplanes, seems like there was some time limit to inspect the damage & determine if it was in tolerance. All I know about the technical end is that if we find new scratches or dents on the walk-around, we have to get maintenance to inspect it.

Jim

AOG-N-IT said:
You PIT guys sure love to take a cheap shot at PI don't ya? I guess if my history was painted in three shades of rust...I'd have a axe to grind too :p :D
You know when I was writing that, I thought about you AOG .:lol:

You were not even part of the equation back then so lighten up. ;)

But I will tell you this for a FACT. I worked on those piedmont engines and honestly they were total scrape heaps. I remember writing up tons in "Beyond Economy Repair" scrape out forms when working on them. Ask delldude for proof!

I really have no idea what the TRUE story is with the scratches, but I saw them up close and they are minor at best, wherever it occurred.

TBONEJ4J said:
Don't know if it's still there, but for some time recently there was a CRJ700 parked in Montreal, on the GA side(the wrong side of 24L), in Star Alliance livery.

Perhaps the US Airways Star Alliance aircraft will be a CRJ700 operated by Mesa. Not so far fetched since in the not too distant future US Airways will be mostly Mesa. If you must give up scope, be careful exactly how you give it up! :ph34r:
I don't think Mesa. Maybe PSA though. -Cape

BoeingBoy said:
Seems like the Hawaiin "convertible" was due to corrosion in the lap joints, but I could be wrong.

On our airplanes, seems like there was some time limit to inspect the damage & determine if it was in tolerance. All I know about the technical end is that if we find new scratches or dents on the walk-around, we have to get maintenance to inspect it.

Jim
Exactly, and if it were as big a deal as some are making it, there would be no walk arounds, they would be parked.

cavalier said:
AOG-N-IT said:

But I will tell you this for a FACT. I worked on those piedmont engines and honestly they were total scrape heaps. I remember writing up tons in "Beyond Economy Repair" scrape out forms when working on them. Ask delldude for proof!

I really have no idea what the TRUE story is with the scratches, but I saw them up close and they are minor at best, wherever it occurred.
I'll lighten up all right. ;) ...and while you are handing out advice , I share some with you too.

The term you were stretching for was/is "Beyond Economical Repair" "BER" . :p

AOG-N-IT said:
cavalier said:
AOG-N-IT said:

I'll lighten up all right. ;) ...and while you are handing out advice , I share some with you too.

The term you were stretching for was/is "Beyond Economical Repair" "BER" . :p
GOT ME

guess I'll go back and fix it...another PIT fubar

delldude said:
that .001 gouge will in due time from constant press/depress turn into a convertable at the worst possible moment...what was it, hawaiian air??
It was an Aloha 737-297, manufactured in 1969. Registration N73711.

TBONEJ4J said:

I recently emailed Dave about the STAR livery, he actually emailed me back and said 9 a/c will be painted in STAR livery after we formally join STAR Allinace. He did not give specifics on what type and exactly when it would occur.

TBONEJ4J said:

TBONE, If indeed you saw a CRJ700 painted in STAR livery, it was probably an AIR CANADA bird, they have already began to paint their a/c in the new livery.

check out the STAR Alliance website at www.star-alliance.com they have picture of some the member airlines birds painted in the new livery

if they paint the airplanes all over again, just how much would it cost per plane and if they do go thru it, then it is obivious to me that this airline has been making money for awhile. if they paint it silver, i wonder if they will paint the engine cowlings and the nose a dark color like the later B-17s to help th epilots see without the sun glare!!!!

I took a pic of it Tues. Personally, I like it better than the all blue.

Attachments

• New_Paint.jpg
    New_Paint.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 822

Latest posts

Back