New Uniforms

Gonna wear the darker mock with the dress jacket tomorrow as I'm going to cooler places. I'll let everyone know how it holds up. I actually like that look on me. No man boobs, yet.

:lol:

Has anyone had the vest altered? That pooch at the bottom of the zipper is odd. Cost?

Everything BUT the vest looks great on me, so I will need to do something there.

I just wish the Magtag repair jacket had a little something to not look so much like an after thought. It seems they could had made it with a stripe, a flag, or in another color. It just seems boring!

Actually I heard about some Cokes exploding on the floor on the RON Aircraft(s) I guess Catering is getting careless these days and a friend in PHL Catering told me someone was fired for sneaking his family some meals when they were nonrevving to LGW...This is sad if true.
Yep. Just exploded. All over the place creating a sticky mystery mess. I have NO idea how that happened. What a shame..... :ph34r:

I wore the pants, tailored top and sheer blue scarf today. It looked good and was very comfortable except for the wings which scratched the crap out of me. It hurt so much I felt like I needed an armored vest. I stopped by inflight and got some new backings. I didn't wear a belt and my pants fell down a bit. The scarf got in the way every time I had to bend forward. Overall, I loved what I wore today. I'm glad that I got the Super-Crease on the pants; they looked just as pressed by the end of the day. I was out of sorts with where to put my pen and trip sheet. The other F/A and I put them in our pockets and promptly lost both. Just a few minor details that needs to be worked out. I strongly dislike the customer service polo shirt, especially worn without an undershirt by the men. That was gross. I also didn't care for the Star Trek mock turtleneck worn alone. Every imperfection showed through (man boobs, beer gut, love handles, and big silicone breasts on skinny girls with no fat). Besides that, everyone looked great and seemed excited to be wearing something new. I think that our spirits have been lifted with the new uniform, Kudos!

I must say that I was skeptical of the uniform but wearing it has grown on me. Not all pieces (mock turtleneck) but many for the men at least. What I have found though is you can't help someone put themselves together. Some here in the air AND in the terminal could look like crap if dressed in Vera Wang. It doesn't matter...they're just pigs. With that being said I feel SO much better in my uniform and look more professional. I DO however start to feel the same in a hot 737 cabin and ya flush the toilet while sitting in MCO. :lol:

I was on a flight this morning. Looked up the aisle and thought a passenger was pushing the beverage cart. What is up with the striped shirts?

Ok at least for me that striped shirt is Uuuuuuuuuuuugly. I mean HEAVY ugly. Those colors in it. I mean c'mon. YICK.

This passenger has mixed feelings about the new uniforms... As a former employee that wore the AWA uniform, I have to say, some of this uniform looks great, and some of it doesn't. But, isn't that true of all fashion and doesn't it really matter who's wearing it and who's doing the "judging"?

Generally speaking, the new uniforms are attractive and the people wearing them seem to be genuinely happy to be doing so!

Very first impression: While waiting for my flight last Friday, I saw this man in the gate area -- I thought he was priest dressed in blues, instead of black. Obviously, it was a male F/A -- he was in the lt mock t-neck and navy blazer. The way the light hit the mock, it looked much lighter at first glance. Now, this particular F/A was of average build and looks and I thought the mock Tneck looked sophisticated -- yet, with the more "classically" tailored blazer, it looked like my Dad trying too hard to look "cool", or something. The blazer was too boxy for his build. There was another F/A, commuting, in the same mock and the zip jacket -- THAT looked great together! Just a little edgy, even.

On my flight, I wasn't too impressed by the striped shirt on the male F/A, at first, but by my return flight on Sunday, it had grown on me. It's one of those pieces that not everyone can wear and those that do need to wear it with more panache and be sure it's not too big and billowy -- Did I see one guy wearing a solid tie with it? He looked great.

On the women, I loved the sweater twin set and the zip jacket -- very cute -- especially when worn with any of the scarves and I saw several combinations! Although, some gals could learn a few scarf tying tricks...
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/scarfknots/scarfknots.tem
And I'm sure with time and experimentation, they will be the most popular accessory. (do a search for pix of Air France F/A's -- now those women know how to tie a scarf!)

I can understand the practicality of missing the pockets for trip sheets and pens, etc. However, I never liked the look of "paperwork" sticking out of various pockets of the old uniforms -- let alone the location of some of those pockets!

The ladies I saw in the zip dress all looked spectacular; although, the women I saw would look spectacular dressed in anything. If you've got it, flaunt it. The periwinkle colored dress -- now that's a different subject. I saw one. And it did make her eyes "pop". However, it looked like if she breathed she would "pop" right out in a few places. I'd like to see more examples before deciding whether or not it "looks good". And I agree with whomever said a belt would spiff it up -- it sure would! -- on either dress! Something to consider: The Delta "red" dress does not come larger than a size 12, if I recall correctly...hmmm.

I hate, hate, hate the polo shirts! Cheap. Awful. Dollar-store! Thankfully, they are not huge "investment" pieces and I hope they come up with a new alternative, and soon! If the shirt is going to be all one color with tone on tone embroidery, then the FABRIC has to have something special -- a special weave like a chevron or colored fleck or even "Mercerized" (sp?) cotton so it has a sheen! Otherwise, it needs "tipping" or some other "pow" factor. And it needs to be thicker fabric, available in a slim cut and regular cut for men and in women's sizes and shaping for women -- with smaller buttons and plackets and sleeves in proportion for women! And I don't want to see anybody's NERTS-- men or women. Wonder if "they" would allow a colored Tshirt underneath -- like red?

Lastly, I saw a pilot in his new uniform! Oh, my Gosh! Classy! Baby! Classy! Really sharp! Now, this was one guy, and a trim, good-looking, 30-something. He would probably look good in anything, or nothing. He appeared to be commuting; don't know why he was wearing the new threads. But if he was out and about to promote the new look -- they picked a heck of a looker to do it! ;-)' Pant!

Lookin' good, folks. Lookin' really good...

Note: About washing the sweaters and the pilling -- Here's a suggestion: Turn them inside-out and you will be safe from pills! Also, don't put anything in the washer that could snag on them -- nothing with buttons or zippers or hooks or anything like that. Wash them by themselves, preferably. And be sure to zip, button, snap, etc any fastener that is attached to them already. These little things will help keep any machine-washable garment looking good a little longer...

That striped shirt -- seems like if it fits right, it looks good. But if it's too big, too "billowy", too full in the torso, then that's a LOT of stripes and it becomes the shirt wearing the person inside, rather than the person wearing the shirt. (Geez, I watch way too much Clinton & Kelly!)

The ladies I saw in the zip dress all looked spectacular; although, the women I saw would look spectacular dressed in anything. If you've got it, flaunt it. The periwinkle colored dress -- now that's a different subject. I saw one. And it did make her eyes "pop". However, it looked like if she breathed she would "pop" right out in a few places. I'd like to see more examples before deciding whether or not it "looks good". And I agree with whomever said a belt would spiff it up -- it sure would! -- on either dress! Something to consider: The Delta "red" dress does not come larger than a size 12, if I recall correctly...hmmm.

We have a periwinkle colored dress? :huh: I don't think so. There is only one dress. I sent mine back as it looked awful on me. An agent had the dress on and it looked really good, but I swear it was a totally different color than the one I received. Mine was a light blue, perhaps that is what you mean by periwinkle. The one on the agent was a much deeper blue. The fabric on the dress I got was so thin, you could see through the top part.